• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Max speed?

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand
They say speed kills but how about slow and stupid?

Have to quote Einstein here: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Every country has their share of nut-cases. In Thailand it seems the density is a little higher.

jitaylor

CBR650F ABS
Apr 25, 2018
I routinely go at 177 kph and change on trips and on my commute. The fastest I have gotten to was 201 kph, but backed down worried about getting a ticket. On you tube I have seen them at 235 kph. Supposedly the U.S. models have are limited to 135 mph or 217 kph. I will say that at 180, the bike is not breathing hard at all.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Jitaylor,I don't think there is any restrictions on the bikes that are sent to the usa. I have done 232kmh on a
shity road but straight.Sometimes all i can do is 170kmh on this road because of the cross winds.Your not going to brake
any land speed record on cbr650f,so just enjoy your bike and save some money on not getting tickets.It's a great bike
if you want to go faster catch a plane.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
Jitaylor,I don't think there is any restrictions on the bikes that are sent to the usa. I have done 232kmh on a
shity road but straight.Sometimes all i can do is 170kmh on this road because of the cross winds.Your not going to brake
any land speed record on cbr650f,so just enjoy your bike and save some money on not getting tickets.It's a great bike
Anyway Road Hog just for you my sprocket is on its way and it will be fitted next week hopefully I will get a ride on it for you. I was going to fit a fc module first but the bike is running superb so that can wait.

jitaylor

CBR650F ABS
Apr 25, 2018

Ok I will. It is plenty fast for me. Makes me wonder what folks do with a YZF-R1M or similar riding on public roads. When I was a kid and rode British bikes, 80 bhp was considered monstrous. I certainly have no need to go faster, unless I am at the track. And I don't ride the CBR650f on the track, although, I am sure it is plenty capable if readied for the track. I use it very nearly daily, except when the monsoons of Central Florida start. I always carry full rain gear then, and do occasionally have to take the soak as it is the available transportation. Interesting to learn it is not limited, not that I will every experiment with that.

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand
Makes me wonder what folks do with a YZF-R1M or similar riding on public roads.

Some folks like to do "smack downs" on public roads. They buy the fastest bikes money can buy and then mod them for even more performance.
Check out the "650ib" channel on youtube.

Last edited:

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Jitaylor, For years i wanted to get a cbr1000rr but they all have been restricted to 123hp here in thailand .After finding
out that they are japan's surplus it kind of piss me off that honda was importing surplus restricted bikes and selling them at
full price here.The unrestricted bike has about 175hp,what a big difference.It's not worth the money for a highly restricted bike.
The cbr650f does make me happy and the roads are shity over here so that kind of equals things out.

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand
Jitaylor, For years i wanted to get a cbr1000rr but they all have been restricted to 123hp here in thailand .After finding
out that they are japan's surplus it kind of piss me off that honda was importing surplus restricted bikes and selling them at
full price here.The unrestricted bike has about 175hp,what a big difference.It's not worth the money for a highly restricted bike.
The cbr650f does make me happy and the roads are shity over here so that kind of equals things out.

There are places in Bangkok to have them de-restricted at reasonable cost.
I did a test-ride on one and they are nowhere near as comfortable as a CBR650F.
Also they have more heat emission and like you said Thailand's traffic and road conditions are not ideal for that kind of power.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Somchai, Motorcycles are like woman some are built for speed and some for comfort. We have the comfort
one. And yes there are places in bangkok you can derestrict your bike but it is at a high cost,and why should
we have to do it in the first place?Many bikes that come into thailand that are not restricted only some of the racing bikes.
Even the vfr 1200 has no restrictions. I am sure this is a honda thing and not a government restriction.

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand
Yes, It's a Honda thing and only for the CBR1000RR.
I went to the opening of a new dealership building here in Hua Hin and they had the RC213v and CBR1000RR-SP on display.
Couldn't help drooling over them.:D

Last edited:

DRyker

Amateur
Jun 17, 2017
Arkansas
I routinely go at 177 kph and change on trips and on my commute. The fastest I have gotten to was 201 kph, but backed down worried about getting a ticket. On you tube I have seen them at 235 kph. Supposedly the U.S. models have are limited to 135 mph or 217 kph. I will say that at 180, the bike is not breathing hard at all.

I can state for sure that the bikes are not limited to 135.

jitaylor

CBR650F ABS
Apr 25, 2018
Some folks like to do "smack downs" on public roads. They buy the fastest bikes money can buy and then mod them for even more performance.
Ok I will check that channel. Thanks.

jitaylor

CBR650F ABS
Apr 25, 2018

Oh man those guys are nuts! Amazing they have not been arrested.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Jitaylor, 232 kmh is the fasts i have been, as i said before the cops over here ride a cbr300r so they will not
chase anyone doing more than 130kmh. I have not even tested my bike for top speed in a while 232kmh was
with stock exhaust.I feel i could go much faster with my Termignoni exhaust on.

Top Bottom