• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650F 2018 CB650F Exhaust

Drewster123

CBR650F ABS
Feb 16, 2018
The build quality looks better on the two brothers in my opinion. Carbon fibre end can. It's lighter the akro has tac welds I've heard to hold the baffle in place. It's a 3 minute job to remove the baffle on two brothers. Akro dosent deserve to be up to 300 qwid more money you are only paying for the name and it's heavier 😂 and looks more restrictive. I suppose the extra cost is beacuce you can make it fully legal with a cat in place.

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
End piece on the TBR is painted aluminium, teflon paint is peeling on mine. Akra is solid Ti or SS, so no corrosion issues to be had.

I will need a new end piece, or repaint it soon. The rest of the system is fine.

I prefer the TBR sound over the Akra, but that will be subjective to everyone. new TBR's aren't cheap now ... ÂŁ900 plus - check ebay. Price isn't a major difference any more.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
The build quality looks better on the two brothers in my opinion.

Ok, I’ll bite. I’m not going to debate with you on what’s better because Akra is one of MANY exhaust makers that have good products but your complete argument against them is unbelievably unfounded so I want to clear a few things up.

Google these two searches:

“Two Brothers exhaust issues”

“Akrapovic exhaust issues”

Now come back and talk to me.

TBR has ALWAYS had had issues with their carbon fiber cans literally blowing apart, poor quality welds, crappy mounting hardware and their warranty department is awful. Also, they don’t, and neither do a lot of companies, design an exhaust specifically for each bike and test it so it will actually make more power than the stock bike does and not hurt it like most do.

So Two Brothers takes “x” muffler off the shelf, fit a set of headers to it, make a link pipe and call it good; if it makes power, fine, if not, that’s fine too. That’s why they almost universally tell you to get a PCV with a map and Akra doesn’t. Akra looks heavy because of the size of the can but it’s not because of what it’s made of: titanium.

Oh yeah, Two Brothers need to be repacked every 10k miles it 2 years, something crazy like that. My Akra? Good for life. Not hard, not expensive, but not fun.

Until you’ve owned, installed, worked on, crashed with it, mapped, called tech support, etc. on other companies pipes, you will feel that Akra is overpriced. There’s a reason they are what they are and stay in business when so many others have folded. TBR is a fine pipe, IXL is fine, CS Racing s fine, others are fine, but there’s a reason they are cheaper than Akra, Arrow, Yoshimura, etc.

Little known fact: in the mid 90’s to early 2000’s Honda factory racing here in the US was sponsored by Jardine exhausts. You know what they actually used? Rebadged Akra because they worked better and didn’t blow apart during a race on the RC51’s.

Drewster123

CBR650F ABS
Feb 16, 2018
Fair enough I'm not here saying they are shit or anything I think they are great exhausts they look nice. I just coulnt really see much point paying the extra money expecially with it weighing more but everyone has there own opinion. I do think abit different after reading what you have put . And my welds look spot on so it must be a thing in the past. Fair enough iff it's a fact akro uses better materials I woulnt know. But I'm sure the two brothers has had allot of work what's been put into it as it looks really nicely built to me I think it must of been tested as it's got the same sort of information about power and that the same as akro

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
miweber929 @miweber929 Thanks for reminding me ... I must fit that repack kit after 25k miles on my TBR ;) [with no issues so far].

To be fair, most of the TBR blow aparts are from a few years ago and not on the Tarmac cans which we run on the 650s. I did the same searches back in 2014 before purchasing.

J

Arif012

CBR650F
Oct 13, 2019
Ok, I’ll bite. I’m not going to debate with you on what’s better because Akra is one of MANY exhaust makers that have good products but your complete argument against them is unbelievably unfounded so I want to clear a few things up.

Google these two searches:

“Two Brothers exhaust issues”

“Akrapovic exhaust issues”

Now come back and talk to me.

TBR has ALWAYS had had issues with their carbon fiber cans literally blowing apart, poor quality welds, crappy mounting hardware and their warranty department is awful. Also, they don’t, and neither do a lot of companies, design an exhaust specifically for each bike and test it so it will actually make more power than the stock bike does and not hurt it like most do.

So Two Brothers takes “x” muffler off the shelf, fit a set of headers to it, make a link pipe and call it good; if it makes power, fine, if not, that’s fine too. That’s why they almost universally tell you to get a PCV with a map and Akra doesn’t. Akra looks heavy because of the size of the can but it’s not because of what it’s made of: titanium.

Oh yeah, Two Brothers need to be repacked every 10k miles it 2 years, something crazy like that. My Akra? Good for life. Not hard, not expensive, but not fun.

Until you’ve owned, installed, worked on, crashed with it, mapped, called tech support, etc. on other companies pipes, you will feel that Akra is overpriced. There’s a reason they are what they are and stay in business when so many others have folded. TBR is a fine pipe, IXL is fine, CS Racing s fine, others are fine, but there’s a reason they are cheaper than Akra, Arrow, Yoshimura, etc.

Little known fact: in the mid 90’s to early 2000’s Honda factory racing here in the US was sponsored by Jardine exhausts. You know what they actually used? Rebadged Akra because they worked better and didn’t blow apart during a race on the RC51’s.

Can you add a slip on, on the cbr 650f by cutting the existing pipe (as it's one whole system) and then installing the slip on, onto the exiting system pipe, instead of installing the full system? Or will this affect the performance or the engine?

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Can you add a slip on, on the cbr 650f by cutting the existing pipe (as it's one whole system) and then installing the slip on, onto the exiting system pipe, instead of installing the full system? Or will this affect the performance or the engine?
People have done that with varying success. Search around the exhaust section a bit, you’ll, find them.

The major issue with doing that is if you don’t like it, it doesn’t work, whatever, you have nothing to go back to.

And yes, it will affect the performance of the engine. And not in a good way. Get one designed for the bike.

Vader

CB650F
Mar 28, 2020
Yes you can. I've had both types. Cut the stock pipe and add a slop on and now I run the full Akra system. In my opinion the slip on is a better option. The stock headers are the best and the end can makes little to no difference to the performance

ghehen

CBR650F ABS
Jun 27, 2019
Vietnam
to be hornest, TBR exhaust made sound sweet on 650 engine, you should try it if u can to compare with others brand out there.

JollyJacob

CB650F ABS
May 9, 2022
Riding Since
just purchased the new US 2018 cb650f. I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust but I haven't seen any options. Would any other year exhaust fit the 2018?

All the models look the same and have the same specs. Any help Is appreciated
Hi I am also looking to get an after market exhaust for my 2015 cb650f...but looks like no avail...

JollyJacob

CB650F ABS
May 9, 2022
Riding Since
If you're prepared to spend ÂŁ700 on the CS racing exhaust it may be worth waiting for a discount code to come around for a retailer that sells the Akrapovic one. It really is worth the extra money, the quality, fit and finish is fantastic.
Hi there...is there any chance for a link...

Remlap

CB650F
Apr 19, 2022
Riding Since
They should be all the same.

the new pipe is louder and about 4HP up on the on the <=16 one. meaning after market pipes will not give that much more power but more noise (well, a little less, relatively).
i have the same year, 2018, equipped with full Yoshimura R77, comes with db killer but not installed. Most everything is louder than stock; PCFC. Yes, 4hp isn’t a lot but it puts the F on par with the stock R’s, considerably lighter, and a lot less heat under the engine.

Top Bottom