• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R Top Speed CBR650R unrestricted

Vector

CBR650R ABS
Aug 14, 2018
Interesting video, not my favorite style of riding but I see the attraction.

Too bad it was almost impossible to read the speedo due to the glare. Couple times I saw in the 230 something range but couldn’t make out anything else.

Be safe!!!
Yeah i have no idea of video editing and probably also messed up the gopro settings.

Nithesh

MotoGP
Apr 5, 2014
India
This dude got 84.27hp at the rear wheel with a cheap exhaust and a tuneup, that's nearly 100hp at the crank assuming a 15% drivetrain loss.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Hey Vector,Try doing top speed in thailand during Songkron [ it's our new years] everybody gets wet and many die.
It happens every year and last for a week.It is so hot,every day over 100f for weeks with no rain insight.But it can be alot of fun too.

1555289959810.png

Vector

CBR650R ABS
Aug 14, 2018
Hey Vector,Try doing top speed in thailand during Songkron [ it's our new years] everybody gets wet and many die.
It happens every year and last for a week.It is so hot,every day over 100f for weeks with no rain insight.But it can be alot of fun too.

View attachment 2970
I was in Bangkok once during August. That was already hot enough. Wearing proper gear must be quite close to torturing yourself :D
The picture looks like a lot of fun, but I'm not sure how to feel about the dying part.
I'll stay in Germany I think... Yesterday it snowed :D

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Yes in august it's not so hot here,and wearing full gear is something i always do but a water vest does help.I use my car
a lot during songkron because it's just too dangerous, 2 years ago i got hit in the head and neck doing about 90kph with
a bucket of water,not good water very dirty water from a river,and it had small stones in it.Besides almost braking my
neck i had to get a new visor for my shoei helmet.Enjoy the snow!!!

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Wet t-shirt? Try wet everything!!! This video was in mandalay burma last year.Very nice place ,like thailand they all go crazy
this time of the year.If you live in south-east asia yor going to get wet

Last edited:

EnglishBikerDan

CB650R
Mar 27, 2019
Surrey
Not the case with the CB though - on the naked you just have to make do with just those standard 94 horses :)

Is there any actual proof of this? Both bikes have the same engine, make the same power and are essentially, identical from all but an aesthetic point of view. The CBR is 5Kg heavier than the naked version though. I remember hearing about this extra 5bhp on some bike video but it's not mentioned anywhere else or on Honda's own websites.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Some Honda reps have mentioned in interviews that the CBR has twin RAM air ducts which, under high speeds, add extra compression to the air intake, making the engine slightly more efficient. The CB's air intakes differ from the CBR's. This is only true for the R models though.

Hottep6153

CB650F ABS
Apr 10, 2019
Germany
EnglishBikerDan @EnglishBikerDan

Jerry is right. The CBR650R has new air intakes. The air is compressed up to three times more compare to the CB650R. But this effect will only happened under high speed and will generate about 5% Extrapower. It was confirmed by Honda Officials

Attachments

• 2019 Honda CB650R and CBR650R Review_129.jpg
    2019 Honda CB650R and CBR650R Review_129.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Nithesh

MotoGP
Apr 5, 2014
India
yep i had posted the graph of cb and cbr with boost. The ram air on the fully faired CBR is 5% more efficient than the naked.

Last edited:

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I would prefer buy 2 better older 600f4i with the cash 😂
They’re not better, they’re different.

My dad has an ‘05 F4i that I’ve ridden extensively. I’ve also owned/ridden/raced the original Hurricane, F2, F3, F4, F4i, the original RR, gen 2, gen 3 and latest version. The 650 is a different beast all together, but very much in the vein of an F4 and F4i. However, the chassis is much better on the 650, it handles crisper, feels tighter and much more compact all the while feeling comfier than an F4i with Helibars. The motor also has a much better feel and more grunt than an F4i. The F4i has adjustable suspension but the shock especially isn’t anything special, though the forks do feel better when pushed. They are surprisingly close for an ‘02 designed model vs. a ‘14 design, but the 650 is an overall better streetbike, no question about that.

Don’t get hung up on spec, adjustable is only better if it needs adjusting and peak horsepower is almost never used unless you are on a racetrack everyday. The R may be “better” on paper but I would have killed to be 23 years old and on a ‘17 650F, and I think blind testing would have a lot of people picking the F over the R. Your bike will do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you could ever want a motorcycle to do, keep that in mind.

At this point in my life I could own and ride whatever I want (within reason, if course!!) and chose to own a 650F for 3 years and currently ride a 110hp streetbike and 120hp tourer.

Wonder why............

Drewster123

CBR650F ABS
Feb 16, 2018
Well I'm very happy to hear that . I must admit I do get to hung up on specs it would be nice try one of them bikes myself to compare.

Just looking back 20 years ago and seeing a extra 20hp less weight cartridge suspension. 4 pot brakes . ... makes me abit miffed.

Last edited:

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Hey Guys,Maybe we should slow down some,top speed on any road can end up in death.This just happen in

thailand on a R1 going 264km/ph i think in bangkok. Which ended in the riders death.What went wrong in the video???

Last edited:
Top Bottom