• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R Bar end mirrors

mcphatty

CB650R
Jul 5, 2020
Great, thanks for the input guys! Now I just need to find a mirror that I like.. Rizoma makes some nice ones but I'm not sure I can stomach $200+ for a set of mirrors.

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
Thanks for the answers. I just received the frame sliders and are now looking into getting some bar end mirrors. Seems a bit difficult though because im not interested in removing the internal weight rod in the handlebar because of potential vibrations. So basically looking for a bar end mirror that grips around the bar end. I measured it at 31mm in diameter and the Rizoma mirrors looks like they only go up to 30mm...
If you get a clamp style to clamp over the Honda OEM bar ends you'd most likely still have that spinning issue at high speeds.

If you're wanting to clamp on the bar, you'll have to move the controls inwards meaning you'll need to re-drill guide holes and remove the guide tabs on the controls.

FYI the handlebars are 22mm (7/8")

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
Great, thanks for the input guys! Now I just need to find a mirror that I like.. Rizoma makes some nice ones but I'm not sure I can stomach $200+ for a set of mirrors.
Sad issue about the Rizoma one is that they are pretty proprietary, meaning they won't really work on the stock handlebar very nicely. Mainly people like to switch to a Rizoma drag bar or tapered bar and then install the bar end/mirror on that since it flows much nicer. But personally l think a better way to go about it if you aren't willing to switch entire handlebar setups is to just get something from CRG. They have an amazing selection and will perfectly fit with most of their universal kits. Jluu @Jluu probably has the nicest CB setup l've seen so he should know more about bar end mirror selections!

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
Sad issue about the Rizoma one is that they are pretty proprietary, meaning they won't really work on the stock handlebar very nicely. Mainly people like to switch to a Rizoma drag bar or tapered bar and then install the bar end/mirror on that since it flows much nicer. But personally l think a better way to go about it if you aren't willing to switch entire handlebar setups is to just get something from CRG. They have an amazing selection and will perfectly fit with most of their universal kits. Jluu @Jluu probably has the nicest CB setup l've seen so he should know more about bar end mirror selections!
I've gone through 5 sets of mirrors including OEs since I've picked up the bike. Settled on the Rizoma Dynamic mirrors since I got a bunch of Rizoma bits on the bike.

In my opinion...

1. If you want LOOKS, bar end mirrors make the bike look hot! But you can't see shit... This bike vibrates making it harder to use the mirrors at certain RPMs. Also you have to set them in a certain position as your arms can block the view and you have to move your head up and down and to the right/left a lot to see what's behind you. I've had cheap bar end mirrors and decent Barracuda Moto Sintesy mirrors which were homogelated/e-marked meaning certain size to be street legal. They worked but I didn't feel 100% confident and safe using them.

2. If you actually want to use the mirrors for LOOKING, any mirrors that mount to the original location work great given their viewing size. Less vibes going through to the mirrors. Good viewing angles. Don't have to move your head up and down as much, perhaps just slightly down. I feel much safer using these.

Even still after all this I still want to get the Motogadget M.view blade bar end mirrors but a pair with adapters after tax is like $550 CAD...

Remember to do your shoulder checks and not just rely on mirrors. Stay safe!

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
I would like to mount this mirrors with the Sato wieghts, do I need the convex piece or the naked weights are enought ?
You'll need the hardware from Sato bar ends with the Sato weight. Just don't use the mounting hardware from the new mirrors as per pic.

Attachments

• 1_f9a30194-6058-4e9d-bf42-3c7f97139b55_1000x~2.jpg
    1_f9a30194-6058-4e9d-bf42-3c7f97139b55_1000x~2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 26

volkein

CB650F ABS
Jan 28, 2020
I've got some news for thoses who seek the inner bar weigths and bar ends from Sato Racing. I've send them mails abouts the parts I needed and they've added thoses parts on their eBay store for international shippings, if something is not on the store you have to ask them the parts you want by email.
It seems they also have stocks on their web store but they only sell inside the US.

I'm waiting the Sato parts and the mirrors, can't wait !

Dontpush

CB650R ABS
Mar 8, 2020
Riding Since
+1 to the sato racing weights. Great product. They even work with other brand bar ends. (I'm using Rizoma Bar ends with the sato weights)

volkein

CB650F ABS
Jan 28, 2020
Well..., It's a fail. I can't even mount the mirrors without the Sato weights. It's always loose, even how hard I tightened it. I don't understand.

I've remounted the OEM mirrors and the Sato bar ends and weighs since I've broken the Honda small clips (what a PITA to remove).

I'm so disappointed 😠

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Well..., It's a fail. I can't even mount the mirrors without the Sato weights. It's always loose, even how hard I tightened it. I don't understand.

I've remounted the OEM mirrors and the Sato bar ends and weighs since I've broken the Honda small clips (what a PITA to remove).

I'm so disappointed 😠
When you say “always loose” do you mean they easily rotate while stationary or move while riding? The amount of leverage you’ll have on a friction fit with bar end mirrors is quite high so being able to move them a bit with some force does not surprise me. They should stay while riding, several on here have done it. The bar end OEM mirrors on my old Thruxton would easily move while stationary but in my experience stayed while riding, though I’d have to adjust them back every few weeks.

But if they move easily or while riding, I would be looking to be sure the weights you bought are the right size and have the proper tension when expanded before absolutely giving up.

I‘ve run the Sato weight mounts on several bikes for several things and they just don’t move once tightened in there. I’ve never had an issue is what I’m saying.

Galaican

CB650R
Jun 7, 2021
Riding Since
Hi, I would like to share my experience with bar end mirrors hopping that it can help to those as me hate the original mirrors. In my case I installed the optional bar end mirrors from Husqvarna Vitpilen 701 and after almost 2 years no annoying vibrations (or at least I don't feel it) and no spin (you must tight well the center bolt)
I include pictures of the mirrors installed in my bike.
Cheers

IMG_20210829_165847.jpg 20210328_111535.jpg

volkein

CB650F ABS
Jan 28, 2020
When you say “always loose” do you mean they easily rotate while stationary or move while riding? The amount of leverage you’ll have on a friction fit with bar end mirrors is quite high so being able to move them a bit with some force does not surprise me. They should stay while riding, several on here have done it. The bar end OEM mirrors on my old Thruxton would easily move while stationary but in my experience stayed while riding, though I’d have to adjust them back every few weeks.

But if they move easily or while riding, I would be looking to be sure the weights you bought are the right size and have the proper tension when expanded before absolutely giving up.

I‘ve run the Sato weight mounts on several bikes for several things and they just don’t move once tightened in there. I’ve never had an issue is what I’m saying.

I mean if I slighty push it it get loose and fall upside down (with or without the Sato weights). I can't use the Sato sleeves because there is teeths is the mirrors and the mirrors's sleeves. It came with a 8ø bolt witch is not compatible with the weights, and a 6ø bolt is not working either.

I have the Sato bar ends and weights mounted and they work just fine, there are steady and perfectly locked in the bars. I think the mirrors are not good, I'll read threads again and look for what brand people used.

Update : I think I can keep the mirrors and just change the bar ends for better ones. I have these in mind.

Update 2 : I finally installed mines and love it, the visibility is slightly thanks to the convex mirrors.

This is my setup :

- Sato Racing bar ends with weights
- Highsider Curve bar ends
- KEMiMOTO mirrors

Put the Sato weights and Sato's hardware, ditch the Kemimoto's hardware and bar ends to replace them by the highsider ones and voilà.

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_104256.jpg
    IMG_20210904_104256.jpg
    809.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20210904_104324.jpg
    IMG_20210904_104324.jpg
    863.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

volkein

CB650F ABS
Jan 28, 2020
Don't buy Kemimoto's mirrors, they are sh*t. They started to vibrate a lot and making huge noise. Support is non-existant, you have just two months of warranty.
I bought the Highsider Victory mirrors, I should have done it from the beginning.

Whe173

CB650R ABS
Jul 5, 2021
Riding Since
Hi everyone,

I know that bar end mirrors has been discussed a lot on here, but I find myself in a situation where I am wanting to add bar end mirrors and I am trying to find the best solution

I have ordered some HJR bar end mirrors and the manufacturer has been really good in replying to my emails. They claim we can just remove the oem weights and use their bar end and mirrors which should be fine in combating against vibration.

i am not certain that this will be correct, so following the advice on here, I have been hunting down for Sato Inner weights, but it’s impossible to get any here in the UK, so I was wondering if any one else has managed to find an alternative? I can’t believe that there is only one manufacturer out there who can provide these weights?

or do I just go for it with out the inner weights?
Cheers

Dontpush

CB650R ABS
Mar 8, 2020
Riding Since
Hi everyone,

I know that bar end mirrors has been discussed a lot on here, but I find myself in a situation where I am wanting to add bar end mirrors and I am trying to find the best solution

I have ordered some HJR bar end mirrors and the manufacturer has been really good in replying to my emails. They claim we can just remove the oem weights and use their bar end and mirrors which should be fine in combating against vibration.

i am not certain that this will be correct, so following the advice on here, I have been hunting down for Sato Inner weights, but it’s impossible to get any here in the UK, so I was wondering if any one else has managed to find an alternative? I can’t believe that there is only one manufacturer out there who can provide these weights?

or do I just go for it with out the inner weights?
Cheers
Have you tried to contact Sato and ask if they can do a special shipping order to you in the UK? I've tried that with other companies and they were willing to ship to me for an additional shipping cost.

GD650R

CB650R ABS
May 28, 2022
South West
Riding Since
I've gone through 5 sets of mirrors including OEs since I've picked up the bike. Settled on the Rizoma Dynamic mirrors since I got a bunch of Rizoma bits on the bike.

In my opinion...

1. If you want LOOKS, bar end mirrors make the bike look hot! But you can't see shit... This bike vibrates making it harder to use the mirrors at certain RPMs. Also you have to set them in a certain position as your arms can block the view and you have to move your head up and down and to the right/left a lot to see what's behind you. I've had cheap bar end mirrors and decent Barracuda Moto Sintesy mirrors which were homogelated/e-marked meaning certain size to be street legal. They worked but I didn't feel 100% confident and safe using them.

2. If you actually want to use the mirrors for LOOKING, any mirrors that mount to the original location work great given their viewing size. Less vibes going through to the mirrors. Good viewing angles. Don't have to move your head up and down as much, perhaps just slightly down. I feel much safer using these.

Even still after all this I still want to get the Motogadget M.view blade bar end mirrors but a pair with adapters after tax is like $550 CAD...

Remember to do your shoulder checks and not just rely on mirrors. Stay safe!
I’m looking into getting a pair of these mirrors (Rizoma Dynamic) - do you have a photograph of them fitted?

Also, which fitting kit did you go for, the BS713 (low) or BS787 (high)?

Thanks,

Greg.

Jluu

CB650R ABS
Jul 21, 2019
I’m looking into getting a pair of these mirrors (Rizoma Dynamic) - do you have a photograph of them fitted?

Also, which fitting kit did you go for, the BS713 (low) or BS787 (high)?

Thanks,

Greg.
I got the low fitting kit. Sorry don't have any clear pics but here it is in the garage. Sorry for the clutter it doesn't make it easy to appreciate the look of the mirrors.

Attachments

• IMG_20210505_150708046~2.jpg
    IMG_20210505_150708046~2.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 92

GD650R

CB650R ABS
May 28, 2022
South West
Riding Since
I got the low fitting kit. Sorry don't have any clear pics but here it is in the garage. Sorry for the clutter it doesn't make it easy to appreciate the look of the mirrors.
Thank you!

They look great, I think I’ll get myself a set. Love the rear seat cowl too, something else to add to the list… 🤣

Top Bottom