• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650Rs Single-Sided Swingarms

koehnts

CB650R ABS
Jun 8, 2020
Minneapolis, MN
Riding Since
Hey gang,

Has anyone considered switching to a single-sided swingarm (I own a '19 CB650R) and done any research around price, installation, etc.? Or does anyone have general knowledge on the hoops needed to jump through to get one installed?

The winner of Honda's Garage Dream (Honda Mototrofa) had one and it was far too sexy. I'm not looking to discuss the pros and cons of an SSSA; I don't want one for performance, just aesthetics.

Go!

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
As far as I know, the swingarm of Ducati 821 will work.
821 is a dual sided swingarm, I thought. Googling shows that as well, unless I’m missing something.

Also most modern Ducati’s don’t have a frame and instead use a separate trellis up front bother to the front cylinder and a tail section bolted to the rear cylinder with the swingarm bolted to the motor only. I’d look for something made to bolt between frame rails: early VFR, CB1000R, maybe even some Triumph units which can be machined, spaced and sleeved as needed. I’ve seen it done on quite a few bikes, it’s possible but you need to start with something that you can work with.

iQuit

CBR650R ABS
Apr 16, 2019
haha my bad 😂, monster 1100 not 821, however the price would be "ugly", 'cause many things will need to be done.
At the beginning of this year, I also wanted to change the swingarm for the bike, and was recommended to use the 821's, and then covid came ...

MattTalbot

CBR650R
Oct 25, 2020
Riding Since
haha my bad 😂, monster 1100 not 821, however the price would be "ugly", 'cause many things will need to be done.
At the beginning of this year, I also wanted to change the swingarm for the bike, and was recommended to use the 821's, and then covid came ...
Why would a Monster 1100 work? From what I’ve heard the Honda Garage Dream used a CB1000r swing arm which would make sense given that it’s the same brand and similar model.
How would you be able to tell which one fits onto the frame best without just trial and error?

Top Bottom