• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F Tip, Lowering CBR650F Watch out for Horn and bottoming out.

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
Hello,

For people lowering the CBR650F, I have lowered it by 25 MM from stock.
If I try to do a endo, slam on the brakes and bottoming out the fork, I would hear a banging noise.

It was the horn hitting the front fender. I ended up moving (Pointing) the horn upwards and some extra washers to fix it.

The horn has a small little metal bracket the size of your pinky finger nail, which you don't need, cause it causes the horn to point downwards, that's why I used extra washers to replace it.

I have about 20mm left in the fork if I choose to lower some more, but so far it's working for me. I also have Ohlin springs installed the FSK105 model, so if you have stock Honda suspension, my numbers MAY NOT apply to you.

Max compression for the fork on Honda's Canadian website shows 120MM, other sites show 108mm, so be careful how low you want to go.

I think the 108MM is with the fork dust seal installed.

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
I use the t-Rex kit for rear. For the front I unscrewed the forks and lowered it.

fofoz6

CB650F ABS
Jul 12, 2018
Can you post a picture of the T-Rex lowering kit installed? Did you cut the rear tire hugger?

Did you install the adjustable kickstand? How much does the bike lean to the left? I lowered the front fork like an inch and adjusted the preload of the rear shock to the softest setting, but my bike was almost in a vertical position... so I'm curious about that adjustable kickstand.

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
I know the last post was nearly a year ago but I would be interested if there are any pictures of the lowering kit as installed and would like to know how the handling and suspension is affected .

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
I know the last post was nearly a year ago but I would be interested if there are any pictures of the lowering kit as installed and would like to know how the handling and suspension is affected .

I will take a picture out in the sun, when I get the chance.

Top Bottom