• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R Accessory plug type.

absinthe

CBR650R ABS
Jun 22, 2019
hull, uk
The accessory plug on the left hand side of the airbox under the tank. Does anyone know what type of plug it is, and where i might get one.
I'd prefer not to chop off the original to install my heated grips.
Thanks chaps.

IMG_20190829_124424372.jpgIMG_20190829_124524640.jpgIMG_20190829_124428679.jpg

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
Last edited:

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
For those that want to know, some photos of the socket are attached.

You'll need to lift the tank to get to the connector. This is a relatively straight forward job. Rear cowl (or pillion) off, seat off, black plastic panels beneath the tank on each side (remove one hex bolt and pry each panel off), top cover in front of the petrol cap, black plastic shroud around the key slot (2 plastic pins release it) and finally, release the bolts holding the tank in place. I only removed the front two bolts and loosened the rear ones and that was enough to lift the tank from the front and access the connector.

The bike is a female plug so I only needed the small male part that I bought from eBay. Fitting the pins into the socket is straight forward enough. You need the female pins to fit in the male socket. They only go in one way and you'll need a W style crimping tool (sorry can't remember the proper name). Just make sure you push your wires through the seals first and then into the pins.

And this video is useful for helping you to understand how to fit the pins. Just remember you're fitting the female pins, not the male as per the video:

If you're fitting Oxford heated grips like I did, the only issue with using the socket is that you have an abundance of cables to try and conceal because you're not taking them back to the battery. I've done it but man it took a while!!

Attachments

• IMG_4449.jpg
    IMG_4449.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 269
  • IMG_4452.jpg
    IMG_4452.jpg
    926.5 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_4454.jpg
    IMG_4454.jpg
    720.3 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_4456.jpg
    IMG_4456.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_4457.jpg
    IMG_4457.jpg
    997.2 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

Noony

CBR650R ABS
Apr 27, 2020
Riding Since
Eash. So hard to find these connectors in Australia. Does anyone have a link to a distributor?

lagamod

CB650R
Jul 12, 2020
The accessory plug on the left hand side of the airbox under the tank. Does anyone know what type of plug it is, and where i might get one.
I'd prefer not to chop off the original to install my heated grips.
Thanks chaps.

View attachment 3929View attachment 3931View attachment 3930
Hi dear!!

How can I find this connector?? I want install a USB charguer but i dont see the connector you said. is it difficult to access? Could you take some photos or videos explaining it???

Thank you!!!

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
Hi dear!!

How can I find this connector?? I want install a USB charguer but i dont see the connector you said. is it difficult to access? Could you take some photos or videos explaining it???

Thank you!!!

There are images of the accessory socket in post #1

lagamod

CB650R
Jul 12, 2020
I am triying to install a usb adapter but have a doubt... Its necessary a fuse?? Or i can connect directly to the accessory port?? Thank you

AllanR

CBR650F
Jul 2, 2020
Riding Since
Anyone know what the 8 pin socket is on the CBR650R that's located with the accessories plug?

Attachments

• 20200825_001848.jpg
    20200825_001848.jpg
    926.8 KB · Views: 149

Atucker

CBR650R
Aug 18, 2020
Riding Since
do you need to unbolt the fuel tank to access this ? ty
Yes, unless you have tiny hands, and even then you'll waste more time screwing around trying to than you will if you just undo the bolts raise the tank. Removing the tank side panels and tank takes about 3mins, and another 2 mins to bolt back up once done. The entire process of accessing the plug takes maybe 10mins on the R version if you're moving slow.

CBFinn

CB650R ABS
Aug 7, 2017
Finland
For those that want to know, some photos of the socket are attached.

You'll need to lift the tank to get to the connector. This is a relatively straight forward job. Rear cowl (or pillion) off, seat off, black plastic panels beneath the tank on each side (remove one hex bolt and pry each panel off), top cover in front of the petrol cap, black plastic shroud around the key slot (2 plastic pins release it) and finally, release the bolts holding the tank in place. I only removed the front two bolts and loosened the rear ones and that was enough to lift the tank from the front and access the connector.

The bike is a female plug so I only needed the small male part that I bought from eBay. Fitting the pins into the socket is straight forward enough. You need the female pins to fit in the male socket. They only go in one way and you'll need a W style crimping tool (sorry can't remember the proper name). Just make sure you push your wires through the seals first and then into the pins.

And this video is useful for helping you to understand how to fit the pins. Just remember you're fitting the female pins, not the male as per the video:

If you're fitting Oxford heated grips like I did, the only issue with using the socket is that you have an abundance of cables to try and conceal because you're not taking them back to the battery. I've done it but man it took a while!!

Thanks for the detailed guide! Navigator is now powered by the plug and USB C port is still available for the phone.

Top Bottom