• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Vibration?

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
This might sound strange,I had a small truck back into my bike 2 days ago.No real
damage just the left hand front cowl lost a few screws.This has stopped my vibration
in the pegs that i was getting at speeds over 120km. WOW! Believe it or not.

GPJake

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Mar 8, 2015
United States / Northern KY
Riding Since
This might sound strange,I had a small truck back into my bike 2 days ago.No real
damage just the left hand front cowl lost a few screws.This has stopped my vibration
in the pegs that i was getting at speeds over 120km. WOW! Believe it or not.
That is strange.

Did you replace the screws?

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
I have private messaged you... but I have a full standard system for sale - which I originally bought with the intention of modifying so I would have a fully standard spare to go back on for trade in... and I will shortly have a full Ixil Hyperlow system for sale too.
I have been off sick sorry.

Stratman

Amateur
Jun 17, 2017
Norfolk
I read about this vibration issue before I bought my 2014 bike second hand. I must be lucky because i don't notice any vibration at all. Compared to my last bike, a BMW K1300 which would put your hands to sleep in 10 minutes. Seems odd that some bikes suffer it and others don't?

Jonathan

Amateur
Jul 27, 2017
Bridlington
I've got no vibration issues so far with the CB and there were none with the CBR either...

However, the CBR500R I had before.... well that was another matter...

Duncan

CBR650F
Honorable Discharge
Odominator
May 3, 2015
SEQ Australia
yeah, the japan thing.
I sometime wonder if some problems come from the clutch. I get a change of engine character when I just start to pull the clutch.
I get the play with this a lot due to the amount of heavy traffic I get to commute in on a regular basis. Gets me thinking that early production needed some polish.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
I have the same issue with a vibration which goes when the clutch is pulled in,it's exactly the same as my cbr600rr8 which over time actually got worse.I wondered if it was maybe a transmission thing?

Jonathan

Amateur
Jul 27, 2017
Bridlington
I did consider a street triple but for me an ugly duckling.

I considered the new Street Triple RS. I test rode it and it was undoubtedly the best bike I've ever ridden... although the seat was very hard and the bar end mirrors vibrated so much over 50mph they were essentially useless. The looks are quirky but pretty sexy too...

However, when it came to it, I could not justify paying 10.5k for a bike and I would not use either the performance or the plethora of extra features and riding modes.

I'm delighted with my Honda... my 5th Honda and 5th bike... it will take either a very good deal or something truly special to turn me away from Honda I think...

Jonathan

Amateur
Jul 27, 2017
Bridlington
I'm rattling on a bit,but I cannot get enough of my cb,but if I could make a change I would like less weight and more power.
Best way to save weight is an exhaust change as the standard one is really heavy... as for more power you'll see an increase in performance by losing the weight and changing the OEM air filter for a K&N filter... I'm not convinced a power commander is worth the money.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Best way to save weight is an exhaust change as the standard one is really heavy... as for more power you'll see an increase in performance by losing the weight and changing the OEM air filter for a K&N filter... I'm not convinced a power commander is worth the money.
You'll see exactly zero performance increase from fitting a K&N filter and very little in a full exhaust. The bike will breathe better with the pipe and fuel better with the PCV but it will still be an under 100hp bike because that is what it was designed to be.

I agree, the OEM pipe is a heavy beast, however.

Top Bottom