• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Gear Indicator

h0ck3y

CBR650F ABS
Feb 6, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Velcro fairings? Are they the black ones in between the fuel tank and the outer grey fairings? My apologies -- clearly I'm still getting familiar with this bike.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
When i first got my bike it would have been nice to have one.Now i just listen to
the engine and i know what gear i am in 99% of the time.I would really like a oil gauge,it
is such a pain in the ass to check for low oil.

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
When i first got my bike it would have been nice to have one.Now i just listen to
the engine and i know what gear i am in 99% of the time.I would really like a oil gauge,it
is such a pain in the ass to check for low oil.
Yep, as stated in the thread, definitely not a must have. Just a nice to have.

Many of us have ridden many years & bikes without an indicator.

The oil light on the cluster doesn't work for you? Prefer more info I suppose?

Last edited:

nitromoz

CB650F ABS
Jul 6, 2018
1/10
Waterproof Plug and play 1-6 Level Red LED Motorcycle Gear Indicator For Honda
EFI Models
looking to get one but says only for 04-16 on ebay anyone fitted to 17-18 and are they plug and play

Avoki

CB650F ABS
Feb 13, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Riding Since
1/10
Waterproof Plug and play 1-6 Level Red LED Motorcycle Gear Indicator For Honda
EFI Models
looking to get one but says only for 04-16 on ebay anyone fitted to 17-18 and are they plug and play
I put this one in under 5 minutes. longest part was to route the cable. Just connect it to the diagnostic plug and program it. For programming you either need a rear stand to do it on the spot or ~1/4 mile stretch with no stops to do it while riding each gear on the minimum rpm. I programmed mine inside my neighborhood, did not have my rear stand yet when installed.

Amazon product

You might find it in the UK amazon site or ebay.

Gabescbr650f

CBR650F
Jul 9, 2018
View attachment 141 Scored this on Amazon. Plug and play in the data link conector; just required calibration on the bike stand. Crazy that any motorcycle with an ECM would not include that data in the cluster. Three things in my book that should be standard are (1) adjustable levers. (2) ABS (3) gear indicator. They are just being cheap.
Whats the difference between that one and Healtech Gi-Pro DS (GPDS-H01-WH)?

650ox

CBR650F ABS
Feb 10, 2018
Hello everyone, thanks for putting this thread together, it's been really informative. I've just bought a GPDS-H01 for my 2017 CBR650F. I'd be really grateful if someone could explain which side panel they're referring to when talking about routing the cable, and how to remove it please? Thanks!

Top Bottom