• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Tyre comparison.

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
Fitted a pair of Pirelli Angel ST'S so I thought I would give you my comparison to D222 front and RS2 rear. This is subjective and my opinion only. I mans meat is another mans poison. I got on very well with the dunlops, I certainly would not remove them until worn out. Good dry grip, good mileage, really good in the wet. About 5-6000 out of the rear. I had good confidence with these tyres. And then we move on and try something different. I am a cheap skate so £177 all in for Pirelli Angel ST I will give it go. The rubber is super soft. Due to the more sports biased profile u turns and slow speed maneuvering was a revelation. The bike is more flickable with better grip. Didn't feel the tread pattern under braking like the dunlops. They heat up quick and run hotter. Compliant with road conditions and marginally better than the dunlops in that respect. All in all a good choice without a doubt. My first Pirelli tyres ever. Wear rate and wet grip to follow. PS I am a Michelin man at heart.

Attachments

• IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 108

Perza

CBR650F
Feb 13, 2018
First of all I ride only in dry weather, like twisties and also do a bit of longer rides. I push my bike fairly hard. No track rides. Stock Dunlops are really shit tires and I have no idea how I managed to stay alive until 4k miles after I swaped them for Bridgestone Battlax s21 tires. Dunlops bared no confidence, slid in corners when you least expected and flicking a bike was a real chore. After the swap the bikes behaviour was changed enormously. It was suddenly leaning without problems, grip was awesome at cornering and feedback was felt. I have to replace them soon since indicators are telling me so and I made about 6k miles on them which I’m really satisfied with. They’re composed of three different sets of rubber - most hard in the middle then soft and very soft on the outer side of tire. My new set will be Mitas Sport Force+ and will try them for a season since my friend praises them and then decide if I’ll stay on Bridgestones. I don’t expect that mileage on them but I’m eager to try them and see how they behave since they are half the price of Bridgestones (£224 and £107)

Last edited:

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
First of all I ride only in dry weather, like twisties and also do a bit of longer rides. I push my bike fairly hard. No track rides. Stock Dunlops are really shit tires and I have no idea how I managed to stay alive until 4k miles after I swaped them for Bridgestone Battlax s21. Dunlops bared no confidence, slid in corners when you least expected and flicking a bike was a real chore. After the swap the bikes behaviour was changed enormously. It was suddenly leaning without problems, grip was awesome at cornering and feedback was felt. I have to replace them soon since indicaters are telling me so and I made about 6k miles on them which I’m really satisfied with. They’re composed of three different sets of rubber - most hard in the middle then soft and very soft on the outer side of tire. My new set will be Mitas Sport Force+ and will try them for a season since my friend praises them and then decide if I’ll stay on Bridgestones. I don’t expect that mileage on them but I’m eager to try them and see how they behave since they are half the price of Bridgestones (£224 and £107)
That's cheap.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
I am still running my metzeler's rodetec 01 for the last 5000km and they are great for wet or dry.Mine you
i haven't seen dry for some time now.This is a picture i took about a hour ago.The tires are not very good when
you run over a snake,as i almost came off after i hit one.I should ride slower in the wet!

1534646722245.png

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
I am still running my metzeler's rodetec 01 for the last 5000km and they are great for wet or dry.Mine you
i haven't seen dry for some time now.This is a picture i took about a hour ago.The tires are not very good when
you run over a snake,as i almost came off after i hit one.I should ride slower in the wet!

View attachment 2166
Metzeler good but not cheap.🤔

ADIOS600

CB650F ABS
May 16, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE
First of all I ride only in dry weather, like twisties and also do a bit of longer rides. I push my bike fairly hard. No track rides. Stock Dunlops are really shit tires and I have no idea how I managed to stay alive until 4k miles after I swaped them for Bridgestone Battlax s21 tires. Dunlops bared no confidence, slid in corners when you least expected and flicking a bike was a real chore. After the swap the bikes behaviour was changed enormously. It was suddenly leaning without problems, grip was awesome at cornering and feedback was felt. I have to replace them soon since indicators are telling me so and I made about 6k miles on them which I’m really satisfied with. They’re composed of three different sets of rubber - most hard in the middle then soft and very soft on the outer side of tire. My new set will be Mitas Sport Force+ and will try them for a season since my friend praises them and then decide if I’ll stay on Bridgestones. I don’t expect that mileage on them but I’m eager to try them and see how they behave since they are half the price of Bridgestones (£224 and £107)
ADIOS600,If you are looking for really cheap but good tire,look no more this is a great tire and
they are in our sizes now.Check them out! I use them on my cbr250r,great in the wet and dry!

https://motorcycle.michelinman.com/US/en/tires/products/pilot-street-radial.html
Thanks for that. I don't think they are up to the pirelli angel specs, do you.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Thanks for that. I don't think they are up to the pirelli angel specs, do you.

Check out the price.They are not as good as the pirelli angel but they are a good tire
they grip the road much better that the dunlops d222 and the wear rate is good too.
So if you are cheap get these tires and you will be happy.

Sunde

CB650F ABS
Jun 2, 2018
Denmark - Århus
I'v been running S21's the last 5000 kilometres, been really pleased with them, they stick like glue and really inspire confidence. You can get some very serious lean angles going without having to worry. They dont seem to be wearing out very fast, i'll definitly get another 5000 out of them before the middle part might flatten out too much. Probably more than that honestly.

Perza

CBR650F
Feb 13, 2018
So I did about 500 miles (1k km) on my new Mitas Sportforce +, previous tires were Bridgestone S21s and the first thing I noticed was how silent these tires are compared to Bridgestones. S21s were really loud on some tipes of pavement, Mitas are practically silent everywhere. Probably attributed to the thread design. A big plus for Mitas. Next thing I noticed was how quicker the bike leans. I really like to flick my bike around as quickly as possible and Mitas also wins here. When I first replaced oem Dunlops 222 for S21, the bike really became a joy to flick around, Mitas took that a level higher. The tires were a bit slippy on the sides for about 60 miles (100km) which I contribute to a bit of "burn in" needed, after that they sticked like glue to the edge in every corner I took, no problems whatsoever. So far I like them better than S21s and remember, these are 160$ (140€) tires. I hope they last but realistically I don't expect them to exceed 4000 miles or my previous S21s with which I made 5600 miles (9k km).

Attached picture = rear Mitas tire after fitting and a few miles:

Attachments

• 76E5EE96-CBF2-4765-9913-7E7105BB87D9.jpeg
    76E5EE96-CBF2-4765-9913-7E7105BB87D9.jpeg
    623.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Paul Wolf

CBR650F
Aug 24, 2017
Israel
So I did about 500 miles (1k km) on my new Mitas Sportforce +, previous tires were Bridgestone S21s and the first thing I noticed was how silent these tires are compared to Bridgestones. S21s were really loud on some tipes of pavement, Mitas are practically silent everywhere. Probably attributed to the thread design. A big plus for Mitas. Next thing I noticed was how quicker the bike leans. I really like to flick my bike around as quickly as possible and Mitas also wins here. When I first replaced oem Dunlops 222 for S21, the bike really became a joy to flick around, Mitas took that a level higher. The tires were a bit slippy on the sides for about 60 miles (100km) which I contribute to a bit of "burn in" needed, after that they sticked like glue to the edge in every corner I took, no problems whatsoever. So far I like them better than S21s and remember, these are 160$ (140€) tires. I hope they last but realistically I don't expect them to exceed 4000 miles or my previous S21s with which I made 5600 miles (9k km).

Attached picture = rear Mitas tire after fitting and a few miles:
I'm on the Stock Dunlop tires (Im not liking them at all in the grip arena..) please keep us updated with the Mitas. My "advanced Riding" instructor and all his colleagues told me to go for the s21, but those Mitas sound interesting.

Hottep6153

CB650F ABS
Apr 10, 2019
Germany
On my former CB650F ive changed the Dunlop D214 with Metzeler Roadtec Z8. After that Change my Bike feels like another Bike! With the Dunlops i felt complete unsave and slippery. Especially by wet conditions. But on dry i didnt trust the Dunlops too.

My new CBR650R sadly comes with these Donlops D214 too. But i told my Dealer and he will change the Dunlops into Michelin Road5 when my bikes arrives.
With the Dunlops i want not drive a single Meter again ;)
I hope i get it next Week, so i will report how works the Michelin Road 5 on the new Honda.

fnation25

CBR650R ABS
Dec 17, 2018
I already swapped my tires on the CBR650R for the S22 and OMG what a difference. Just so you guys know, I got the tires slipping about 5 times with those d214 from Thailand.

Sunde

CB650F ABS
Jun 2, 2018
Denmark - Århus
I already swapped my tires on the CBR650R for the S22 and OMG what a difference. Just so you guys know, I got the tires slipping about 5 times with those d214 from Thailand.
S22's rock, had the 21's before did 14000kms on those, could have handled a bit more, but meh. Got on the 22's which are just slightly better in every way. Neat!

Paul Wolf

CBR650F
Aug 24, 2017
Israel
ok, got my Mitas Sportforce+ as I couldn't wait for winter anymore, the grip of the Stock Dunlop D214 was getting so bad, literally almost fell in a building parking lot at 0 kph. Also there was a "buy the back tire get the front for free" deal this week :).
I can only tell about the trip from the garage to home which included a little city road and a little highway (smith like 10 km) . I still need to get use to them, the feeling is different, I can suddenly feel the road with the front one. its crazy, as if I rode blind before, no feedback at all in the stock ones. This is crazy.. ill update when I get a few km's on them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 6.09.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 6.09.48 PM.png
    966.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 6.10.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 6.10.26 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 6.10.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 6.10.44 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 6.10.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 6.10.02 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 69

nukldrgr

CB650F
Mar 12, 2020
Riding Since

Happy to hear I'm not the only one to dislike these tires . Just got my cb650f and after putting 1000km on I'm convinced I need to ditch these tires...

Karu

CBR650R ABS
Jul 21, 2020
Riding Since
I also do not like very much the Dunlop D214 tires on my bike but I will probably do 5,000km before I change them.
I had Bridgestone Battlax on my previous bike and they were much better in terms of grip.

nukldrgr

CB650F
Mar 12, 2020
Riding Since
Happy to hear I'm not the only one to dislike these tires . Just got my cb650f and after putting 1000km on I'm convinced I need to ditch these tires...

So An Update ... Bought a Pirelli Diablo rosso 3 for the rear and problem solved. The bike changed from sketchy while on the throttle in corners to a cornering beast. Its definitely the best money spent so far even if I did replace a tire with life still left on it. I would so recommend this to anyone else considering getting something else in place of the factory dunlops. Also nothing but good to say for the rosso 3

Attachments

• rosso3 tire.jpg
    rosso3 tire.jpg
    910 KB · Views: 46
Top Bottom