• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

How To Adjust Preload, Rebound and Compression

Jayzep

CBR650R ABS
Oct 27, 2021
Riding Since
How’s it going everyone. Today I’m opening a discussion on Hondas claim that the Showa SFF-BP forks on 2021+ year model CBR650R are fully adjustable.

I’m sure most of us think they aren’t adjustable at all, but when I thought I could remember reading somewhere that they were adjustable I went searching!

Now on Hondas website, they are marketed with a paragraph talking about their new suspension and how they are adjustable

Here it is:

SHOWA SFF-BP FRONT SUSPENSION
The Showa Separate Function Fork Big Piston unit
(SFF-BP) gives you great handling and precise
steering, with reduced weight, superior rigidity, and
excellent overall performance. Plus it is adjustable
for spring preload, rebound and compression
damping.”

So confirming that Honda claim they are fully adjustable, how do we actually adjust them? So far I have had no luck searching anywhere online of anyone doing this or talking about it. Is Honda lying?

Attachments

• 07619831-1CBE-4994-9CEA-76F104884171.jpeg
    07619831-1CBE-4994-9CEA-76F104884171.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 51

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
How’s it going everyone. Today I’m opening a discussion on Hondas claim that the Showa SFF-BP forks on 2021+ year model CBR650R are fully adjustable.

I’m sure most of us think they aren’t adjustable at all, but when I thought I could remember reading somewhere that they were adjustable I went searching!

Now on Hondas website, they are marketed with a paragraph talking about their new suspension and how they are adjustable

Here it is:

SHOWA SFF-BP FRONT SUSPENSION
The Showa Separate Function Fork Big Piston unit
(SFF-BP) gives you great handling and precise
steering, with reduced weight, superior rigidity, and
excellent overall performance. Plus it is adjustable
for spring preload, rebound and compression
damping.”

So confirming that Honda claim they are fully adjustable, how do we actually adjust them? So far I have had no luck searching anywhere online of anyone doing this or talking about it. Is Honda lying?
That is a misprint, they are non-adjustable on the 650R. We’ve discussed this before.

Top Bottom