Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Gear What helmet(s) do you wear?

Enrico

CB650F ABS
There is no such thing as a "quiet" helmet! Wear ear plugs!!!
Worth it to wear ear plugs , I assume they must do some good . Wind noise , buffeting from a screen/fairing, helmet - there are so many things that affect riding comfort. I partly changed to the CB650F because it is a naked bike without a fairing and screen to hopefully eliminate one reason for buffeting/turbulence/wind noise. I now feel like I could do with a small flyscreen but even they can create turbulence ! Following other vehicles creates turbulence of course but the CB650F is usually pretty good in 'clean air '.

Enrico

CB650F ABS
For short distance riding . I'm wearing bell custom 500 + visor. Old school style
Is there any significance in the distance ? If you crash it doesn't matter whether you have gone a short or a long distance ?!
I sometimes wear an open face helmet and visor in hot weather but don't feel altogether comfortable about the lack of protection to the chin.

Hottep6153

CB650F ABS
I use a Shoei NXR

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-11 at 17.00.01.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-06-11 at 17.00.01(1).jpeg

Very confident with it. Is not that loud as a Shoei GT Air and has a very good Ventilation.

A little Advice: Shoei has a brilliant fitting Service, that called "SHOEI P.F.S." (Pesonal Fitting System)

Unfortunately, this Service is largely unknown.

logo-333.jpg 33964534_845724212295425_4109603521186234368_n.jpg

I have used that Sevice and my Helmet fits perfectly now.

They make a messurement of my head and a computerprogram said which Paddings inside in which specification have to replace.
The Result is a individually custom fitting Helmet

If you buy a new helmet, there is no extra charge. If they have to adjust a old Helmet, you have to pay a small Amount. In my case i had to pay 20€
IMO its worth the Money. Ive never had a helmet, that fits in this perfection.

Notice: a perfectly fitting helmet ist not only a bonus in Comfort (makes the helmet quiter), you gain more safety as well.