• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Gear What helmet(s) do you wear?

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
What helmet(s) do you wear?
What are your thoughts?

I currently wear an AGV Horizon. Much better than my old Icon. Better airflow when needed. The chin curtain makes a decent difference in keeping air out. And I'll never buy another helmet without a retractable sun visor. LOVE it.

IMG_20170331_180101_01.jpg

gtv

CB650F
Nov 10, 2016
kings lynn
I use a Nitro F342 elite. Love the flip up and Sun visor. It's a lot better now I have the pinlock visor installed, and can't fault it.

Attachments

• 20170321_204028.jpg
    20170321_204028.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29

CBR_Craig

Amateur
Jan 12, 2016
Hampshire
Arai Chaser - V

Had and Arai axcess 2 and it was a good budget helmet but the chaser v is so much lighter, better venitaleted and comfier. Thought about going for a helmet with a built in sun visor but decided a smoked visor just looks way too cool.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I have a giant, round head so I fit into Shoei and HJC helmets the best. Currently I have two HJC's: an FG-17 that's my "commuting" helmet and an RPHA-10 that's my "good" helmet. Thing is even though the FG is a less expensive helmet, it fits better do I like it more than the RPHA.

Fit is everything; I've owned WAY too many helmets that didn't fit right so I barely look at price anymore because it's really not a huge factor once get over $150 or so. Bought a very expensive Arai Corsair years ago because everyone said that Arai was the best and that I needed to pay what I thought my head was worth. Turned out it was $300 more expensive than a solid color due to the graphics on it and it was made for a long, narrow head and I couldn't go more than 10 minutes without actual pain. Tried to tough it out since I dropped two rent payments on it and in the end sold it 3 months later for 1/3 of what I paid because I scratched the top putting on in the kitchen the second week I owned it.

Never again.

Now I buy a year or so old closeout model for cheap, if I scratch it I don't care, if I drop it I replace it, if it falls off the bike I don't care. Much less worry when you have less invested. Thats my $.02 thought for the day.

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
Riding Since
I don't keep luggage on my bike, so replacing visors during a ride at sundown isn't an option for me. That's why I love the retractables so much.

I am interested in trying a modular helmet some day. A riding buddy uses one and they seem very convenient.

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
Really like the art on that.

+1 on miweber929 @miweber929 regarding fit. I went to the local Cycle Gear store and tried on a bunch. I have a non-Mike head (read: small and oval) and the Shoei fit me the best. (I'm wearing a Small, and found out it doesn't fit anyone else so no worries about friends wanting to "borrow" it :)). The Manager of the store also asked me what type of bike I rode, which I first thought was an odd question. He explained (when I had that look on my face) that the riding position affects airflow and sport-bikes that you are more over the tank wil do better with certain models, like the RF1200. He recommended the Qwest to me based on the riding position of this bike. I think that was cool in retrospect, because I would not have considered that in my purchase criteria. I spent a few $ more for the graphics just because I knew I'd be looking at it for the next few years and wanted something with some uniqueness. Even my wife likes it. Score!

Last edited:

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
Riding Since

GoaCBR

CBR650F
Feb 1, 2016
Candolim Goa
This is my helmet for India (when riding the CBR650F). I don't think I could wear a full face constantly, so the open face does the job - plenty of air flow and very good protection - comes with a drop down sun visor as well which is a must when using the clear visor. I was a bit unsure about the LS2 make, but the quality is excellent and would now recommend them to anyone. Fits perfectly and for £120 I haven't seen a better quality unit. It came with a spare visor and couldn't resist the black one.

Helmet Front_2507.jpg Helmet Open_2509.jpg Helmet Side_2510.jpg Hemet Back_2508.jpg

Guess which team I support??

GoaCBR

CBR650F
Feb 1, 2016
Candolim Goa
For the UK - riding the K13S I use a Schubert C3 Pro. This is an excellent helmet (if it fits) and very low levels of noise which is normally a problem with the flip up lids. I went with the Red highlights to match the red bike. Again I find that the flip up helps getting it on and off, particularly if like me you wear glasses. It also stops the claustrophobic feeling of a full lid.

C3 Front.jpg C3 Open.jpg C3 Side.jpg

Top Bottom