• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

How do I put the fairings back on after exhaust install?

Jayzep

CBR650R ABS
Oct 27, 2021
Riding Since
Gday guys, I’ve had the bike in the shed over a few months chipping away at modding it! Unfortunately I’ve got the fairings off and installed a fresh Austin Racing pipe but I’ve been busy at work (and lazy) and didn’t get back around to getting the fairings back on before I forgot how I got them off!!!! F%#K

Does anyone have any comprehensive guide or tutorial on how to put them back on? I have all the bolts but just can’t figure out what goes where in what order :( thx guys

Ian Warren

CBR650R ABS
Mar 12, 2022
United Kingdom
Riding Since
Gday guys, I’ve had the bike in the shed over a few months chipping away at modding it! Unfortunately I’ve got the fairings off and installed a fresh Austin Racing pipe but I’ve been busy at work (and lazy) and didn’t get back around to getting the fairings back on before I forgot how I got them off!!!! F%#K

Does anyone have any comprehensive guide or tutorial on how to put them back on? I have all the bolts but just can’t figure out what goes where in what order :( thx guys
Download the Maintenance Manual for the CBR650R and it’s all in there in Chapter 2 starting with the index on page 2-1.
Hope it helps.

Jayzep

CBR650R ABS
Oct 27, 2021
Riding Since
Download the Maintenance Manual for the CBR650R and it’s all in there in Chapter 2 starting with the index on page 2-1.
Hope it helps.
Thank you mate I’ll try find that manual right now.

BIG6105

CBR650R ABS
Apr 19, 2022
Riding Since
If you want to start with middle fairing ( sides) as a start here goes from top
2 small Allen bolts 3mm head silver
Next silver Allen bolt no collar 5mm next to frame and tank
Next 2 black Allen bolts on side just below frame 5mm
Next silver 5mm
Next silver 5mm
That’s all outside / inside from top
Closest to light small push fit followed by 3 long fit push plugs
Belly pan is black Allen next to exhaust and on opposite side / silver 5mm centre front with long push plug behind inner v plate is 4 small push plugs wich interconnect to the middle fairing
Hope this helps

Jayzep

CBR650R ABS
Oct 27, 2021
Riding Since
If you want to start with middle fairing ( sides) as a start here goes from top
2 small Allen bolts 3mm head silver
Next silver Allen bolt no collar 5mm next to frame and tank
Next 2 black Allen bolts on side just below frame 5mm
Next silver 5mm
Next silver 5mm
That’s all outside / inside from top
Closest to light small push fit followed by 3 long fit push plugs
Belly pan is black Allen next to exhaust and on opposite side / silver 5mm centre front with long push plug behind inner v plate is 4 small push plugs wich interconnect to the middle fairing
Hope this helps
You’re a legend! I’m certain it will help. I’m going to give it a crack this weekend, and I’m sure it will help many who are also searching. People who maybe have bought a broken cbr and don’t know where to start to put the fairings back on will benefit greatly thank you! I tried looking at the service book and the images where unclear and had to try reverse engineer.

BIG6105

CBR650R ABS
Apr 19, 2022
Riding Since
Glad to help / any more probs take a pic of the bolt your stuck on and I’ll try my best to place it for you
Kind regards mic

Top Bottom