• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R UK QuickShifter Availability

Dave-RB5

CBR650R ABS
Oct 15, 2019
Hi,

This is mainly aimed at people in the UK who have ordered either the Sports Pack or Quickshifter and what delivery times they had?

I ordered my bike in early September 2019 along with the Sports Pack at the same time, however when i picked my bike up in early October all parts of the Sports Pack were fitted apart from the Quickshifter which was on backorder. This was originally due at the end of October which would coincide with my 600 mile service. Unfortunately not and was told by my dealer (who i 100% trust) that estimated delivery is now February :arghh:

After a complaining email to Honda UK who confirmed that demand was outstripping supply, they offered to pay for my 600 mile service as a gesture of goodwill.

Anyway as it is now February i thought i would chase my dealer again, who said that their system is still showing "understudy" which basically means backorder. They are now doing some more digging to try and find more details out. Another complaining email to Honda UK is looming !!

Hence i was wondering if anybody is ordering the quickshifter and getting a quick delivery?

Cheers

Dave

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
I picked up my bike on 1 September and had the sports pack fitted by the dealer. I remember them saying at the time that the quickshifter was in high demand but my dealer managed to get one and it wasn't an issue. I didn't realise how much of an issue it was until I read a lot on the forum and online about people not being able to get them.

Keep pursuing the dealer and fingers crossed they'll be able to get you one sooner rather than later.

Redline Rossi

CBR650R ABS
Aug 9, 2019
Hampshire
I knew about the "backorder" issue with the quickshifter and questioned it when I took a bike for a test ride. I told the sales rep at Crescent Honda Southampton that I wouldn't buy the bike unless the quickshifter came with it. I must have sounded like a proper diva at the time (honestly, I'm not :angelic:) but thought I would try my luck. He basically said he would do his best to get me one, I had my doubts, but he was true to his word, and he duly delivered. Picked up my bike on September 1st also, with quickshifter attached.

It blows my mind how long this has dragged on for, especially after they have taken customers money for the sports pack. I did hear that there was a product recall on the quickshifters, but never found out if it was true or not.

Hope you get yours soon. If not, at least some answers.

Dave-RB5

CBR650R ABS
Oct 15, 2019
Coming from a manufacturing background i find it hard to hard to believe after the best part of 4 months that demand is outstripping supply still, unless Honda has seriously been let down by a third part supplier for a particular part of the Quickshifter assembly.

Which does lead to the obvious question of is there a fault with it? Which may back-up rumors about a recall, but i have heard nothing.

Dave-RB5

CBR650R ABS
Oct 15, 2019
Latest info from Honda UK:

"Production is restarting at the end of February and first deliveries will be at the beginning of March"

Only a 5-6 month wait 🤬

olifran

CBR650R ABS
Feb 4, 2019
Riding Since
Sorry to resurrect this old post, but did you get the quickshifter? Ive been told back order until middle of July.
I'm tempted to go with the Healtech quickshifter which has better functionality and is cheaper.

Dave-RB5

CBR650R ABS
Oct 15, 2019
No worries, nope I am still waiting for it.

With the Covid lockdown in the UK my dealer has been closed since the middle of March and i believe is due to open next week. I will give them a chase but not expecting any good news to be honest.

wright2565

CBR650F ABS
Apr 17, 2020
Riding Since
That Sucks I would chase them up as soon as you can.

For your information I ordered my CBR650R 28th sept with the sports pack, The dealer did advise me at the time the quick shifter was on back order and I would probably have to wait until my first oil change to have it fitted.

How it turned out the delivery of the bike got delayed for 3 weeks so I didn't get it until the middle of November but by that time the quick shifter had arrived and was installed when I picked it up.

Underworld Taco

CB650R ABS
Mar 23, 2020
Portugal
Riding Since
waited since nov for my quickshifter,today received a call saying they have it finally,trust me,i know the feeling,but i want a quickshifter that actually works well and i know by many ppl,the last one had serious problems,im okay with that wait

Dave-RB5

CBR650R ABS
Oct 15, 2019
Thanks for the info all, sounds like production has started on them again and there beginning to become available again. Time for a call / visit to my dealer now they are open again.

Mind you Honda UK did pay for my 600 mile service as a gesture of good will for the inconvenience, so not all bad.

It would be interesting to know the reason for the lack of availability. I have heard that there was problems with the original version which was why production stopped or the other reason was the company Honda bought them from went bust and they had to find a new source.

Underworld Taco

CB650R ABS
Mar 23, 2020
Portugal
Riding Since
Thanks for the info all, sounds like production has started on them again and there beginning to become available again. Time for a call / visit to my dealer now they are open again.

Mind you Honda UK did pay for my 600 mile service as a gesture of good will for the inconvenience, so not all bad.

It would be interesting to know the reason for the lack of availability. I have heard that there was problems with the original version which was why production stopped or the other reason was the company Honda bought them from went bust and they had to find a new source.
i saw many ppl said they had problems with the quickshifter,but the honda dealer told me yesterday they stopped the production,then corona closed all,and only now they are distributing it.

Goblin

CB650R ABS
Sep 2, 2019
My dealer told me that the quick shifter is coming this month, fingers crossed 🤞

Top Bottom