• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's What did you do with your 650 today?

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
Removed some warning stickers today. Used a heat gun but still some adhesive on the bike. Guess I'll have to wipe it with some wd40 or something the wash it right away. Unless you have a better idea?
Isopropyl alcohol works well

GTSnoRacer

CB650F ABS
Feb 20, 2021
Riding Since
Isopropyl alcohol works well
I'll have to try that, can't find my wd40 (and I think wd40's worse for the paint?)

Got it off, rubbing alcohol and then used some vegetable shortening because why not. Why do they use the most stubborn stickers.

Last edited:

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
Got a K&N air filter today and just installed. Honda should've had one more screw at the top middle portion of the air filter. It's secure but I wouldn't say full secured and sealed.

Found a few dead bugs catching free rides in the airbox.

Will get insurance on the bike and ready to ride!

Looking at the PCV for this summer but local dyno shop recommended Woolich. Anyone have any experience with this system? Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20210312_132801875.jpg
    IMG_20210312_132801875.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210312_132509953.jpg
    IMG_20210312_132509953.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210312_132520809.jpg
    IMG_20210312_132520809.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20

GTSnoRacer

CB650F ABS
Feb 20, 2021
Riding Since
Got a K&N air filter today and just installed. Honda should've had one more screw at the top middle portion of the air filter. It's secure but I wouldn't say full secured and sealed.

Found a few dead bugs catching free rides in the airbox.

Will get insurance on the bike and ready to ride!

Looking at the PCV for this summer but local dyno shop recommended Woolich. Anyone have any experience with this system? Thoughts?
K&N is the red one? Looks smaller in the picture

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
K&N is the red one? Looks smaller in the picture
Yeah the red one. But I just uninstalled it.

Brammers pointed out the k&n filter wasn't sprayed properly from the factory.

Also noticed there's a bunch of mesh wire excess protruding around the seal. Lame. Usually their quality is too notch.

GTSnoRacer

CB650F ABS
Feb 20, 2021
Riding Since
Yeah the red one. But I just uninstalled it.

Brammers pointed out the k&n filter wasn't sprayed properly from the factory.

Also noticed there's a bunch of mesh wire excess protruding around the seal. Lame. Usually their quality is too notch.
Those dicks

PAPERINIK58666

CBR650R ABS
Feb 22, 2021
Riding Since
Hi, I believe that Amazon products for motorcycles are the same as Aliexpress ... always made in China but well made. I purchased in the order: 1 radiator cover, 1 stand extension plate, 1 dashboard cover, and 2 tire valve caps, all for a total cost of about 50.00 euros, while with Amazon I would have spent over 110 euros for the same items ...! Obviously the material arrives first with Amazon, but also Aliexpress has reduced the times, ergo ... hello guys.

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
Yesterday was a nice warm day and had a chance to bring both of my bikes out, rode for 3 hours.
I have a friend (rider) from Italy working around Nashville and we went out.
He was really itching to try my CB, he loved it from top to bottom, left to right.
He obviously complained about vibrations, which now are way better after a few things done to smooth them out.
Half way through the ride we swapped bikes and he said that he could sleep on the Tracer bc how upright and comfortable is 😅, he loved the engine though.

A06FB68B-86B7-4D70-9CB1-3A771EEA96FB.jpeg

PAPERINIK58666

CBR650R ABS
Feb 22, 2021
Riding Since
Yesterday was a nice warm day and had a chance to bring both of my bikes out, rode for 3 hours.
I have a friend (rider) from Italy working around Nashville and we went out.
He was really itching to try my CB, he loved it from top to bottom, left to right.
He obviously complained about vibrations, which now are way better after a few things done to smooth them out.
Half way through the ride we swapped bikes and he said that he could sleep on the Tracer bc how upright and comfortable is 😅, he loved the engine though.

View attachment 9893
I had the first series Tracer, comfortable yes, but too "ballerina" with the wind and the bumpy road! Great death but I prefer the 4-cylinder Honda, a siren !!!
P.s. what have you done to reduce vibrations to your Honda?

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
I had the first series Tracer, comfortable yes, but too "ballerina" with the wind and the bumpy road! Great death but I prefer the 4-cylinder Honda, a siren !!!
P.s. what have you done to reduce vibrations to your Honda?
Yeah the first Gen Yamaha (FZ/FJ09), suspensions and shock wise were way too soft
Don’t get me wrong, I love both engines, the Honda steals my heart ever time I rev the engine up to 10k rpm (especially after installing the SC Project)
got the Tracer for touring and it gets the job done very well, at the same time maintaining the sport dna if I want to have some fun.
As for the vibrations (they’re still there, it only got better), I filled up the handlebar with sand, Puig foot pegs with rubber inserts
the most difference made it the Gas/Fuel, instead of using regular with ethanol (here in the US there is up to 10%) I’m using conventional Gas (ethanol free)
Just by changing the Fuel it got better
another thing that helped a bit (since I have a power commander 5) making a richer fuel ratio, now this might just be me, but I felt a noticeable difference.

GTSnoRacer

CB650F ABS
Feb 20, 2021
Riding Since
Over the last couple days I installed a cheap radiator guard from Amazon.ca, it seems decent but the mounts are either bent or it's crooked because it isn't quite square over the rad. Might uninstall it if I norice it vibrated or rubbing the paint. Also the Amazon gear indicator, had to program it on a quiet road. Also got a Snapjack, silly me tried using that to setup the gear indicator but kickstand down, in gear and clutch out doesn't work like that (probably for the best because the snapjack barely lifts the bike but enough to clean/lube chain). Almost due for the 1000km service.

Goblin

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2019
I bought the radiator guard from Evotech Performance and in installed when the bike was still brand new. Perfect quality and looks great

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
Over the last couple days I installed a cheap radiator guard from Amazon.ca, it seems decent but the mounts are either bent or it's crooked because it isn't quite square over the rad. Might uninstall it if I norice it vibrated or rubbing the paint. Also the Amazon gear indicator, had to program it on a quiet road. Also got a Snapjack, silly me tried using that to setup the gear indicator but kickstand down, in gear and clutch out doesn't work like that (probably for the best because the snapjack barely lifts the bike but enough to clean/lube chain). Almost due for the 1000km service.
Should return the Amazon rad guard and order from AliExpress. Probably find the same one or nicer looking one for 1/4 or 1/2 the price you paid for your Amazon one. It'll just take a while to arrive (up to a month).

PAPERINIK58666

CBR650R ABS
Feb 22, 2021
Riding Since
I am also waiting for it from Aliexpress ... it is identical to that of Amazon but it costs much less.

Top Bottom