• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Help needed!! Issue with build quality on a 2019 CB650R.

fnation25

CBR650R ABS
Dec 17, 2018
Yes I remember when I had clear screen it would be a bit more difficult to look, now I have 0 problems.

Hondawing

CBR650R ABS
Jul 24, 2019
I have 400 miles on my 2019 cbr650r abs and I noticed on the right side my fairing fitment isnt very good , left side is mint right side not so much I tried adjusting it but seems the fairing is a bit off - guess I am gonna live with it so far that is my only gripe
Bike is awesome I have a 2017 ninja 650 abs and this bike blows it away in every aspect. I think it has good power and handling also liking the sporty rider position !
No corrosion anywhere so far

Hondawing

CBR650R ABS
Jul 24, 2019
So strangely enough my 2019 CBR650R had an issue come up today - I have 750 miles on mine and have had it two weeks
My right front fairing - where is connects to the carbon fibre looking plastic piece right behind the front cowl - under the steering area , is starting to spread apart - there is now a gap in between the two pieces about a 1/4” and I had the bike in for service yesterday and the mechanic said “ looks like a tab broke off the fairing that holds it in place “ they said it wasnt a big deal 🙁I am gonna run it up the ladder because it looks like some hack worked on the bike and and broke something - but they didnt
What happened was I road in 97 degree heat and I think a tab gave way and the fairing is warping from heat engine and ambient. Where the fairing connects to the cowl by the windshield it is now separating , the gap is getting bigger like the whole fairing is slightly warping . I checked all bolts and everything is tight . It is almost like I bought a chinese fairing that looks good but isnt built to spec and doesnt fit 100 percent . The odd thing is I am very particular about my bikes and it did not look this way when I bought it .
I did about a 100 mile ride today and it was mid nineties and guess what? The left side looks like it might be doing the same thing
This is small stuff that doesn’t effect the performance of the bike but it looks like I put some cheap fairing on a brand new bike that doesnt quite fit right .
My thoughts are that the fairings might either be too thin or not quite strong enough in composition and the heat is warping them slightly.
Bizarre never seen this happen on any bike I have owned ! If the engine lasts for 100k miles I will be pleased lol so this is a small thing I couldnt be happier with the bike it is absolutely awesome
Lets see what the dealer says and does I have bought three bikes from them in three years so we will see
I was initially told if I didnt like the fit I could buy and new fairing and pay to have it installed and it wasnt a defective warranty issue it is aesthetic and the lines arent quite right and I have a broken tab that must have happened when I went over a bump
🙄

Machlovsky

CB650R
Jan 14, 2020
Hi all,

So, I need some help. I have had my bike around a month or so, have only covered 880 miles, never been out in rain and always covered. However, I seem to have some rather bad corrosion on the water pipe that goes into the engine. While it may not be an issue technically, this is not a good thing to see on a brand new bike!

I've spoken to the dealer and their response was "This has happened with our demo bike". They have said they will look at it but from my conversation with the sales guy, I felt they were quite dismissive. Can I ask if anyone else has this issue and if not, could you post a pic and let me know mileage etc? I really want to head them off at the pass in case they come back saying "This is just how it is".

The area in question is towards the rear of the engine, there's a gap you can look through while crouching next to the bike.

I also found a missing bolt on the radiator and the header bolts were literally finger tight, I unscrewed all of them without a tool when fitting my new exhaust.

I love this bike but I am just a little worried about the QA!

Help would be very much appreciated.

Dan

Hello Dan,

I was thinking about getting myself a CBR650R. What is the situation with your CB now? Did you manage to eliminate rusty clamps? Did you notice any new issues with corrosion?

helman

CBR650F ABS
Oct 2, 2019
Australia
So strangely enough my 2019 CBR650R had an issue come up today - I have 750 miles on mine and have had it two weeks
My right front fairing - where is connects to the carbon fibre looking plastic piece right behind the front cowl - under the steering area , is starting to spread apart - there is now a gap in between the two pieces about a 1/4” and I had the bike in for service yesterday and the mechanic said “ looks like a tab broke off the fairing that holds it in place “ they said it wasnt a big deal 🙁I am gonna run it up the ladder because it looks like some hack worked on the bike and and broke something - but they didnt
What happened was I road in 97 degree heat and I think a tab gave way and the fairing is warping from heat engine and ambient. Where the fairing connects to the cowl by the windshield it is now separating , the gap is getting bigger like the whole fairing is slightly warping . I checked all bolts and everything is tight . It is almost like I bought a chinese fairing that looks good but isnt built to spec and doesnt fit 100 percent . The odd thing is I am very particular about my bikes and it did not look this way when I bought it .
I did about a 100 mile ride today and it was mid nineties and guess what? The left side looks like it might be doing the same thing
This is small stuff that doesn’t effect the performance of the bike but it looks like I put some cheap fairing on a brand new bike that doesnt quite fit right .
My thoughts are that the fairings might either be too thin or not quite strong enough in composition and the heat is warping them slightly.
Bizarre never seen this happen on any bike I have owned ! If the engine lasts for 100k miles I will be pleased lol so this is a small thing I couldnt be happier with the bike it is absolutely awesome
Lets see what the dealer says and does I have bought three bikes from them in three years so we will see
I was initially told if I didnt like the fit I could buy and new fairing and pay to have it installed and it wasnt a defective warranty issue it is aesthetic and the lines arent quite right and I have a broken tab that must have happened when I went over a bump
🙄
I wouldn't take their word that it's not a warranty issue. I'd force the issue and if they wouldn't come to the party I'd take it up with whoever your country's organisation is that looks after consumer rights.

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
H @helman , I do not think the tab broke because of heat stress, these plastics can tolerate normal heat cycles. More likely is poor fitment to begin with, which is common on all the 650s. My 2014 has one side that fits well and one side that doesn’t, been that way since I bought it new. If the tabs have some lateral stress from misfitment that can be amplified by engine vibrations and the frame absorbing normal road imperfections. I think they should just fix it under warranty and make the customer happy.

Drc81

CB650R ABS
Mar 17, 2020
Riding Since
I've had my bike for 6 or 7 months and 2 weeks after I got it there was signs of rust under the bars the clamps Honda told me well my dealer it's the way he washes it. After 3000 miles and the frame has parts of it rusting where the powder coating has disappeared the engine bolts have rusted and I think it's the water pipe going into the engine on the bottom is severely corroded. The kicker is just the winter alone my bike has been acf50 5 times and Honda dont seem to care.

Top Bottom