• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Gear What helmet(s) do you wear?

Omen

CBR650R
Feb 13, 2022
Riding Since
Hi
No mine hasn't the lights apparently cos its the race rep and it keeps the weight down ,
Personally I love this helmet I have four helmets and this is the quietest out off them all

Karbyn_Blak

CBR650F ABS
Apr 6, 2022
Canberra, Australia
Riding Since
I bit the bullet :happy::happy: figured with free returns and money back guarantee, I'm safe!
My current helmet doesn't have a PinLock compatible visor, so that in itself was worth the purchase!

Shark Skwal 2.2.jpg

Omen

CBR650R
Feb 13, 2022
Riding Since
Yes great visor
It's recessed so fits perfectly,
I have the dark smoke and iridium red visor with dark smoke anti fog insert,
Only time I lift my visor is to put helmet on or off
Again good choice

oni

CB650R ABS
Aug 23, 2021
Italia
I'm not in mood to share this until now, but shit happens, so here it is what happened two monts ago

casco.jpg

This is the result of a front collision of my face on the cabin of a very small truck (Piaggio Porter) that cut my way as if i didn't exist, I've had no time for braking, a simply hit with the front fork and my body attached to the bar at circa 50 km/h

Sadly i can assure that the shoei NXR did the job i paid for, fortunately I haven't reported major damage to my person, no break bones, only a big muscle contracture at the back (hope i translated the right medical terms 😅)

And yes, the bike is not to trash away, it's waiting for new components and fully refound by insurance, next helmet NXR 2 i think, i like the scanner graphics

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I'm not in mood to share this until now, but shit happens, so here it is what happened two monts ago

View attachment 12439

This is the result of a front collision of my face on the cabin of a very small truck (Piaggio Porter) that cut my way as if i didn't exist, I've had no time for braking, a simply hit with the front fork and my body attached to the bar at circa 50 km/h

Sadly i can assure that the shoei NXR did the job i paid for, fortunately I haven't reported major damage to my person, no break bones, only a big muscle contracture at the back (hope i translated the right medical terms 😅)

And yes, the bike is not to trash away, it's waiting for new components and fully refound by insurance, next helmet NXR 2 i think, i like the scanner graphics
Glad you are ok!!!

Karbyn_Blak

CBR650F ABS
Apr 6, 2022
Canberra, Australia
Riding Since
Yes great visor
It's recessed so fits perfectly,
I have the dark smoke and iridium red visor with dark smoke anti fog insert,
Only time I lift my visor is to put helmet on or off
Again good choice
I tried out the Shark helmet for the first time this morning. I noticed a fair amount more wind noise through the visor. Is this normal? I did take the visor off to fit the PinLock, but putting it back on was really simple. It's almost like the visor doesn't seal properly?

Omen

CBR650R
Feb 13, 2022
Riding Since
I tried out the Shark helmet for the first time this morning. I noticed a fair amount more wind noise through the visor. Is this normal? I did take the visor off to fit the PinLock, but putting it back on was really simple. It's almost like the visor doesn't seal properly?
Hi
I'd say not normal mine seals fine
Maybe take visor of and re fit

Bill_650R

CB650R ABS
Oct 25, 2021
Riding Since
I recently decided to bit the bullet and go for the top spec Arai, since they fit my head shape and I really prefer their approach on “safety vs features”.

So RX-7V EVO IoM TT 2022, next to the 2-year old Renegade-V which now belongs to the Mrs. The difference between the two is quite significant

A66A6ABD-7180-49F0-87E0-A0090D3F2C60.jpeg

Top Bottom