• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Will changing tire brand affect my bike seat height?

tramyer

CBR650R
Dec 2, 2023
Riding Since
Hi All,

I have a simple question.

Will changing my tire brand affect my seat height?

Are all tire brand sizes standard? Like

If my rear tire was 180/55 -17, and it was a dunlop brand, would it be changing to metzeler affect my seat height or would all be the same?

I have this feeling that as long as you follow 180/55 it will not affect anything except tire features.

Can someone shed light on me 😅.

kind regards,

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
As stated above, yes, all manufacturers will have some variance in actual tire circumference because of the profile they choose to use, be it a U shape or V shape, as well as other tolerance and manufacturing reasons.

However, it will be a very minor change; keep in mind even if it’s 10mm taller overall, that’s 5mm on each side, hardly anything.

Are you questioning due to seat height or handing changes?

tramyer

CBR650R
Dec 2, 2023
Riding Since
As stated above, yes, all manufacturers will have some variance in actual tire circumference because of the profile they choose to use, be it a U shape or V shape, as well as other tolerance and manufacturing reasons.

However, it will be a very minor change; keep in mind even if it’s 10mm taller overall, that’s 5mm on each side, hardly anything.

Are you questioning due to seat height or handing changes?

Seat Height. I don't want to increase its height due to I'm only 5'6".

So the current Dunlop is all good. but in the future, I might change it to michelin tires.

Does michelin the same as Dunlop?

Thank y'all to those who replied and appreciate it.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
It will be such a slight change I wouldn’t worry about it
Seat Height. I don't want to increase its height due to I'm only 5'6".

So the current Dunlop is all good. but in the future, I might change it to michelin tires.

Does michelin the same as Dunlop?

Thank y'all to those who replied and appreciate it.

Top Bottom