• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R Rear foot pegs removed

Big Nate

CBR650F ABS
Jul 24, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I've been looking for a black set. Where did you find yours? The OEM ones stand out to much but I still need passenger pegs.

Update, I've taken the front and passenger pegs off. I'm going to drop them off at a local electroplating shop to have them black anodized later today. I'll post the results

Big Nate

CBR650F ABS
Jul 24, 2018
Ontario, Canada
So I got the front and rear pegs back from the electroplater's and I'm very happy with them. They plated them twice for me so they came back kind of matte looking. So I just put on two coats of spray can clear coat and they look awesome.

The two passenger pegs and the left front pegs are the same back as the frame. The right front peg turned out a little lighter because I forgot to take out a small steel dowel in the assembly when I sent it away. So Remeber to take that off too. Still looks great though.

I spent 110 to have the all 4 pegs plated black, along with all the mounting hardware. I'm glad I get to keep all 4 OEM ones and still get the custom look20200113_111354.jpg20200128_133730.jpg20200128_145702.jpg20200128_145725.jpg20200128_151526.jpg20200128_151504.jpg

Doohanisthegoat

CBR650F ABS
Mar 14, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland
Riding Since
You can have these posted for under £5, some dressing bolts with washers in the colour of your choice. They're quite smart, this is the only picture I've got of them atm. I put x4 on rear peg threads and x2 onto luggage bolts, out of interest do you guys have them on the CB650R? Can't see any on the tail.
View attachment 2925
Nice one. Ordered a set in red for my new CBR650F.

AlexS

CBR650R ABS
Apr 3, 2019
So I got the front and rear pegs back from the electroplater's and I'm very happy with them. They plated them twice for me so they came back kind of matte looking. So I just put on two coats of spray can clear coat and they look awesome.

The two passenger pegs and the left front pegs are the same back as the frame. The right front peg turned out a little lighter because I forgot to take out a small steel dowel in the assembly when I sent it away. So Remeber to take that off too. Still looks great though.

I spent 110 to have the all 4 pegs plated black, along with all the mounting hardware. I'm glad I get to keep all 4 OEM ones and still get the custom lookView attachment 5424View attachment 5426View attachment 5427View attachment 5428View attachment 5430View attachment 5431
Looks great, who did it for you? Maybe I can use the same people.

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
Look good. The finish on these components does 'go off 'a bit too soon doesn't it.

jamiea1991

CBR650R ABS
Apr 4, 2020
Riding Since

I spent 110 to have the all 4 pegs plated black, along with all the mounting hardware. I'm glad I get to keep all 4 OEM ones and still get the custom lookView attachment 5424View attachment 5426View attachment 5427View attachment 5428View attachment 5430View attachment 5431

Looks awesome! I must say I really like the look of your carbon fibre rear hugger! May I ask where you got it from?

Big Nate

CBR650F ABS
Jul 24, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Looks awesome! I must say I really like the look of your carbon fibre rear hugger! May I ask where you got it from?

Thanks, jamiea1991 @jamiea1991

Yea I found it on Ali Express. It's gone up 40 bucks since I purchased it. Seller is AB Racing. I will say I was very impressed. With it being so affordable I didn't expect to it to be real carbon fiber, but it was.

The link is below :

Cheers

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
No I wouldn't say so. Anodizing is a pretty robust application. As long as as you seal it to protect the pores from the elements it will last as long as the bike.
Well the rear footrest brackets have 'tarnished ' a bit on my bike and it is only 2 years old. Don't know if the previous owner had done anything to destroy the surface finish though ,like using something abrasive for instance possibly.

Dirkplatinum

CBR650F ABS
Apr 30, 2020
Riding Since
I hate ordering passengers . So I’ll be removing the rear pegs from cbr650f soon.

GregTheWalrus3

CB650R ABS
May 20, 2020
Riding Since
...with a generous amount of anti seize copper grease they should be fine for a good few years.

Sorry to revive a thread after so long, but I just ordered some dress up bolts from that eBay link to remove my pillion pegs... As I’ve never had a need for copper anti-seize grease, I went looking for that as well.

Everything I’ve found says it’s for preventing lock-up due to areas of high heat like engine bolts, etc which makes me think it wouldn’t be necessary for this application? Just curious, do you think it would be fine without? Is there a particular reason you used the copper grease??

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
Sorry to revive a thread after so long, but I just ordered some dress up bolts from that eBay link to remove my pillion pegs... As I’ve never had a need for copper anti-seize grease, I went looking for that as well.

Everything I’ve found says it’s for preventing lock-up due to areas of high heat like engine bolts, etc which makes me think it wouldn’t be necessary for this application? Just curious, do you think it would be fine without? Is there a particular reason you used the copper grease??
Lithium grease would also probably be ok I would think.

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
So regardless of the type, it’s recommended to use *some* type of grease on the bolts?
It's not mandatory, but the reason most put some sort of grease on it is to prevent more rust, which can quite often occur on the areas around the bolts. Doesn't have to be copper grease, I've put a thin layer of generic automotive grease on myself. Nothing to be overly worried about though 👍

quigonquinn

CBR650R
Feb 17, 2020
Looks good! My girlfriend is going to take a lot of convincing to get on the back of the bike. So I may do this sooner rather than later.

Do you use tailbags at all? Does this hinder attaching them?

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Looks good! My girlfriend is going to take a lot of convincing to get on the back of the bike. So I may do this sooner rather than later.

On an off-topic, not sure why the g/f doesn't want to ride but I've always said that if someone doesn't feel comfortable riding, don't push them. Could be just as dangerous for yourself if they start freaking out while on the back! (I know, I'm preaching!)

Enjoy your new ride when you get it tomorrow and make sure to post some pics! Congrats!

quigonquinn

CBR650R
Feb 17, 2020
On an off-topic, not sure why the g/f doesn't want to ride but I've always said that if someone doesn't feel comfortable riding, don't push them. Could be just as dangerous for yourself if they start freaking out while on the back! (I know, I'm preaching!)

Enjoy your new ride when you get it tomorrow and make sure to post some pics! Congrats!
Very valid point. Its just intimidating, as they are to a lot of people. I sure will post pics! Can't wait

Top Bottom