• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

CB650F Bikes new exhaust

shinyballs

CB650F
Apr 27, 2019
New exhaust posts require a video with sound of a few seconds idling and three or four blips of the throttle to know how it sounds. High speed flybys are optional but most appreciated. :headphone:

JH09

CB650R ABS
Jul 29, 2020
Riding Since
+1 to above. before and after sounds are great too. you know, now that you are all done...:rolleyes:

Gixerste

CB650F ABS
Sep 3, 2020
Riding Since
Tried to attach video but wouldn't work properly šŸ¤Ø

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
SP Exhaust 1st start up

Fingers crossed 1st video uplink :)
Sounds good!!!

Iā€™d be cautious if you ride aggressively leaning on that right side, that pipe looks like itā€™s much lower than the footpegs feelers, until you get a feel where it sticks out. Iā€˜d hate to see you go down because the pipe unloaded the rear of the bike in a corner and you lost traction.

Gixerste

CB650F ABS
Sep 3, 2020
Riding Since
If you check these 2 photos out the 2 exhausts look about the same 20210116_165920.jpg

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Look at your first pic with the new exhaust, right where the shiny reflection is on your swingarm. Stock is a point there and tapers up into the swingarm and towards the center of the bike, yours goes down from there.

Iā€˜m just saying what I see from a pic; without being there in person it looks like itā€™s far lower and would hit in a tight corner. But you know your bike far better than I do and can see it, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Alejandro'sCB650R

CB650R
Jan 21, 2021
Riding Since
If you check these 2 photos out the 2 exhausts look about the same View attachment 9571
Did you have to take it to a muffler shop or was it a diy job? I can't seem to find a way to do it myself on my CB650R and the setup looks the same as yours. I've purchased a slip-on ARROW exhaust. Could you let me know how yours got installed. Thanks in advance

Gixerste

CB650F ABS
Sep 3, 2020
Riding Since
Did you have to take it to a muffler shop or was it a diy job? I can't seem to find a way to do it myself on my CB650R and the setup looks the same as yours. I've purchased a slip-on ARROW exhaust. Could you let me know how yours got installed. Thanks in advance
Hi mine is a full system complete with new down pipes you'd have to do a bit of cutting and welding to fit a slip on as the original exhaust is a one peice item

Gixerste

CB650F ABS
Sep 3, 2020
Riding Since
Look at your first pic with the new exhaust, right where the shiny reflection is on your swingarm. Stock is a point there and tapers up into the swingarm and towards the center of the bike, yours goes down from there.

Iā€˜m just saying what I see from a pic; without being there in person it looks like itā€™s far lower and would hit in a tight corner. But you know your bike far better than I do and can see it, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
Hi Mike no offence taken it was a valid point you raised, its tucked in a bit as well (see attached photo) so should be ok, besides I'm probabley a full seasons riding away from touching the sissy pegs down šŸ˜„. I'll might have a play around with it over the next couple of weeks to see if I can get it a bit higher šŸ§ 20210111_125027.jpg

Top Bottom