• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650Rs 2014-2023 CBR650R & CB650R Exhausts

mako

CB650R ABS
Dec 19, 2019
FL
Do you know what caused this? Hard to tell from the pic, but are you saying the sleeve was just too short?

Yes, exactly that. 4 sleeves in kit and all are 21mm. Stock neck is 31mm. No way these sleeves would ever reach the crush washer and seal.

Akro21mmsleeve2.jpgAkro21mmsleeve4.jpg Akro21mmsleeve5.jpg

Not sure what could have caused it as the box looked factory sealed and minty fresh. QC in Slovenia??

Rhazeil

CB650R
Aug 5, 2019
Canada
Is the “R” exhaust & “F” exhaust different?

Which brand are you referring to? The SC project exhaust's are different per model. One example would be the F uses the rear footpeg to mount the exhaust while the R does not resulting in a much cleaner look.

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
Right, good clarification, i was referring to to AKRA. the 14-18 and 19 units look different in the pictures on all the sites I looked at.

mako

CB650R ABS
Dec 19, 2019
FL
It's a good question that I can't answer completely. I know the part number S-H6R11-AFT was used on the 18 F model as that's how it was listed at Parts Unlimited for the longest time. I think it goes back to 14 and 15 's also as the Akro label on the box has S HO CBF650 14-15 MST

Anyone have their old pipes from those years? What did the sleeve on the neck measure?

For the life of me I can't figure how this came about other than it was packed wrong in Slovania. Oh, BTW, I have learned the hard way that there is no parts availability for Akro in NA. All comes from the factory and they keep nothing here in the states. They won't even open a box at a distributor to correct something like this.

(edit: There are some parts available stateside. Revizilla seemed to have a halfway decent selection.)

Last edited:

AlexS

CBR650R ABS
Apr 3, 2019
My experience was great! I currently do not have a tune for my bike so I cannot speak to the overall performance gain yet, but the bike is working perfectly. It may just be the placebo effect but the bike seems to react a bit sharper down in the lower revs. Before you could be a little lazy with the throttle control, but now the bike seems to read every input without delay. I definitely noticed a small performance increase in both the lower and mid-range but again, without a tune/dyno I can't be sure. The bike definitely rode differently stock and I will try to post updates once I get it on the dyno and get a tune done. With the exhaust, the bike feels and sounds a lot more aggressive. All in all would definitely recommend!
Thanks for the info? do you have a PC? Where are you planning to do the dyno? what province you are from?

Rhazeil

CB650R
Aug 5, 2019
Canada
Thanks for the info? do you have a PC? Where are you planning to do the dyno? what province you are from?

Hey I'm in Toronto. I have a few reputable shops near me that can do the Dyno but I am just waiting for someone to release a module for our bike. Rapid bike have one and Dynojet is looking to make a PV (not PC) for us. PC do not exist for our bike nor will they ever make one.

stevelululu

CB650R ABS
May 7, 2019
Toronto
It's a good question that I can't answer completely. I know the part number S-H6R11-AFT was used on the 18 F model as that's how it was listed at Parts Unlimited for the longest time. I think it goes back to 14 and 15 's also as the Akro label on the box has S HO CBF650 14-15 MST

Anyone have their old pipes from those years? What did the sleeve on the neck measure?

For the life of me I can't figure how this came about other than it was packed wrong in Slovania. Oh, BTW, I have learned the hard way that there is no parts availability for Akro in NA. All comes from the factory and they keep nothing here in the states. They won't even open a box at a distributor to correct something like this.
Hope you get all of this sorted out quickly. Can't imagine what it must feel like to buy a 1300 dollar product only to find it not fit.

There's been a couple lads on here that have the same pipe, maybe you can consolidate with them as to the exact part numbers that arrived in box. I know for a fact that Akra supplies an exploded isometric assembly drawing of the entire exhaust sytem with part numbers, that could help you out.

Keep me updated, I was going to order the same system but will probably hold off for now after seeing your issues. Best of luck!

darby_07

CB650R ABS
Jun 12, 2019
Yes, exactly that. 4 sleeves in kit and all are 21mm. Stock neck is 31mm. No way these sleeves would ever reach the crush washer and seal.

View attachment 5896View attachment 5897 View attachment 5899

Not sure what could have caused it as the box looked factory sealed and minty fresh. QC in Slovenia??

The Akra sleeves definitely look too short even with them in your hand. Mine fit snug exactly how they should have and frankly I did not think twice about it during install. Sorry to hear this, I would be beyond frustrated had this happened to me. Any word on how they will fix it?

I ditched the box after install, but my instructions packet lists the below:

HO CB650F OPEN 14 AFT
P-MF423

I ordered from RevZilla and purchased the below:
1585316585515.png

Last edited:

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
The Akra sleeves definitely look too short even with them in your hand. Mine fit snug exactly how they should have and frankly I did not think twice about it during install.

Same for me. I didn’t have any issues with mine so that’s definitely a QC issue.

Here’s a snapshot from EnglishBikerDan @EnglishBikerDan video of the unboxing. You can clearly see the difference in length in comparison to what you were sent mako @mako. I installed the same exhaust and had no issues.

DB07A6C6-F348-4EA7-B74D-D6C937F94D8F.png

AlexS

CBR650R ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Hey I'm in Toronto. I have a few reputable shops near me that can do the Dyno but I am just waiting for someone to release a module for our bike. Rapid bike have one and Dynojet is looking to make a PV (not PC) for us. PC do not exist for our bike nor will they ever make one.
Hey... good to know, I have read a lot about performance degradation after replacing the exhaust (without filter and PC or PV) and was hesitating as I really like the mid rev torque we have. Please share more of your experience as you go.

BTW I am from the GTA as well so maybe one day I will get to see you and hear it in person :)

stevelululu

CB650R ABS
May 7, 2019
Toronto
Hey... good to know, I have read a lot about performance degradation after replacing the exhaust (without filter and PC or PV) and was hesitating as I really like the mid rev torque we have. Please share more of your experience as you go.

BTW I am from the GTA as well so maybe one day I will get to see you and hear it in person :)
+1 for GTA!

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
His video's get more polished every time I see one. The intro on this one was pretty slick.

So is the SC not available w/o cat? On their site it looks like all have Euro 4 branding.

Agreed. I think his videos are great and the Akra ones made my choice of exhaust that much easier 😉. Plus it gave me the confidence to install myself.

Yep the SC Project is fully Euro4 compliant so the baffle is non removable and it has a cat.

Underworld Taco

CB650R ABS
Mar 23, 2020
Portugal
Riding Since
Here in Portugal i prefer have a legal exhaust,so need have cat and baffle,500 euros in ticket and inspection B not my thing xD,SC project sounds better than akrapo with cat and baffle and its 360 euros less basically,thats why im so into getting one

Sadly in my city there is only 3 650R including mine and none have exhaust,little hard know what sound i like more because in videos the deep sounds isnt there

Last edited:

AntonRyo

CB650R ABS
Feb 18, 2020
I spoke to Austin Racing about the GP1R exhaust that was used for the CB650F and they said it can be used for CB650R, I was wondering if anyone else had fitted one? I’m torn between the Austin Racing and the Akra?

Underworld Taco

CB650R ABS
Mar 23, 2020
Portugal
Riding Since
I spoke to Austin Racing about the GP1R exhaust that was used for the CB650F and they said it can be used for CB650R, I was wondering if anyone else had fitted one? I’m torn between the Austin Racing and the Akra?
one thing i know,if you like ear destruction,Austin Racing,if you like a deep and chill sound,akrapo,SC for screaming,thats my opinion

Last edited:

AntonRyo

CB650R ABS
Feb 18, 2020
one thing i know,if you like ear destruction,Austin Racing,if you like a deep and chill sound,akrapo,SC for screaming,thats my opinion

Just looking at getting back at my next door neighbour back who has a Ford Focus RS and his bloody exhaust rattles the windows of my house every night when he goes to work. Jokes jokes, nice one for the heads up.

Underworld Taco

CB650R ABS
Mar 23, 2020
Portugal
Riding Since
Just looking at getting back at my next door neighbour back who has a Ford Focus RS and his bloody exhaust rattles the windows of my house every night when he goes to work. Jokes jokes, nice one for the heads up.
in the UK you have a dB Limit too,like in Portugal?well,my bike stock make more dB than the legal but ye,you understand me xD

Top Bottom