• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650Rs R&g crash protectors for cbr650r issue

Hol

CBR650R ABS
Aug 16, 2019

I have these exact sliders fitted on my ‘19 CBR650R and have dropped it on both sides at a standstill. I can’t see any obvious damage and the bike seems fine. What should one look out for, would any damage be obvious?

Also I’m now reconsidering my choices. Would anyone be able to identify the original bolts? Are they hex bolts which take a hex key? Currently there are bolts which take a socket (if that makes sense) holding the sliders in place.

Thanks in advance!

trippy

CB650R ABS
May 2, 2021
Riding Since
I dropped the bike at standatill and lowsided at about 35 kph. No damage to frame or engine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220917-232637.jpg
    Screenshot_20220917-232637.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30

Tony650r

CBR650R
Nov 30, 2021
Riding Since
I’m all for some good case covers, not that I have any protection on my bike whatsoever 😂. I don’t think that slider in the “good spot” is accessible for the cbr anyway? I seem to have good luck with low sides though. About 20 years ago I low sided my R6, I was swearing and giving myself shit right up until I picked up the bike, and it was a god damn miracle. Very light barely noticeable 3 inch scuff on the edge of the fairing by the motor, barely noticeable scratches on driver/passenger pegs, tip of the clutch lever, tiny scuff on the mirror, and I still had the huge oem front signals, so little scuff on that. If you looked at the bike from two feet away you probably wouldn’t notice. I couldn’t believe my luck. You know maybe the Yamaha engineers knew their bikes attract a certain type of rider (was my first street bike 🤪), so they foresaw many low sides and designed it accordingly. 😂 screw you Yamaha, but also thank you.

Top Bottom