• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Gear What helmet(s) do you wear?

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
There is no such thing as a "quiet" helmet! Wear ear plugs!!!
Worth it to wear ear plugs , I assume they must do some good . Wind noise , buffeting from a screen/fairing, helmet - there are so many things that affect riding comfort. I partly changed to the CB650F because it is a naked bike without a fairing and screen to hopefully eliminate one reason for buffeting/turbulence/wind noise. I now feel like I could do with a small flyscreen but even they can create turbulence ! Following other vehicles creates turbulence of course but the CB650F is usually pretty good in 'clean air '.

McGrumpy

CB650R ABS
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
My first helmet was a HJC FG-ST "Marvels The Punisher" edition.
Then I bought myself an O'Neal Challenger Street Flat and love it.
He has this incredibly awesome Fidlock bucklet.

hjcfg-stmarvelsthepun2ejz3.jpg

onealchallengerstreetmzknt.jpg

rashcd

CB650R ABS
Jun 7, 2019
For short distance riding . I'm wearing bell custom 500 + visor. Old school style

Attachments

• IMG20190513201510.jpg
    IMG20190513201510.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 15

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
For short distance riding . I'm wearing bell custom 500 + visor. Old school style
Is there any significance in the distance ? If you crash it doesn't matter whether you have gone a short or a long distance ?!
I sometimes wear an open face helmet and visor in hot weather but don't feel altogether comfortable about the lack of protection to the chin.

Hottep6153

CB650F ABS
Apr 10, 2019
Germany
I use a Shoei NXR

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-11 at 17.00.01.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-06-11 at 17.00.01(1).jpeg

Very confident with it. Is not that loud as a Shoei GT Air and has a very good Ventilation.

A little Advice: Shoei has a brilliant fitting Service, that called "SHOEI P.F.S." (Pesonal Fitting System)

Unfortunately, this Service is largely unknown.

logo-333.jpg33964534_845724212295425_4109603521186234368_n.jpg

I have used that Sevice and my Helmet fits perfectly now.

They make a messurement of my head and a computerprogram said which Paddings inside in which specification have to replace.
The Result is a individually custom fitting Helmet

If you buy a new helmet, there is no extra charge. If they have to adjust a old Helmet, you have to pay a small Amount. In my case i had to pay 20€
IMO its worth the Money. Ive never had a helmet, that fits in this perfection.

Notice: a perfectly fitting helmet ist not only a bonus in Comfort (makes the helmet quiter), you gain more safety as well.

shinyballs

CB650F
Apr 27, 2019
Shoei Neotech II. I two wear glasses and a flip up helps. Like the Schubert, the Shoei Noetech II is very quiet for a flip up.

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
Wanted to do the pfs for my GT air 2, but the pads weren't available as spares and you can't do the service after sale... Just as well it's a good fit anyway 👍

GJP

CB650R ABS
Apr 25, 2019
24193.original.jpg
MT Pitlane has pinlock and 3 vents and internal sunvisor. a bit noisy but I wear ear plugs

Alape8

CB650R ABS
Aug 4, 2019
Getting back into riding and replaced my ancient Scorpion Exo-700 with a new Arai Defiant-X with the dark purple graphics. Looks great with the red bike in the sun! Super comfy and easy to wear sunglasses with, but unfortunately right out of the box it has a loud high-pitched whistle above 30mph. Did not expect issues like that on a helmet of its level...sad.

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
Started riding with an AGV but had issues with the visor, so after recommendations went with a Schuberth S2 which I have been using for a few years now. I do wear foam earplugs as well, but is a relatively "quiet" helmet, plus it has the sun visor and ratchet buckle which is so much easier to fasten than the old double D loop system. Why do manufacturers still use it!

User26

CBR650R ABS
Aug 8, 2019
Riding Since
I use a Shoei NXR

View attachment 3326View attachment 3325

Very confident with it. Is not that loud as a Shoei GT Air and has a very good Ventilation.

A little Advice: Shoei has a brilliant fitting Service, that called "SHOEI P.F.S." (Pesonal Fitting System)

Unfortunately, this Service is largely unknown.

View attachment 3327View attachment 3328

I have used that Sevice and my Helmet fits perfectly now.

They make a messurement of my head and a computerprogram said which Paddings inside in which specification have to replace.
The Result is a individually custom fitting Helmet

If you buy a new helmet, there is no extra charge. If they have to adjust a old Helmet, you have to pay a small Amount. In my case i had to pay 20€
IMO its worth the Money. Ive never had a helmet, that fits in this perfection.

Notice: a perfectly fitting helmet ist not only a bonus in Comfort (makes the helmet quiter), you gain more safety as well.

I tried the Shoei and really loved it. But it was a bit above my budget. I went for the LS2 ff323 arrow c.
It fits me perfectly, has a large visor and is really light compared to my previous helmets.
I just wanted a racy looking helmet with a good fit and a double-d ring closing system so I could use it on track.

plus it has the sun visor and ratchet buckle which is so much easier to fasten than the old double D loop system. Why do manufacturers still use it!

From what I've read it's regarded as the safest closing system. I gues that is why it's obligated at some tracks.LS2-FF323-Arrow-Carbon-Helmet.png

Last edited:

Forc

CB650R
Jul 2, 2019
Shoei GT Air 2. Pretty happy with it although it is still a bit noisy at highway speeds (120km/h+).

victorkkq

CBR650F
Oct 30, 2018

The Personal Fitting System is super awesome!!! I am using Shoei Z-7+ (for Malaysia, I think it is known as RF-1200 in other regions). My helmet was fitted personally by Japanese Shoei staff. They visit the outlets in Malaysia to measure and fit your helmet for free. There is nothing like having a helmet fits you perfectly by someone that is technically qualified from Shoei Japan. :)

Note: Shoei Malaysia is having a session to show and clean the customer's helmet for free.

Attachments

• Shoei Z-7+.png
    Shoei Z-7+.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Top Bottom