• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Derestricting LAMS version ECU (Australia)

Should their be an OEM derestricting option available?

• Total voters

Splint

CBR650F ABS
Jul 21, 2018
u can only buy the restricted funnels from honda in austr i was told. about $30 ea u need 2.but no problem to cut the guts out of u'r own anyway.
Mate... Dyno bike.. Get onto them. Or if you want to spend a fortune get em out of the States.

User6

CBR650F ABS
Feb 4, 2018
Got quoted $950 which includes removal and installation of the ECU and a custom tune at Dynobike in Melbourne.

Last edited:

User6

CBR650F ABS
Feb 4, 2018
I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Is that including removal and installation of the ECU or do you have to do it yourself?
I must say their Google reviews are a lot better and I do want a clean job.
Is anyone concerned about their insurance or no fucks given?

Last edited:

User6

CBR650F ABS
Feb 4, 2018
So guys, little annoyed that he was out of stock of the snorkels and drilled the restrictions out instead.

Is there anyone downside to this or should I order some from the states?

Smarc

CB650R ABS
May 31, 2019
Hey guys,

First time on this forum so be patient, I have just bought my first bike and in the near future I'd love to disable the restrictions on the bike.

I purchased a; 2019 CB650R Cafe Neo Sport.

I am learning a lot so any time you take out to share some wisdom is greatly appreciated. I'm currently living in QLD and I have absolutely no idea where to start. I wouldn't mind doing it myself if possible but will seek professional guidance if need be.

TIA,

SM

Manny

Amateur
May 11, 2016
Sydney
Hey guys,

First time on this forum so be patient, I have just bought my first bike and in the near future I'd love to disable the restrictions on the bike.

I purchased a; 2019 CB650R Cafe Neo Sport.

I am learning a lot so any time you take out to share some wisdom is greatly appreciated. I'm currently living in QLD and I have absolutely no idea where to start. I wouldn't mind doing it myself if possible but will seek professional guidance if need be.

TIA,

SM

oofftt, good luck! The 650R doesn't even have a derestricted version from honda, plus it's got different engine parts (things like the intake). It could be done, but not having an identical full power version will make it a harder DIY job.

Cbr650R_Beau

CBR650R ABS
May 18, 2019
850$ at platinum motorcycles mate, could have saved 100$
I have the new 2019 cbr650r i have a restricted version an want to have the full power, i thought about going to platinum motorcycles to get it done,
is it just an remapping of the ecu with the 2019cbr650r model or is it intake thing aswell?

Geoff

CBR650F ABS
May 19, 2019
Toowoomba Australia
For anybody in South east Queensland, Yuri in Toowoomba are doing the cbr650f now. Full de-restrict including funnels, O2 sensor delete and custom dyno tune. They will also do a mail in tune (slightly safer tune to be sure to cater for production spread) as well.
Damian tells me he has a 2019 unrestricted cbr650r bin file also, as soon as he gets the rest of it figured out he will be able to tune those also.

Ionutzu33

CBR650F ABS
Aug 29, 2018
There's a kit on ebay to program other keys onto the ECU. If it's still of interest i can look it up and find it again. It wasn't very pricy, up to 50€

User6

CBR650F ABS
Feb 4, 2018
I don’t understand how everyone’s getting different results?
90hp is insanity! I’m getting close to 80hp and want to know if a PCV will get me more gains?

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I don’t understand how everyone’s getting different results?
90hp is insanity! I’m getting close to 80hp and want to know if a PCV will get me more gains?
No one had posted a dyno graph, they area just saying they hit 90hp so take what is being said with a grain of salt. You can make any dyno say any number you want it to as well.

Around 80hp rear wheel is what you’d expect to see on these bikes on a true and accurate dyno. So if you are around that area, it’s normal, despite what others are saying.

The PCV will get you a smoother throttle transition and better fueling, but you’ll see 1-2 hp max with a custome dyno tune. They are just not magic hp unleashers.

I hate being the downer guy here but I’m telling you reality. There are not super horsepower gains to be had with this or any modern bike nowadays, manufacturers just can’t leave any stone unturned or anything stuck in an overly restrictive intake or air filter any more, it’s just too important to have every bit of power available.

When you guys are looking for 10 or 15hp over stock, sit and think in relation to what the bike puts out how much that is an increase: 20% additional. 20%!!! Tuners port and flow heads and install high compression pistons for 5%. So you’re up against two things:

1. Not going to get that much increase from a pipe, air filter and an FI tuner.

2. Not going to have that much headroom available in a motor.

It’s the truth, accept if you want a 100hp 600cc bike you need to move to an RR style motor.

Drewster123

CBR650F ABS
Feb 16, 2018
No one had posted a dyno graph, they area just saying they hit 90hp so take what is being said with a grain of salt. You can make any dyno say any number you want it to as well.

Around 80hp rear wheel is what you’d expect to see on these bikes on a true and accurate dyno. So if you are around that area, it’s normal, despite what others are saying.

The PCV will get you a smoother throttle transition and better fueling, but you’ll see 1-2 hp max with a custome dyno tune. They are just not magic hp unleashers.

I hate being the downer guy here but I’m telling you reality. There are not super horsepower gains to be had with this or any modern bike nowadays, manufacturers just can’t leave any stone unturned or anything stuck in an overly restrictive intake or air filter any more, it’s just too important to have every bit of power available.

When you guys are looking for 10 or 15hp over stock, sit and think in relation to what the bike puts out how much that is an increase: 20% additional. 20%!!! Tuners port and flow heads and install high compression pistons for 5%. So you’re up against two things:

1. Not going to get that much increase from a pipe, air filter and an FI tuner.

2. Not going to have that much headroom available in a motor.

It’s the truth, accept if you want a 100hp 600cc bike you need to move to an RR style motor.
Wise words this is exactly why I don't want do it ile be disappointed

Top Bottom