• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650F ECU remap

Danielegenovesi76

CB650F ABS
Aug 8, 2020
Riding Since
hi guys quick question i hope i didnt put wrong thread but I purchase cs racing system and they told me after install full exhaust you dont need to remap ECU which there is a store where I live they do remap on ECU but for the hondacb650f they told me they can't so I would like know if install full exhaust bike going to run ok or maybe to lean?I prefer not buy power commander I have bad experience in the past.thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20200816_175217_311.jpg
    IMG_20200816_175217_311.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13

Saif Riding

CBR650R
Aug 26, 2020
Riding Since
I installed akrapovic full system exhaust. I ordered it through the honda dealership, they said its an easy enough job for me to install it. The shop guys said that akra makes pretty good exhausts and that you most likely dont need to mess around with the ECU. The guy had alot of experience and I could tell he knew what he was talking about.
I've been riding it now with the new exhaust for about 3 weeks now and it feels fine, more power i think, maybe just louder makes it feel like that not sure haha..
however it feels a bit hesitant in first gear. I've got a guy who can do a tune and will be going in soon hopefully. I'll keep you posted on how it feels after

Danielegenovesi76

CB650F ABS
Aug 8, 2020
Riding Since
Yes what friend of my who has different bike with some mod on it he basically explayne to me the ECU can make small adjustments by itself but when you put full exhaust the amount of air coming out its not enough for the oxygen sensor and ECU to auto adjust the amount of fuel, that's why he told me you need remap it or install power commander but I saw a lot people putting full exhaust without remapping so I'm not sure who is right......

fnation25

CBR650R ABS
Dec 17, 2018
I can tell you from my experience, I had mine with a full akra without remap, it was fine but it was doing many pops & bangs. I did a remap on it and I gained a lot more in low range and there way less pops & bangs. TBH I think it's fine to run without a tune, it's not that bad as some bikes. It's not a must on these bikes but they will run better.

Danielegenovesi76

CB650F ABS
Aug 8, 2020
Riding Since
Fnation 25 you just remap the ECU or you install powercommander? Where i live the shop told me Honda ecu its hard to flash so they dont do it........

Ravana

MotoGP
Aug 7, 2017
SOMD
I installed an Akrapovic full system last summer. I waited until the 16000-mile service to have the power commander FC and air filter installed. During the prior year, I never experienced any popping or backfiring. My ultimate plan is to block the PCV and have a dyno tune performed. I have not found a shop that offers ECU remapping yet.

Danielegenovesi76

CB650F ABS
Aug 8, 2020
Riding Since
Right now I have just the k&n air filter and just with filter has huge improvement especially sound.......

Dontpush

CB650R ABS
Mar 8, 2020
Riding Since
I'm a bit let down after installing a full akra exhaust without reflashing the ecu. It runs fine and I still have the same amount of power, but when cruising in low RPMs (like rolling thru a parking lot in 2nd gear or coming up slowly to a stop sign) I get a lot of studder and jerkiness that wasn't present in the stock system.

*Edit dynojet support mistakenly told me they had maps for Powervision but they do not

Last edited:

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
I'm a bit let down after installing a full akra exhaust without reflashing the ecu. It runs fine and I still have the same amount of power, but when cruising in low RPMs (like rolling thru a parking lot in 2nd gear or coming up slowly to a stop sign) I get a lot of studder and jerkiness that wasn't present in the stock system.

Dynojet now has the Powervision maps for the 650r available though which I'm going to try. instead of getting a power commander and jumping through all the hoops to get it tuned You can just plug it in, reflash it once and done.

It looks like they just released this for this bike so I can't find any reviews but I'm interested in being the guiene pig.

Something is not right there. I have the full system and no tune and mine runs just fine at lower RPMs. Did you do the PAIR removal in addition?

Dontpush

CB650R ABS
Mar 8, 2020
Riding Since
Something is not right there. I have the full system and no tune and mine runs just fine at lower RPMs. Did you do the PAIR removal in addition?
No I didn't do the pair removal.

I wonder if my o2 sensor got damaged somehow during the install... Also i just got new gaskets for the headers which I'm going to put in because I reused the old ones by mistake (I've done multiple leak tests and I'm not seeing any leaks but I am going to replace them anyhow)

Bindir Dundat

CB650F
May 5, 2018
I have not found a shop that offers ECU remapping yet
Try Guhl Motors if you live in PA.Only problem is they need your bike for few days or weeks since they don't have map for our bikes. Talk to Don and he'll explain to you the process.

Dontpush

CB650R ABS
Mar 8, 2020
Riding Since
Looks like white/green on one side of the connector and black on the sensor side.
View attachment 8651
After about 100 miles the lower rpms started to smooth out, I retorqued everything and tightened my chain slack and it has smoothed out completely.

Not sure if it's supposed to take the ecu that long to readjust itself or the chain slack was throwing me off and I misattributed it to the exhaust change. Anyway thanks for the help

Danielegenovesi76

CB650F ABS
Aug 8, 2020
Riding Since
I dont think your o2 sensor its damage otherwise the check engine light come on because there is a different from how much air and fuel mixture.......I found out having with cs racing exhaust same issue at lower rpm I just buy rapid bike easy the one controll the o2 sensor so he fixed the problem but if you want big improvement you need put on the dyno.

Top Bottom