• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Water/mud spray after installing a fender eliminator/tail tidy

Pot8o

CBR650F ABS
Apr 7, 2018
Hey guys, I have a question for all of you who have a fender eliminator kit installed on a 650f:

Im thinking about installing a fender eliminator on my new bike. What I am worried about is water/mud spraying onto the backseat/my back when riding in the wet. I have witnessed this problem on other bikes, namely my cousins MT-07. Do you get a lot of spray on a 650f without the stock fender?

Personally I would rather go with the stock fender than having to clean my whole bike and jacket every few times after riding in the wet.

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
It's not that bad.I have had mine on some time now and it makes the back end look real nice and it shows off
your big back tire, just make sure it's a Metzler road tech 01Now if you carry a passenger that's a different story
they are going to get wet.To me the looks out way the wetness,again it's up to you.

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand
Contrary to many others on this site I quite like the looks of the stock tail and yes it is functional as well.
I rode in heavy rain yesterday and my jacket got obviously wet, but no mud or dirt from the road, only water.

Pot8o

CBR650F ABS
Apr 7, 2018
Ok, thanks a lot for the feedback :) At least its good to know that the original one does its job😅 C @CBFinn that is an oddly long plate after all :D

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I’ve yet to understand why everyone hates the fenders on sport bikes so much. They’re small, functional, lightweight, unhook easily for track use, they complete the look of the backend......

I guess it’s the “racebike” look of no fender but a wet back, ass and water running down the seat into your crotch is really not fun. And I don’t have a racebike, it’s a streetbike, so function fir me wins.

Op, you’ll have a wet back and seat, it’ll splash back on you and all over the back of the bike. It’s just the way it is.

Somchai

CBR650F ABS
Jan 13, 2018
Thailand
Made 2 pics of a bike with a tail-tidy that was just parked coming from a ride on a wet road.
The guy had his girlfriend as passenger. Her back was dirty too.

P_20180429_152328x.jpgP_20180429_152342x.jpg

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
I really don't know what you guys are complaining about.I love washing the mud off my girl friends
butt in the shower! When we go out to eat that's another story,she looks really bad covered with mud just sitting there and
i look just great not a drop of mud on me.Lucky for me she can't rider a big bike!

Road Hog

CBR650F ABS
May 4, 2017
Thailand
Wet weather gear is the answer 1 piece Revit is good.I bought this for my GF and my self last rainy season
but we are too lazy to put it on most of the time.Or we get caught in the rain half way to where we are going
so why stop and put it on, it's to late we are all ready soaked to the bone. Pot80,it's not that bad,really!

Pot8o

CBR650F ABS
Apr 7, 2018
Wet weather gear is the answer 1 piece Revit is good.I bought this for my GF and my self last rainy season
but we are too lazy to put it on most of the time.Or we get caught in the rain half way to where we are going
so why stop and put it on, it's to late we are all ready soaked to the bone. Pot80,it's not that bad,really!

It’s not the rain or wetness that bothers me, if it rains I get wet anyway. I just don’t like the thought of having to hose down the bike an/or my gear after riding on a wet road.
The stock fender doesn‘t look bad enough that I‘d be willing to spend that extra time and money buying the eliminator kit and cleaning my saddle and gear even more.

Conundrum

CBR650F
Jun 18, 2014
Ontario, Canada
As I've said before, it would be awesome if one of the manufacturers made an adjustable tidy tail option. Essentially have it tucked away nicely, but if you knew it was going to get wet, you could pull a pin and extend it back out to near stock placement.

Still wouldn't help in a random downpour, but most of the time you sort of know rain is coming, so pulling out the tail could be done when throwing on the rain gear or covering your tank/tailbag.

DRyker

Amateur
Jun 17, 2017
Arkansas
As I've said before, it would be awesome if one of the manufacturers made an adjustable tidy tail option. Essentially have it tucked away nicely, but if you knew it was going to get wet, you could pull a pin and extend it back out to near stock placement.

Still wouldn't help in a random downpour, but most of the time you sort of know rain is coming, so pulling out the tail could be done when throwing on the rain gear or covering your tank/tailbag.

You know what, I think I'll give it a shot this summer. Only drawback I can think of is it'd weigh a little more than the stock. I'll let you know how it turns out if I get around to it.

Pot8o

CBR650F ABS
Apr 7, 2018

1527489050686.png

Top Bottom