• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's What did you do with your 650 today?

Cbat

CBR650F ABS
May 13, 2018
That makes way more sense than all the guys who have told me to remove them because the feelers are limiting my lean angles. And when looking at the bent one and the resulting scrapes along on my lower fairing, I just don't buy into the idea that removing them provides any meaningful gain. I think Honda made them just long enough to do their job and didn't leave any significant extra lean angle on the table with their design, which is what I was trying to show in the pics.
Damn! What kind of angle to scrap like that? What you need is a 2nd bike. I hear tracking is an expensive 'hobby' (jealous here).

Dankotaru

CBR650R ABS
Jul 5, 2019
7000' ASL, USA
Damn! What kind of angle to scrap like that? What you need is a 2nd bike. I hear tracking is an expensive 'hobby' (jealous here).

Not as much angle as you might think. Unfortunately, I don't have any good pics of me really leaning on the right side, but in this pic you can see that with only about 45 degrees of lean the part of the lower fairing that I've scraped is only just off the ground (circled):

Right Side Lean.jpg

So I'd guess there's only about 5 degrees or so more to go before it's dragging. I know race replicas like the R6 and 600RR have got more clearance than that.

Nah, track days are only $100 with our local association, so it's cheap! OK, leather rentals and trailer rental add some cost on top of that, but it's really not that expensive to do track days. And the learning experience and fun is worth way more than the cost. Even if I had a dedicated track bike, I'd still want to track my 650R occasionally because there's a real bonding experience that comes from flogging your daily around the track, whether that's a car or a bike.

Cbat

CBR650F ABS
May 13, 2018
Yeah, when I mean expensive, the 'maintenance' far out costs track entrance. Had a bud that used to track his 1098 (daily rider). Not cheap to replace skins.

shark650

CB650R ABS
Apr 10, 2021
Lisbon
install cordona quickshift and waiting for the arrow exhaust :finger:

Attachments

• ADB94D2F-54CC-451D-8027-04B16D9B6E57.jpeg
    ADB94D2F-54CC-451D-8027-04B16D9B6E57.jpeg
    723.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

victorkkq

CBR650F
Oct 30, 2018
Not as much angle as you might think. Unfortunately, I don't have any good pics of me really leaning on the right side, but in this pic you can see that with only about 45 degrees of lean the part of the lower fairing that I've scraped is only just off the ground (circled):

So I'd guess there's only about 5 degrees or so more to go before it's dragging. I know race replicas like the R6 and 600RR have got more clearance than that.

Nah, track days are only $100 with our local association, so it's cheap! OK, leather rentals and trailer rental add some cost on top of that, but it's really not that expensive to do track days. And the learning experience and fun is worth way more than the cost. Even if I had a dedicated track bike, I'd still want to track my 650R occasionally because there's a real bonding experience that comes from flogging your daily around the track, whether that's a car or a bike.

Hi what tyre pressure you are running? Could it be too low?
Just to share my thoughts, once I sat on my friend's CBR650R, I felt the stock front is a bit too soft for my track day preference.. :)

Dankotaru

CBR650R ABS
Jul 5, 2019
7000' ASL, USA
Hi what tyre pressure you are running? Could it be too low?
Just to share my thoughts, once I sat on my friend's CBR650R, I felt the stock front is a bit too soft for my track day preference.. :)
I run them slightly higher than Bridgestone's recommended track day pressures for their RS10 tire, and have been pleased with 31 front and 29 rear. Wear has been very even with no tears at these pressures, and consistent performance through the entire session.

Top Bottom