• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R cb650r ecu

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
Left well enough alone on my bike , haven't done anything to the engine and it runs fine.:)

User6

CBR650F ABS
Feb 4, 2018
Thanks, Sudesh @Sudesh
That is exactly how I felt.
Why tell me in the middle of the job "oh, by the way, I am out of unrestricted snorkels but don't worry, I have drilled yours instead".
Disgusting practice.

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
Thanks, Sudesh @Sudesh
This is exactly how I felt.
Why tell me in the middle of the job "oh, by the way, I am out of the unrestricted snorkels but don't worry, I have drilled yours instead".
Disgusting practice.

Some places just want the money and then once they have it your thrown aside. No hate against Dave and Platinum has its issues too but oh well man. You upgraded and now you'll have a much better time with a non restricted bike l'm sure.

User6

CBR650F ABS
Feb 4, 2018
Exactly right, mate.
I sent him a long email detailing exactly how I felt so it was good to get it off my chest.
I think people should be well aware of what they're getting themselves into before handing over their hard earned money.
Platinum from the very get go seemed so much more knowledgeable and took the time to explain everything to me, oh well.
I guess the idea of not having my bike for one week was a bit of a turnoff but now I understand why.

Noony

CBR650R ABS
Apr 27, 2020
Riding Since
Yeah from what I've noticed is its hit or miss with him. But I guess with the amount of volume he goes through you're bound to have issues once and a while. But blowing up an ECU, not supporting a customer once the bike has an issue after, taking months to fix problems, stating that he will replace and give you the old trumpets and then going back on that word is kind of a turn off for some people.
Yeah seems fair. Totally agree with your points. I seem to have had a great experience and quick response to any question from Dyno.
All i know is that im 40 years old and have to ride a restricted. After Dave worked on it I smoked a 2019 v8 amg. Something 47hp would not have achieved.

Karu

CBR650R ABS
Jul 21, 2020
Riding Since
Hi guys.
Where I live, in China, the CBR 650 R is restricted to 75 hp (56 kW).
I am thinking of sending my ECU by DHL to Dynobike Melbourne to get the 95 hp I should get with this bike.
Please let me know your thoughts and advices.
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_6927 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_6927 (Large).jpeg
    540.8 KB · Views: 11

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
Hi guys.
Where I live, in China, the CBR 650 R is restricted to 75 hp (56 kW).
I am thinking of sending my ECU by DHL to Dynobike Melbourne to get the 95 hp I should get with this bike.
Please let me know your thoughts and advices.
Thank you.

That seems smart but you do know some places sell the derestricted ECU with the snorkels and keys for you to cut to work with your bike rather than sending your ecu all the way here to Australia. Maybe check around and you can find it cheaper than others.

Top Bottom