• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650Fs can I use mirror from cbr1000rr to cbr650f?

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
You might also want to try these guys. I just ordered a set for my 600RR (one that is a direct swap) and the quality is great. About to install today. They are close in size to the ones on the 650, but the stem is a tad shorter. The universal one may work:

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
So l'll give you a little history of my time with this modification attempt. I first purchased ZX10RR 2019 mirrors In attempt to install them onto my CBR650R and it worked kinda. I never connected it since l ran into an issue before that, the mounting holes were too spaced apart to go into our bike, now l could have drilled it but honestly l didn't love the look like l wanted it to be and also it would have been a really annoying job. So l purchased CBR1000RR 2019 mirrors in attempt to install them, however what you must realise is that the CBR1000RR mirrors slot into holes pre drilled to the fairing and a nut goes underneath and secures it. Which for one our bike doesn't do since we put a bolt in from above for our fairing! Now that sucks but my thought was l would just fold the mirror, revealing the mirror bolt and drill it out, in turn just putting a stock nut in and screwing it onto the bike and then un folding the mirror but that also doesn't work, since the mirror won't fold unless attached onto a CBR1000RR fairing because the mechanism is only unlocked when slotted into the groove. That all sucks and l am trying to find a work around which l'll probably post here when l figure it out but till then man just know it won't work.

I'll attach some of the ZX10RR mirror setup and issues l had. If you have any more questions feel free to message me, l have the CBR1000RR mirrors still and have been trying to find a way to fold them so if you have advice or tips send em through.

Attachments

• IMG_8483.png
    IMG_8483.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8496.PNG
    IMG_8496.PNG
    4.9 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9311.JPG
    IMG_9311.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 86

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
Look at the pre 2017 redesign 1000RR mirrors if you want a pretty much bolt on solution.

That isn't a bolt on situation as well. The 2017 pre still has the bolts spaced 0.5mm further apart as well as them being different sizes and not going down into the fairing but secured using a nut going into it!

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
That isn't a bolt on situation as well. The 2017 pre still has the bolts spaced 0.5mm further apart as well as them being different sizes and not going down into the fairing but secured using a nut going into it!
Pretty sure I linked this all one time before, but:

650F mirrors will fit on an RR and vice versa (I swapped them when I owned both bikes) so anything that will fit a 600RR will/should fit on a 650F. I also believe, but have not tested, the R and F mirrors are interchangeable base wise.

Here is a link to bolt on 1000RR mirrors for a 600RR:

At one time, Tripage sold the bases separately if you had your own mirrors which were modified to fit better on the 600. So either buy these and bolt on or “pretty much” bolt on if you drill the holes out a bit and/or Dremel out 1/4” on either side.

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
Pretty sure I linked this all one time before, but:

650F mirrors will fit on an RR and vice versa (I swapped them when I owned both bikes) so anything that will fit a 600RR will/should fit on a 650F. I also believe, but have not tested, the R and F mirrors are interchangeable base wise.

Here is a link to bolt on 1000RR mirrors for a 600RR:

At one time, Tripage sold the bases separately if you had your own mirrors which were modified to fit better on the 600. So either buy these and bolt on or “pretty much” bolt on if you drill the holes out a bit and/or Dremel out 1/4” on either side.

Yeah l do recall the thread you posted. But tripage obviously modifies their 1000RR mirrors (which also they don't do the new style one). I was trying to explain that the stock OEM ones for the 1000 won't just work out the box. Yes the 600RR ones do fit but their fairing is a lot smoother than the 650R ones so even if you did buy the tripage ones for 600RR you could run into fitment issues with the 650R. I'm actually talking with tripage to have a way that people who want the 1000RR ones on a 650R can just say my name to them and be able to get the ones l am picking up with them.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I'm actually talking with tripage to have a way that people who want the 1000RR ones on a 650R can just say my name to them and be able to get the ones l am picking up with them.
Great!!! They are a good company, glad you’re working with them to give people another option.

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
Great!!! They are a good company, glad you’re working with them to give people another option.

Yeah man it'll be nice to have it work. Sadly Tripage is a little iffy about understanding my ideals of not drilling out my stock mirror mount and just having the baseplate fixed like a 600rr but to just be flush on the fairing of a 650R. Hopefully after I get it working l can tell everyone here the mod steps.

Reactions: Ive
Top Bottom