• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Derestricting LAMS version ECU (Australia)

Should their be an OEM derestricting option available?

• Total voters

Hemi001

CB650F ABS
Apr 23, 2018
My results were not as jerriri results despite having the same exhaust but i dont have power commander but still a very good result for me totally happy with it

Hemi001

CB650F ABS
Apr 23, 2018
As far as i could tell the revs were still the same cruising at 100 in 6th just had more power when i rolled on throttle changing sprocket and chain will change ratios like you say but im happy with the ratio just wanted more power to come out of corners and so on....and 0-100 obviously alot quicker to

Dradyz

CBR650F ABS
May 13, 2018
I've had my cbr650 2017 model derestricted and tuned. ECU needs to be unlocked, get a powercommander, engine mapping need to be changed. Need a full exhaust system to get the most power out of it and also need a new air filter. Im running two brothers full system, a BMC air filter and dynojet quickshifter. Attached before and after tune dyno graphs to give you guys an idea. Ive since had it fine tuned and its making 90hp. Total cost for me was $1500 for the ECU unlock, tune, powercommander and air filter. Exhaust was 1.5k. So all up $3k to get to 90hp.

Hi
Sorry maybe I missed something but who unlocks the ecu?

Dradyz

CBR650F ABS
May 13, 2018
  1. Thanks for the info.
yep, went and checked the inlet and found the restriction in the plastic trumpets too.
so an ecu, trumpets, and ignition setup of older models should do the trick. Woohoo can't wait :)

Just need a model number of the 2015 ecu and all will be right with the world

Any pics of the of the restriction?

Dradyz

CBR650F ABS
May 13, 2018
  1. Thanks for the info.
yep, went and checked the inlet and found the restriction in the plastic trumpets too.
so an ecu, trumpets, and ignition setup of older models should do the trick. Woohoo can't wait :)

Just need a model number of the 2015 ecu and all will be right with the world

Any pics of the of the restriction
Honda can program it. if you get the manual, you could do it.

you need a key programmed to the ECM and it's HISS key sensor. the 3 are all linked.
if you have those 3 things, you can then run the process to add more keys.
The trick is when your prime key needs to be in the sensor to get things going, and then the second key can be added. when the HISS and lock are together, the key mismatch with the lock may stuff up the process.

when you start the process, it wipes the ECM so the key that is in the HISS/lock instantly becomes the prime key. with no prime key the ECM will become a brick.

this is as I understand the process. it's all detailed in the workshop manual.

Can you link me to the correct workshop manual? Pretty please....

gjk

CBR650F ABS
Oct 14, 2017
Australia
Just had my 2017 cbr650 derestricted using
pcv
Akra exhaust
K&N filter

Results attached

Attachments

• 20180519_153948.jpg
    20180519_153948.jpg
    642.5 KB · Views: 154

gjk

CBR650F ABS
Oct 14, 2017
Australia
Dyno was 450 from memory,
I supplied the Power commander for them to fit, they supplied and fitted a filter, they also modified the stacks so there was a couple of hundred in Labour.
It was done at procycle dyno in slacks creek Qld, highly recommend...

TingTong

CBR650F ABS
Aug 31, 2018
Picking up a '17 CBR650 next week. Paying plenty of attention to how you all have done your mods. Am in Qld, and am looking around. Not urgently, but it's on the cards. Good to read all your stories guys. Cheers.

ducbock

CB650F ABS
Nov 28, 2018
Hi guys, I have a 2016 CB650F LAMS and I am in the process of removing the restrictions. I also work at a motorcycle store and the cheapest way to remove the restrictions is $500.00 + the new intakes and there is no need to get new keys hiss or anything like that. There is a place in Perth which will wipe and tune your ecu (ecuwest) and they will also reset it back to factory if you want to ever sell it as a LAMS bike. I haven't got around to doing it yet as I am waiting to get my akra pipe for it before I send the ecu away.
would u need new intakes ? I JUST removed the restrictions in my own funnels 1/2 hr.I'looking at a getting my ecu re -flashed couple of companies doing that to us specs i believe if u send u'r own up SO U DON'T have hiss issues.THY seem to want a lot for doing it !!!MY QUESTION IS is there a cheaper way ..

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
Well l personally stick by Platinum Motorcycles if your in the VIC state area. They de-restrict the LAMS bike fully with an ECU flash and will dyno run/tune it to your liking for 850 all up labour and parts prices. Which is good imo considering you get a lot for your money and they give you a little year warranty for engine and such if your bike preforms strange, stranger than the x3 power gain.

Top Bottom