• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Gear Ear Plugs

Underworld Taco

CB650R ABS
Mar 23, 2020
Portugal
Riding Since
Searched for a post about it and couldnt find it, I think it’s time to decide use some ears plugs before the wind takes the win, anyone have a good review/feedback from any, my goal is to block the wind without sacrifice much the speakers sound, since I can’t ride without music anymore, all opinions are appreciated

Tugz

MrFritz86

CB650R
Sep 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
I personally only use these now.

Amazon product

My Cardo Freecom Plus has a standard 3.5mm jack and I just connect these once the helmet is already on, tuck the cable behind the helmet inside the liner.

otherwise I use these, when using the Speakers inside the helmet. Even if the speakers are pretty big and loud (JBL) and very close to my ears, the sound is in somehow compromised.

Amazon product

Brammers

CBR650F ABS
Staff
May 30, 2014
Hampshire, England
I like "Auritech"... They block a lot of wind noise, but still let you hear music and speech.

EarPeace are also pretty good... They're my backup set.

J

Last edited:

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Searched for a post about it and couldnt find it, I think it’s time to decide use some ears plugs before the wind takes the win, anyone have a good review/feedback from any, my goal is to block the wind without sacrifice much the speakers sound, since I can’t ride without music anymore, all opinions are appreciated

Tugz
I have a set of these on each bike:

Have been working great for me now for a few seasons.

JRinKtown

CB650F
Jun 30, 2019
Best IMO are custom plugs made to fit your ears by a hearing clinic. Costs more, but they work great, and fit flush with your ears so no interference putting a helmet on. They can create different types according to what you want to block and what you want to retain.

User18

CB650R ABS
Jan 29, 2020
I use Sony WI-C310 with a bluetooth connection. Function perfectly, with a full charge they can last until the end of the day, no matter how long. The sound is perfect for me, they are not bass-heavy headphones. I can also control the volume while driving. Price is great for the quality, have been around for a while. Don't bother me in any way under my helmet. I don't want to miss it.

Underworld Taco

CB650R ABS
Mar 23, 2020
Portugal
Riding Since
Thank u all for the replies and feedbacks, now gotta research about those and see which one fits my weirdly shaped ear channel xD, about bluetooth earphones, its illegal in Portugal and police really dont like it so no chance for me

Landy

CBR650R ABS
Sep 23, 2020
Riding Since
Check eBay for some 3M ultra fit corded plugs. Cheap as chips compared to the other custom made plugs and equally effective.
Better is to buy a selection of industrial ear plugs and decide which work best for you.
Protect your hearing when people seem to mumble it’s you not them!

JH09

CB650R ABS
Jul 29, 2020
Riding Since
i had pinlock which were fine, but lost one bc they are black. then got the nonoise which are snugger and seem to block out a bit more wind while letting also conversation happen when off the bike. plus they are orange and have the nice keychain case.

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
I finally found some earplugs that I like and that like me! I lost one of my PINLOCKs taking my helmet off a few weeks ago and went on a search for a suitable replacement. I watched several video reviews on YT (two I will post) and ordered both the Decibullz and the MotoSafe.

The Decibullz are exactly as advertised, but I cannot wear them with two of my helmets, as the plug on the outside pulls them out when trying to put the helmet on. They are great if you can get a helmet on w/o disturbing them.

The MotoSafe are amazing. They are theoretically disposable, but at the price point I’m good with 100 uses. Work with every helmet I own and perform like they should. Money well spent from Amazon….

E7220F4C-8F7D-4E69-A967-6BE1B956B1E6.jpeg

Last edited:

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I finally found some earplugs that I like and that like me! I lost one of my PINLOCKs taking my helmet off a few weeks ago and went on a search for a suitable replacement. I watched several video reviews on YT (two I will post) and ordered both the Decibullz and the MotoSafe.

The Devibullz are exactly as advertised, but I cannot wear them with two of my helmets, as the plug on the outside pulls them out when trying to put the helmet on. They are great if you can get a helmet on w/o disturbing them.

The MotoSafe are amazing. They are theoretically disposable, but at the price point I’m good with 100 uses. Work with every helmet I own and perform like they should. Money well spent from Amazon….

View attachment 11300

Ordered some Motosafe Pros which contain both the Race and tour version. I’ll give them a shot this spring, thanks!!!

Karbyn_Blak

CBR650F ABS
Apr 6, 2022
Canberra, Australia
Riding Since

The Decibullz are exactly as advertised, but I cannot wear them with two of my helmets, as the plug on the outside pulls them out when trying to put the helmet on. They are great if you can get a helmet on w/o disturbing them.

I just bought some Motosafe Race earplugs and tested them on the way back from the store. They're AMAZING!! Block out 90% of the wind noise but can still hear the bike and cars around me!!

Thanks for the suggestion mate!

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Ordered some Motosafe Pros which contain both the Race and tour version. I’ll give them a shot this spring, thanks!!!
I’ll reply to myself here but baugustine @baugustine is the real hero.

I never thought I’d find a better earplug than the Vibes I had been using for several years but I now have around 500 miles or so using the Alpine Motosafe Pros and they are amazing motorcycle earplugs so much I’ve now bought 3 sets of them: one in each road bike and a “spare” set when I’m riding one of the others.

Great earplugs, block what you don’t want, keep what you do, comfortable to wear, easy to insert, great all around earplug. Highly recommended!!!

Cláudio Nogueira

CB650R ABS
Jan 26, 2022
Portugal
Riding Since
I’ll reply to myself here but baugustine @baugustine is the real hero.

I never thought I’d find a better earplug than the Vibes I had been using for several years but I now have around 500 miles or so using the Alpine Motosafe Pros and they are amazing motorcycle earplugs so much I’ve now bought 3 sets of them: one in each road bike and a “spare” set when I’m riding one of the others.

Great earplugs, block what you don’t want, keep what you do, comfortable to wear, easy to insert, great all around earplug. Highly recommended!!!
I'll reply just to get feedback on the subject.
This is what I'm looking for, selective plugs that are permeable to harmless frequencies that we need to keep earing.
Thanks!

Brian C.

CBR650R ABS
Nov 26, 2021
Northwich
Riding Since
It may be I am the only one who didn't already know this, but here goes!
My Ear plugs have never felt that good in terms of noise reduction, I fit them and as soon as my helmet goes on I feel the "dislodge". I know I should use them, but frankly wasn't sure there was a benefit. Then a random post on Facebook tells me to use my free hand to pull the ear up and back while inserting to straighten the Ear Canal.
What a Difference!
1658310581742.png
Mine don't actually have tabs, so I ignore that bit, but the rest is Gold! Sorry if I am preaching to the converted here, but it made so much difference for me, I had to pass it on!

Cláudio Nogueira

CB650R ABS
Jan 26, 2022
Portugal
Riding Since
Hello.

I just got a pair of these;

They came with a transportation pouch and an applicator to ease insertion in ear canal.
Very comfortable and effective. Wind noise is supressed efficiently and I can still ear around me. Funny is that now I can ear the engine at high speeds, where the wind noise was not allowing it anymore.
My first impression is very positive.

Karbyn_Blak

CBR650F ABS
Apr 6, 2022
Canberra, Australia
Riding Since
It may be I am the only one who didn't already know this, but here goes!
My Ear plugs have never felt that good in terms of noise reduction, I fit them and as soon as my helmet goes on I feel the "dislodge". I know I should use them, but frankly wasn't sure there was a benefit. Then a random post on Facebook tells me to use my free hand to pull the ear up and back while inserting to straighten the Ear Canal.
What a Difference!

Mine don't actually have tabs, so I ignore that bit, but the rest is Gold! Sorry if I am preaching to the converted here, but it made so much difference for me, I had to pass it on!
If you breathe some hot air on them before you insert them, they'll fit nice a snug without any issues 😊

Top Bottom