R.I.P. Neil Peart

Eaglemoto

CBR650R ABS
Jul 13, 2019
Riding Since
Even in the early days of internet it was still good going to see your favourite band play live. Been to see Guns N' Roses, Faith No More, Stereophonics, Velvet Revolver, Dogs D'Amour, Manic Street Preachers, David Bowie, and seen others bands and singers at festivals and the Freddie Mercury tribute concert. My one regret is never getting to see Soundgarden live.
I even have a few ticket stubs from various gigs.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
I used to keep ticket stubs but then I got into the radio industry and started going to shows 2x or 3x a week from 1996-2006 so it got out of hand and I dumped them years ago in a move. Then I moved into the “big city” radio and discovered that the free tickets all but dried up due to scamming and scalping so I’m bummed I didn’t keep them.

My wife and I hadn’t been to a decent show in probably 10 years and decided in ‘17 and ‘18 to go see live music again and went to a number of shows in a year or so. Kind of gave it up again, ticket prices are absolutely crazy and it’s getting hard to justify $500+ each plus fees, plus dinner, merch and drinks to be squeezed into a seat next to a bunch of drunk asses hell bent on standing the entire show screaming incoherent yet wrong lyrics while filming EVERY minute of the show on their phone. So like $1,500 gone in 4 hours kinda blows.

I don’t know, might be time to choose a show or two a year and start going before these great artists all pass.

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Call me whatever but I should have done this a long time ago. Always thought about vanity plates but never pursued it.

So, what a better way to honor the band and my idol!

The top will be for the car and the bottom for the motorcycle.

49422412892_9285e1ec7b_o.jpg

The "YYZ SOLO" is an honor to Neil and my childhood. When the "Exit...Stage Left" album came out I bought it on cassette. I figured out how to sneak it into the school library's cassette player that had the multiple headphone jacks. This way my friends could enjoy the music while "pretending" to read an audio book! We all marveled at the YYZ drum solo and would play it over and over. That solidified for me who the greatest drummer in the world was...and that was back in 6th grade, 1981!

The bottom is in reference to my only concert I ever saw them in back in 1984 for the "Grace Under Pressure" tour at the Aud in Buffalo.

Plates should be in 6-8 weeks from now.

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
Devilsfan @Devilsfan That is awesome. I bought the EXIT STAGE LEFT DVD two years ago from Amazon, and we were in the middle of packing to move and I never got a chance to watch it. Found it in a box last week. Holy Cow! It is awesome. Different song list from the cassette tape/CD I had. Highly recommended...

CE59402A-23BF-444E-91F1-D9BF33B30557.jpegDCDE2427-1192-4C0E-89D1-F03A0822D6A8.jpeg

Devilsfan

CB650F
Jun 5, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Devilsfan @Devilsfan That is awesome. I bought the EXIT STAGE LEFT DVD two years ago from Amazon, and we were in the middle of packing to move and I never got a chance to watch it. Found it in a box last week. Holy Cow! It is awesome. Different song list from the cassette tape/CD I had. Highly recommended...

View attachment 5802View attachment 5803

It was that album that REALLY got me into Neil's drumming! As stated in above threads, my new license plate reads, "YYZ SOLO" after Neil's performance on that album taught me that this guy was something special!

Great find for you and don't ever get rid of it!

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
Stumbled upon this quick Rockumentary this morning. Although the creator consistently mispronounces Neil’s last name, there is some great footage and introspection. 🙄. As I’ve had some time to reflect on the mark that Peart left on me and the music world in general, the magnitude of his work continues to grow. I put on Hemispheres about a week ago and just really listened to all the things going on musically in those tracks. Amazing that 3 guys could produce such art.

cbrproject

CBR650R ABS
May 26, 2020
Riding Since
This man was my child hood hero and my idol growing up. Heartbreaking to see him go but he touched the lives of many. Seems he had a similar impact to you as well.

May he truly rest in peace <3

Top Bottom