• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Tyres and pressures?

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Yes,good tires are a must in thailand and yes they give you much confidence as well.As i said,
it is wet season over here now,but most of the the year is dry and they are great in the dry.When
ride to Pai the road has more than 750 bends so tires and brakes are most important.

Thomas

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Apr 8, 2017
Germany
Stock pressure spring/late fall, 33/39 in summer with the M7RRs. Seems about perfect for me.

Graham

CB650F
May 27, 2018
Glasgow, Scotland
My ride came from a Honda main dealer who replaced the OEM Dunlop D222 on the rear with another, since it had worn. Unsure if the Dunlop D222 the dealer put on was OEM or Dunlop (apparently OEM and manufacturers specs for D222 /, in fact tyres generally, differ since manufacturers dictate spec) but as one reviewer put it they were "absurdly sh@@@" . Feedback from rear was awful even in the dry. Upgraded to Michelin Road 5 and they are massively better . Never had PR4's to compare them with but I like the tread free edges. Michelin's thinking was spot on I reckon. I know I , and probably most riders, don't lean much in the wet so why put less rubber/ tread there!

rustyeyed

CBR650F ABS
Oct 14, 2015
United Kingdom
first check if the suspension is to your weight....check "suspension sag". The tyres also are part of the 'suspension'.

Once you have tackled that, adjust the tyre pressure. If what I said don't make sense - stick to OEM tyre pressure.

Rogue

CBR650F ABS
CBR650F
Sep 3, 2017
St Albans, Herts, UK
Tyre's can be quite a personal choice. What suits different riding style (track, "sporty" road riding, commuting) and very importantly, as someone already mentioned, what inspires confidence in the rider is very important.
I'm an all year round commuter and would happily recommend PR4 and the newer Road 5 tyres to anyone. Very confidence inspiring in all road conditions and very good tyre life for "normal" road riding. I had PR4s originally fitted when I bought my CBR650F new in 2017 (didn't even bother finding out what stock tyres were like after terrible experience on previous bike).
PR4's did just under 11k miles before I changed to newer Road 5 tyres. PR4's did perhaps have a little more tread/life left but puncture to rear made me change when I did. So far with a couple of thousand miles done on the Road 5s I can report I am just as happy with them as I was the PR4s

SGT-MANNY

CBR650F
Aug 24, 2018
San Diego, CA, USA
A factor to consider is area and temperatures. Here in San Diego, California, USA, I have been running Michelin Pilot Power 2CT. The difference from stock is amazing and they really stick well.
My second choice was AngelGT and after reading this thread I will most likely give them a try next.

cmaus94

CBR650F ABS
Nov 7, 2018
Hi All...

First time im checking my pressure on the front and rear.. I have the standard Dunlops on.
Im 80kgs and just enjoy a weekend ride.. What PSI should i be running?

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Hi All...

First time im checking my pressure on the front and rear.. I have the standard Dunlops on.
Should be in your owners manual or on a sticker on the swing arm.

Otherwise, 36psi front, 42psi rear is what’s recommended.

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
Hi All...

Don’t know how often you ride but you should be checking tire pressures regularly. I check mine weekly, not because I think they leak but because you never know when you’ve run something over. They are the only things between you and very hard pavement

victorkkq

CBR650F
Oct 30, 2018
My Pirelli Rosso III finally got toasted after 12,000 km. My front tyre still can get another 1,000-2,000 km but I decided to change all together just to "balance" it as I am getting a more "racy profile" tyres.

So I opted the Pirelli Rosso Corsa II (confusing? yea me too.. ;) ) with the aim to achieve easier/faster leaning with racier profile (that is what I made to understand)(same 55). My initial impression is.. IT did!!! I really love the Corsa II cause it wants to lean more compared to the Rosso III. Not sure if my old Rosso III already flatten out but I felt easier to lean now with the new Corsa II.

Lets see how it goes after the breaks in.. Can't wait to go to the twisty roads.. Hope to get 8,000-9,000 km out of this Corsa II..

I think front/back 36/36 psi for me.. Cheers

Update: After the break in mileage, I definitely preferred the Corsa II more than the Rosso III. The Corsa II feels easier to lean and lighter to turn. On higher speed corners I felt more confident with less "bouncy/jiggly", maybe it is the softer carcass construction. Will stick to the Corsa II for sure !

Attachments

• IMG_4832.JPG
    IMG_4832.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

godoy.rafa

CBR650F ABS
Jul 22, 2019
I run 32/36. Japanese bikes always use Max pressure recommendation... Ducatis and other imported recommend lower pressures.

godoy.rafa

CBR650F ABS
Jul 22, 2019
But remember, japanese bikes pressure recommendation is, always, for 2 passengers onboard, not one.
Yes, but they always recommend Max tire pressure, not ideal pressure for pillion. It is different for 2 people with 100 kilos each and luggage, then for 2 people with 60 kilos each and no luggage...

Top Bottom