• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Vibration?

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
After changing my stock exhaust to a carbon termignoni,my seat vibs. stopped but i still
feel a little vibs. at about 6500 rpm in the pegs.I really like the new exhaust and i can feel the extra power.I do
not feel any vibs. in the bars after putting in extra heavy bar ends.Not every bike is the same,it takes time to find
your problem if you have one.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
My cb650f is by far the worst bike I have owned for vibration. I had plenty of ideas to reduce the vibration but kept patient and the more miles I covered the better it seemed to be, now on 3,800 I have done about 1,700 miles on it. After I replaced my rear spring I thought I would check my chain tension and it was set at 10mm free play (too tight) I set it to 25mm the minimum setting and have to say the bike was 50% better on vibes well happy. The only complaint I have is my r/h little finger can go a bit numb but not a major problem.

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
I never had problems with vibration so far. Maybe due to the different bar ends and/or exhaust or I got used to it. (Did ride with both stock at the beginning but can´t really remember if it vibrated more).
I think it´s just something to get used to.
See it in a positive way - as long as the bike vibrates the engine is running :p

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Early on I could clearly feel some vibration through the handlebar and through the seat sometimes. Very high frequency vibrations like a tickle. I've ridden about 1800km now (about 1100mi) and those vibrations are either completely gone or I'm not noticing them anymore. I'm betting on the former though.

Jonathan

Amateur
Jul 27, 2017
Bridlington
I had R&G bar end sliders fitted to my 2014 CBR650F from new and never had any issues with vibration.... until I fitted an aftermarket exhaust system.... then I found there to be lots of vibration.... but it was worth it lol!!

I now have a new CB650F... it is standard in all but levers and tail tidy. I have only done 74miles so far but I have not noticed any vibrations at all.

Jonathan

Amateur
Jul 27, 2017
Bridlington
Do you prefer the cb to the cbr.Is your new bike the new model.
Yes it's the 2017 model. I think I still prefer the aesthetics of the CBR but the CB is much more free flowing. The engine feels better and I was getting pains in my wrists and neck from the clip on bars so it was the best decision to make.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
My favourite the ixil but cannot justify the cost. I prefer the underslung exhaust myself. I am thinking of decating the standard can but I need to find the inspiration for that.

Jonathan

Amateur
Jul 27, 2017
Bridlington
I have private messaged you... but I have a full standard system for sale - which I originally bought with the intention of modifying so I would have a fully standard spare to go back on for trade in... and I will shortly have a full Ixil Hyperlow system for sale too.

Top Bottom