• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650F 2018 CB650F Exhaust

Tpain1984

Amateur
Sep 6, 2017
Baltimore,Md
just purchased the new US 2018 cb650f. I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust but I haven't seen any options. Would any other year exhaust fit the 2018?

All the models look the same and have the same specs. Any help Is appreciated

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Just guessing here: but isn't the US 2018 model the same as the 2017 model in the rest of the world? Maybe searching for 2017 after market parts yields a bigger result.

Duncan

CBR650F
Honorable Discharge
Odominator
May 3, 2015
SEQ Australia
They should be all the same.

the new pipe is louder and about 4HP up on the on the <=16 one. meaning after market pipes will not give that much more power but more noise (well, a little less, relatively).

Thecult

CB650F ABS
May 2, 2018
I’m also having issues finding exhaust for the 2018 cb650F

I’ve emailed a bunch of different manufactures to get details. Still awaiting on responses

But it appears there is no slip on exhausts for it. Only full system. And as far as full system I’ve seen akrapovic as the best one, but costing around 1200$ is harsh, there is also a yoshi around same price.

Black widow claims to have one for the CB650F but I’d be suspect of quality. Emailed them to get details.

I would also love advice on getting a exhaust for this bike that isn’t going to cost above 1k. Options are seriously limited.

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only difference between the 2014> and 2017> models? It hasn't changed once more from 2018>?

Since the engines are identical other than intake funnels and gear ratio, wouldn't all exhausts available for both CBR and CB fit any bike to date? Mounting points and overall build look identical for all the exhaust systems I've seen for CBR and CB.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
There are slip ons available but you have to change the system. Alternatively have someone fabricate a link pipe to the old headers. It's all on you tube.

DRyker

Amateur
Jun 17, 2017
Arkansas
I’m also having issues finding exhaust for the 2018 cb650F

I’ve emailed a bunch of different manufactures to get details. Still awaiting on responses

But it appears there is no slip on exhausts for it. Only full system. And as far as full system I’ve seen akrapovic as the best one, but costing around 1200$ is harsh, there is also a yoshi around same price.

Black widow claims to have one for the CB650F but I’d be suspect of quality. Emailed them to get details.

I would also love advice on getting a exhaust for this bike that isn’t going to cost above 1k. Options are seriously limited.

Is there a problem with Black Widow exhausts? I was thinking of getting this one (https://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.u...s-steel-silencer--carbon-fibre-tip-9995-p.asp). It would cost me $485 USD, a whole lot better than the $1200 for the Akropovic.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
It looks and sounds good to me if you like the long sweeping back style. I prefer the short tucked under exhaust
but it does sound nice.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
With exhausts you get what you pay for; if one is significantly cheaper than another there will be a reason for and usually it’s a couple reasons. I’m thinking overall construction will be of a lesser quality and it’s probably not “tuned” for the bike itself but instead a repurposed generic muffler and pipes to connect it. So it won’t make more power but just be louder.

One of the most unique features of the 650F is the underbelly exhaust, this will get rid of that. If all you want is noise and a low price I’d say go for it. Otherwise hold out for a nicer one, it’ll be worth it.

As with all the side mount exhausts I worry about the mid pipe dragging if you get aggressive with leaning, it looks like it may drag.

Pejay

CBR650F ABS
Mar 28, 2018
Cheadle, Stockport

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
If you're prepared to spend £700 on the CS racing exhaust it may be worth waiting for a discount code to come around for a retailer that sells the Akrapovic one. It really is worth the extra money, the quality, fit and finish is fantastic.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Toce is well known for being ridiculously loud, cheaply made and not worth the price they get for what boiled down to a painted muffler tip.

I said it in another thread: you get what you pay for. And a poorly designed item that can keep my engine from running correctly is not a place I want to skimp.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Just one other thing,if the cops pull you over for any reason and they see your exhaust, they will know it is not
stock if they see multi-colors.You will be fined and have to change it,is it worth the hassle?

Top Bottom