• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R Got the Quick shifter installed

Goblin

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2019
My shifter finally arrived yesterday here in Finland.

Installed it by myself and now I'm going to install heated grips aswell so can't go ride just yet.

Send us some pics if you’re done with the heated grips?

Jun 28, 2020
Riding Since
Click on the red link in my .sig, then select the 'Shifting ContRoll' tab near the top of the page; that'll take you to the QS page. The clicky to order a Honda QS kit is allll the way down at the bottom. This will take you to a PayPal checkout page, which will happily take your money.

The QS kits are made by Shifting ContRoll, a company in the Czech Republic. Installation is fundamentally identical to the OEM kit.

For whatever reason, I'm not getting notifications on this thread; please be patient if it takes me a day or so to answer.

Honda_Fan

CB650R ABS
Jun 27, 2021
Riding Since
I ended up ordering Honda quick shifter from Amazon Japan at the same price. Thank you anyway.

iStill

CB650R ABS
Feb 17, 2022
Riding Since
Sorry for being digging this post! But would you prefer Contiroll over OEM? Because I have OEM but the shifter feels a little harsh. (I've set it at 279mm instead of 269mm) because I dont like the shift pedal so high..

Thank you

MotoDonner

CB650R ABS
Feb 10, 2021
Riding Since
Sorry for being digging this post! But would you prefer Contiroll over OEM? Because I have OEM but the shifter feels a little harsh. (I've set it at 279mm instead of 269mm) because I dont like the shift pedal so high..

Thank you
Both are simple switches, they don't do anything themself, they just tell the ecu the shifter got triggered and the ecu does the actual cutting fuel/spark or whatever

Goblin

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2019

Thank you
If you want something more advanced you can look for a Healtech QS. You can adjust the shift pressure feel and program the actual cutting time for different rpm’s with Bluetooth on your phone

iStill

CB650R ABS
Feb 17, 2022
Riding Since
If you want something more advanced you can look for a Healtech QS. You can adjust the shift pressure feel and program the actual cutting time for different rpm’s with Bluetooth on your phone
I’ve bought a Shifting controll for testing, if it feels harsh too I’ll try something strain gauge to see if it is better. These Healtech can fit in the stock connection?

Cláudio Nogueira

CB650R ABS
Jan 26, 2022
Portugal
Riding Since
Dear god! That is moto GP level. I'm scared, I just want to ride my bike ;-) LOL

Goblin

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2019
I’ve bought a Shifting controll for testing, if it feels harsh too I’ll try something strain gauge to see if it is better. These Healtech can fit in the stock connection?
Yeah they come with a adapter loom for the bike of choice

MotoDonner

CB650R ABS
Feb 10, 2021
Riding Since
anyone know if the ecu does something special with the trigger signal? Like processing it to shorten/extend cutoff time depending on gear, rpm, load, ....
or re-enabling the cylinders one after the other like the Tellert quickshifter does?

Considering it goes directly into the ECU surely it could do stuff like that right?

Motojack

CBR650R
May 26, 2019
Im considering getting the QS and installing myself.

2 questions.

1. If I flash the ECU at a later date will this ruin the QS operation?
2. What hapens if the QS sensor fails on the unit and you go to upshift? do they fail often?

iStill

CB650R ABS
Feb 17, 2022
Riding Since
After some testing between OEM and Shifting Controll here it is my opinion.

Honda OEM:
Better build quality
Internal switch only activates in the end of travel
Internal spring to hard for my liking.

Shifting Controll:
Feels more Chinese made.
Internal switch activate at 50% of the travel
Internal spring perfect tension.

On daily use I was afraid of using Honda oem shifter, because the gear lever felt harsh on slow speed shifting and I always think that it would damage the gearbox on the long-term.
With the Shifting Controll, I’m always using quickshift at various rpm and always seems like butter smooth. Almost as good as using clutch because the internal spring is softer and the switch is more sensitive.
On the other hand, the shifting Controll seems more cheap made, so it should not last as long as the Honda OEM one. (Hope I’m wrong about it’s durability)

MotoDonner

CB650R ABS
Feb 10, 2021
Riding Since
I would expect a switch that triggers earlier to be worst

If the switch triggers later you have build up more pressure on the shifter so once it triggers it is more likely to go fully into the next gear.

While if the switch triggers earlier I could imagine it cutting power but you won't go into the next gear because you might have stopped pressing already or the pressure is not enough and you end up in the ugly "in between gears"

iStill

CB650R ABS
Feb 17, 2022
Riding Since
I would expect a switch that triggers earlier to be worst

If the switch triggers later you have build up more pressure on the shifter so once it triggers it is more likely to go fully into the next gear.

While if the switch triggers earlier I could imagine it cutting power but you won't go into the next gear because you might have stopped pressing already or the pressure is not enough and you end up in the ugly "in between gears"
The trigger needs 160NM of pressure to activate, so it is already a good pressure to make the gear engage fully.
The Honda is heavier and for me it seemed harsher to the gear cogs.
Atleast for me it’s 10-0 for controll shifter

Ian Warren

CBR650R ABS
Mar 12, 2022
United Kingdom
Riding Since
What a blast!!!
Do not hesitate it's a must
Was the first change I did when I bought mine! OEM kit bought quite a bit cheaper on EBay off a guy who bought the wrong one for his older 650 by mistake.
It is a blast and I wouldn’t be without it now!
Should be very useful on a track day planned end of summer too!

Have also added the tail tidy (J-Tech) very good and the OEM high tinted screen!
Both of which I like and recommend too!

Top Bottom