• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650's Auto blipper

Sunde

CB650F ABS
Jun 2, 2018
Denmark - Århus
I think you can get some sort yeah. I wouldn't do it as a proper auto-blipper would require ride-by-wire, which these bikes do not have.
Which means your "blips" might not be accurate depending on what RPM's your at. I'd not risk it

Underworld Taco

CB650R ABS
Mar 23, 2020
Portugal
Riding Since
personally, i like the fact the bike dont have auto blipper with the quickshifter, its funny rev matching, but im suspicious too, bc i like the vibrations too, makes me feel one with the bike

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
And the mighty CRF1100L Africa Twin with DCT
Anybody note a hint of sarcasm in my original comment to skeletor !
ps it was meant to be a humorous response to the grampa thing .
pps I do know bikes have these things, I have had a bike with traction control. :)
Just to confirm ,as my attempt at humour has obviously fallen flat, but my auto blipper question was serious - I hadn't actually heard of them.
The end .

Last edited:

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
im so glad my father's Africa Twin dont have DCT, what is the point srly, ride a scooter with 1100cc?

I owned an NC700x with the DCT. Let me tell you, it was quicker off the line and if stuck in traffic....a Godsend!!! At the same time I never got used to it shifting when I didn't want it to.

But...the Africa Twin...Motorcycle.com reviewed them and said that they enjoyed the DCT when in the dirt more than when on the road!!! THAT surprised me as I would have thought just the opposite.

You can knock those DCT models and call them "scooters" all you want but the DCT isn't the same thing as a scooter, I can assure you!

Underworld Taco

CB650R ABS
Mar 23, 2020
Portugal
Riding Since
I owned an NC700x with the DCT. Let me tell you, it was quicker off the line and if stuck in traffic....a Godsend!!! At the same time I never got used to it shifting when I didn't want it to.

But...the Africa Twin...Motorcycle.com reviewed them and said that they enjoyed the DCT when in the dirt more than when on the road!!! THAT surprised me as I would have thought just the opposite.

You can knock those DCT models and call them "scooters" all you want but the DCT isn't the same thing as a scooter, I can assure you!
well, if its a thing is because you have ppl who likes it, nothing against, but in my opinion i don't like the fact the bike is doing all for me, since here in Portugal at least the normal is manual cars, maybe i got used to the concept and i prefer manual over automatic

Enrico

CB650F ABS
Mar 28, 2019
I have never actually had an automatic car or motorbike, but I also prefer to be in control of gear changing . Using the clutch, throttle and gear lever is all part of the skill in riding a motorbike I think , but some people obviously like the automatic bikes and scooters.

Top Bottom