• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Engine side casing Paint .....17 models

KRider

CB650R ABS
Aug 19, 2021
Riding Since
Hi All, bobstrax very kindly helped me out with his paint code after my original post (thanks!), but I thought it would also be nice to get the "official line" from Honda themselves. Being of a persistent nature, (and irritated by their original Bullpoop response (see original post)) I rattled Honda's cage until I - eventually - got the following response (verbatim):

"I have spoken with my bike master technicians. The clutch cover is bronze and is called YR-325M Pyrite Brown Metallic. I hope this goes some way to assuring you that all matters brought to the attention of Honda (UK) are taken seriously and thoroughly" :)LOL)

So there you go.. it would appear Honda paint colours are a secret guarded only by master technicians (and many-headed hounds and black magic!). But apparently the colour name we've all been struggling to find is Pyrite Brown Metallic or YR-325M.

Hope this helps people out, and in particular, that Bojay's soul will hurt a little less now!
Thank you so much, Mate!

This is so awesome. You saved us all with that elusive paint code and some folks here who were weird about sharing it on this forum (go figure human nature…). Cheers!

Atucker

CBR650R
Aug 18, 2020
Riding Since
The paint code is great to have, but just an FYI that replacing the actual cover is way less expensive than what you might expect. I just ordered one from Honda and it's less than $80. Just a heads up for those interested.

Atucker

CBR650R
Aug 18, 2020
Riding Since
Yes, I have no idea how or why its so cheap in the US. The parts for this bike are a fraction of what parts are for other bikes.

Jarvo650R

CBR650R ABS
Jan 7, 2022
Riding Since
Hi guys, from the UK here, I ordered some YR-325m paint from ebay but it is much darker than the engine casing colour when wet and dry.

Does anybody know where you can get the same paint in the correct colour in the UK?

Bonus question, does anyone have the paint code for the matt black used on the clutch cover washer?

Thanks very much.

danrobinson302

CBR650F
Apr 17, 2023
Riding Since
Hi there would someone please send me the paint code for the Honda CBR 650f I’ve just bought it and didn’t notice the it’s been dropped. Please help me out :)

Pete J

CBR650F ABS
Nov 20, 2018
After 5 years and 5 pages to this thread, can anyone give me the product code used by RS Paints for this mysterious bronze paint? If they use YR-325M, why does everyone seem so coy about posting the code/name? I appreciate that bobstrax gave a reason when he first posted, but RS Paints must have rationalised their system since then. I have contacted them, and will report back if and when I get an answer.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
After 5 years and 5 pages to this thread, can anyone give me the product code used by RS Paints for this mysterious bronze paint? If they use YR-325M, why does everyone seem so coy about posting the code/name? I appreciate that bobstrax gave a reason when he first posted, but RS Paints must have rationalised their system since then. I have contacted them, and will report back if and when I get an answer.
Nobody has been coy about the code since ‘21……….

makemdan

CBR650F ABS
Aug 6, 2018
Hust checked mine
Nobody has been coy about the code since ‘21……….
Just checked my can and there is no paint code, must have been on invoice which is long departed. The label on the spray can just shows COB Honda engine casing bronze metallic. RS also supply a clearcote to go over the bronze but I didn't use it. Whereabouts are you? If you're reasonably local you can have my can, sold the bike 2 years ago.

Top Bottom