• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R Keeping the bikes clean

JasCBR650R

CBR650R
Jun 12, 2020
Riding Since
Hi All,

What products do people use to keep their bikes clean - I've just ordered a few Muc-off products! They've got a few good bundles on offer atm. Would be good to know what everyone else uses too!

Jas

User26

CBR650R ABS
Aug 8, 2019
Riding Since
Hi All,

What products do people use to keep their bikes clean - I've just ordered a few Muc-off products! They've got a few good bundles on offer atm. Would be good to know what everyone else uses too!

Jas
I have the same color bike as you.

I use only water to wash the bike, no soap.
My dealer recommended this, as using products can cause the matte paint to lose its matte effect.

Apart from that, I use the S100 Matt Wax spray. It's pretty easy to keep the bike clean like this.

And ofcourse chain cleaner for the chain, also S100.

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
I use Muc-off chain cleaner (actually did a full chain clean and lube the other day) and rate it. I just sprayed it on, agitated it with a chain brush and spray a bit more on to rinse it off. Wipe it clean with an old t-shirt or towel and job done. Came out looking great.

IMG_6786 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

Dontpush

CB650R ABS
Mar 8, 2020
Riding Since
DuPont Teflon Chain-Saver Dry Self-Cleaning Lubricant for the chain. It's almost magical how long this keeps the chain clean.

I don't have a hose so I have been using Griot Garage waterless/spray-on car wash. It's a bit messy + uses a lot of old cloth because you are wiping the dirt off manually but I'd rather do that than subject it to a pressurized nozzle at a car wash.

Anyone have recommendations to keep the rims clean? They get caked over so quickly feels like they never stay shiny.

Dankotaru

CBR650R ABS
Jul 5, 2019
7000' ASL, USA
I wash my bike with the same soap I use to wash my cars and trucks. I also have used the Honda clean and polish spray can, but I don't like it very much because it leaves a film on the paint that's hard to wipe dry without swirls. After washing with the auto wash, I put a coat of Meguiars Synthetic X-Press wax on the fairings and paint, and Motul spray or silicone spray on the forks and rear shock to keep dirt/salt from sticking.

Top Bottom