Welcome back - please login below. New here? It's quick & easy to register!

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Gear What helmet(s) do you wear?

Have recently swapped my HJC IS17 for a Shark Spartan. Tha HJC was a great helmet. Think the Spartan has the edge on it - probably because it is a slightly better fit. Have gone from a medium in the HJC to a small in the Shark. Was amazed how different my bike sounded with a different lid.
Atb
Trev

So many great looking lids out there - difficult to choose. Even when you think you've made the right choice you never really know till you take your bike for a decent ride. Same with jackets and gloves etc. Can become a very expensive hobby if you're not careful!!!

Dankotaru

CBR650R ABS
My new helmet is a Shoei RF-1200 Recounter with the blue iridium visor:
IMG_20190914_193734330.jpg

I like the looks of it, it vents great, and it matches my Rev'It Vapor 2 jacket really well. It fits great all around my head, but the wind buffeting noise above 40mph is something I never experienced with my older (and ill-fitting) HJC. It's not bad enough to warrant a chnage, but it was unexpected. I might see if it's possible to bolster the lower pads below my ears a bit, because the wind noise dissapears entirely when I cover that space with my hands.

BT67

CB650R
Lovely looking lid. A great match to your jacket and bike. Love that co-ordinated look!
Had a similar issue with my helmet - a Shark Spartan. Was able to order slightly thicker cheek pads which will hopefully help. Maybe Shoei do something similar?
Cheers
Trev