• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Bagster seat?

Tris

CBR650F ABS
Aug 21, 2016
Altrincham, UK
Hi - anybody got the bagster seat or had one custom made by bagster?

Trying to find out if the standard one is compatible with the Honda seat cowl?

I found a thread on the old site, but despite LOTS of people asking, the question remains unanswered AFAICT:

http://motorforums.co.uk/650fforum/threads/upgraded-my-seat-today-way-more-comfortable.821/

Alternatively I'm thinking of getting a custom one made (from bagster) using different colours to simulate the cowl - anybody done this? Would you recommend? Their site is pretty rubbish and hardly anything works. I'm after a complete seat replacement including base, not getting current one modded.

Tris

CBR650F ABS
Aug 21, 2016
Altrincham, UK
Now that could be awesome if done well. Very interesting. If you go for that, pictures would be much appreciated.
I went through the 'design your own seat' process on the bagster site. Unfortunately at the end after giving me a bespoke invoice, it then said to give the invoice to one of their distributors who would then make up the seat for me. As none of the distributors are in the UK, I've decided not to progress this option.

Instead I've just bought the 'standard off-the-shelve' bagster seat from Motea.

BillR

Amateur
May 31, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Tris, thanks for the response. The stock seat is a little uncomfortable imo so that might do the trick.
Can you post a pic of your bike with the seat when you get it?

cheers

Tris

CBR650F ABS
Aug 21, 2016
Altrincham, UK
Tris, thanks for the response. The stock seat is a little uncomfortable imo so that might do the trick.
Can you post a pic of your bike with the seat when you get it?

cheers
Hi Bill, seat came last week. Here's a pic, sorry it's evening here in the UK so the light is pretty poor.
IMG_20170531_202650-2016x1512.jpg

Tris

CBR650F ABS
Aug 21, 2016
Altrincham, UK
Sure, I've only done a 4 hour ride so far, seat was fantastic.

Yeah, bike crime is pretty bad here in UK. Chain was bought for my previous bike, a KTM, which is top of the scum bags shopping list :(

BillR

Amateur
May 31, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Yeh I know. I used to live in Stewkley, bucks many years ago. I had a CBR600F2 then and I aways carried a U-lock with me for when I parked it. Thanks for the seat info and safe riding.

Jerry

CBR650F ABS
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
My insurance requires the bike to be locked with an ART 4 certified lock. Not sure how they're gonna enforce that but I guess if your bike is stolen and they find out it wasn't locked they're gonna make a fuss about covering your damages. So yeah, I always lock it with a certified disc brake lock even though bike theft crime isn't that bad in my area.

Tris

CBR650F ABS
Aug 21, 2016
Altrincham, UK
Hi Tris, do you think the Bagster seat gives you any extra leg length (for being rounded)?
Hi Xorro - I've not noticed too much difference, the height appears to be the same. It looks like the pillion would be higher up though.

The seat does tend to naturally push you more forwards compared to the stock, which is great for the more spirited rides.

I'm loving the seat though - it fits the bike better than the Honda one!

I got mine from Motea for £189 delivered - arrived in 2 days. I googled for a 10% code. They also have 10% off today.

Tris

CBR650F ABS
Aug 21, 2016
Altrincham, UK
Hi Tris

Considering a bagster, amongst other things, any chance of a wee update on how it's been after a season please ? :)

Hey bobstrax @bobstrax - it's been/is fantastic, have done some all day 10-12 hour rides over the summer and seat was spot on comfort/performance wise.

Like I said above, it does honestly fit onto the bike better than the Honda one.

The only negative I can think of is it's not compatible with the Honda seat cowl. Oh, and I couldn't get the Bagster site to work to order a custom coloured one, but if you are happy with plain black then go for it.

I did actually get some random guy at the Ponderosa Cafe (famous biker spot in N.Wales) admiring it :)

Hope this helps..

bobstrax

CB650F ABS
Oct 1, 2017
Lincolnshire
Hi...excellent, thanks for that. Thought it would, had one on an earlier bike and it was superb.
I'd probably get the plain black cowl, considering a new paint scheme :hungry: so it would be in for a change anyway. How did you get on with it throwing you forward or was that just as you were getting used to it ?

Tris

CBR650F ABS
Aug 21, 2016
Altrincham, UK
I wouldn't say throw, it's more gently pushing you forwards. I have some snakeskin tank pads on the bike too now so this complements it nicely and you just feel locked/tuned in all the time (not in a restrictive or uncomfortable way at all - just more in control all the time).

I would never go back to the Honda one...

Top Bottom