• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R Budget options for adding a little seat height?

takenji1989

CBR650R ABS
Feb 6, 2024
Riding Since
Hello everyone. I've really enjoyed riding my '23 CBR650R, but I feel like I could use maybe 1-2" of extra seat height for my long legs. I've already put on adjustable rearsets and have them at their lowest and rearmost adjustment, but I need just a little more. Any suggestions that don't involve buying a completely new seat?

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Hello everyone. I've really enjoyed riding my '23 CBR650R, but I feel like I could use maybe 1-2" of extra seat height for my long legs. I've already put on adjustable rearsets and have them at their lowest and rearmost adjustment, but I need just a little more. Any suggestions that don't involve buying a completely new seat?

Or take your seat to an upholstery shop to get it redone. Not a ton of options besides a new seat, I’m afraid.

JDude

CB650R ABS
May 20, 2020
Ottawa
Riding Since
Mike is on the money, I went with a wild ass classic after trying the wild ass gel and air hawk ds. I also wanted the height and have found no issue moving around when cornering and enjoy it soaking up bumps.

Also about your foot pegs, I did a search but couldn’t find it. On this forum several riders have created extensions to lower their stock foot pegs / rear sets to achieve more leg room. I’m not sure if that would work with the Sato’s you’ve installed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom