• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R Accessory plug type.

absinthe

CBR650R ABS
Jun 22, 2019
hull, uk
The accessory plug on the left hand side of the airbox under the tank. Does anyone know what type of plug it is, and where i might get one.
I'd prefer not to chop off the original to install my heated grips.
Thanks chaps.

IMG_20190829_124424372.jpgIMG_20190829_124524640.jpgIMG_20190829_124428679.jpg

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
Last edited:

Rafe

CBR650R ABS
Oct 1, 2019
United Kingdom
For those that want to know, some photos of the socket are attached.

You'll need to lift the tank to get to the connector. This is a relatively straight forward job. Rear cowl (or pillion) off, seat off, black plastic panels beneath the tank on each side (remove one hex bolt and pry each panel off), top cover in front of the petrol cap, black plastic shroud around the key slot (2 plastic pins release it) and finally, release the bolts holding the tank in place. I only removed the front two bolts and loosened the rear ones and that was enough to lift the tank from the front and access the connector.

The bike is a female plug so I only needed the small male part that I bought from eBay. Fitting the pins into the socket is straight forward enough. You need the female pins to fit in the male socket. They only go in one way and you'll need a W style crimping tool (sorry can't remember the proper name). Just make sure you push your wires through the seals first and then into the pins.

And this video is useful for helping you to understand how to fit the pins. Just remember you're fitting the female pins, not the male as per the video:

If you're fitting Oxford heated grips like I did, the only issue with using the socket is that you have an abundance of cables to try and conceal because you're not taking them back to the battery. I've done it but man it took a while!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Noony

CBR650R ABS
Apr 27, 2020
Eash. So hard to find these connectors in Australia. Does anyone have a link to a distributor?

Top Bottom