• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R I can't find the USB-C under the seat of my brand new CB650R 2021!?

Jusumoner

CB650R ABS
Mar 28, 2021
Riding Since
Just received my cb650r 2021 abs today and I can't seem to find where is the STANDART usb-c under the seat.
Looked for a few minutes now and I don't see any connector or usb.
Is it a option or just missing on my bike, maybe I'm just blind?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

ItsMeDavid

CB650F
Feb 2, 2021
Riding Since
I'm interested in this as well, I was under the impression that it's under the rider seat, but I haven't pulled it off to take a look.
But I will this evening.

Jusumoner

CB650R ABS
Mar 28, 2021
Riding Since
I'm interested in this as well, I was under the impression that it's under the rider seat, but I haven't pulled it off to take a look.
But I will this evening.
I've searched around and apparently Canadian models don't get it, only European models have it at standard!

slongChez

CB650R ABS
Mar 1, 2021
San Diego, CA
Riding Since
Well that's a bummer, I had the seats off over the weekend and didn't see it either. Didn't really look for it though, as I was just disconnecting the battery.

JH09

CB650R ABS
Jul 29, 2020
Riding Since
huh. wonder if there is an empty clip on the NA model and you just need the USB part. wonder why honda would not just put it on all models...🤔

we have thirsty cell phones to charge too!

slongChez

CB650R ABS
Mar 1, 2021
San Diego, CA
Riding Since
huh. wonder if there is an empty clip on the NA model and you just need the USB part. wonder why honda would not just put it on all models...🤔

we have thirsty cell phones to charge too!
I did see a little rubber cover over two plugs under the seat that are just sitting there. I'm guessing one of those is what will be used for the USB-C. I'd have to check it out and pop open the caps on them.

fate11

CB650R ABS
Apr 6, 2021
Riding Since
I have a 2021 CB and the North American models do not have the USB-C connector nor do they have the emergency stop signal(flashing brake light under hard braking). Pretty disappointing as these are standard on Euro models.
Under the throttle side tail cover there is an accessory plug but the only available Honda accessory is a cigarette type socket. ACCESSORY SOCKET Part # 08U70-MKN-D50

You could probably source the usb-c plug from Europe if you really wanted too. The Europeans get more accessories even have different packages available for purchase. They can be found on the UK Honda site. Wish Honda was more invested in here in NA.

slongChez

CB650R ABS
Mar 1, 2021
San Diego, CA
Riding Since
I have a 2021 CB and the North American models do not have the USB-C connector nor do they have the emergency stop signal(flashing brake light under hard braking). Pretty disappointing as these are standard on Euro models.
Under the throttle side tail cover there is an accessory plug but the only available Honda accessory is a cigarette type socket. ACCESSORY SOCKET Part # 08U70-MKN-D50

You could probably source the usb-c plug from Europe if you really wanted too. The Europeans get more accessories even have different packages available for purchase. They can be found on the UK Honda site. Wish Honda was more invested in here in NA.
Yeah, it's always disappointing to see we get less of the packages and options for our Moto's here. I would've loved the other color options for the CB also, but of course we only get one.

Dondons

CB650F ABS
Apr 26, 2021
Riding Since

Hi, its not that they are more invested in EU market compared to USA/CAN. It will be to do with legislation and laws. I work for a car manufacturer and there are different laws all over the world for vehicles, some quite strange, but have to be adhered to! hence the differences.

Top Bottom