• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Questions from a soon to be CB650F owner

Sunde

CB650F ABS
Jun 2, 2018
Denmark - Århus
Hi all! I will be upgrading to my A2 license in about a month, and will be going with a restricted CB650F (super stoked) :D
I have some questions regarding mods that i hope you can offer som advice with.
I wish to find good solutions for:

A windscreen.
Tail Tidy.
Tyres.
+ other mods that you guys might suggest.

Any good reccomendations? I'd love links to places where i can buy them aswell!
Thank you!

Sunde

CB650F ABS
Jun 2, 2018
Denmark - Århus
Forgot to add, i am also looking for advice regarding new mirros. I'd like some sort of bar-end mirrors, but not those that go below - or are level to the bars. i think i would look for some that are slightly raised, any got experience with those?

StephaneCBR

CBR650F ABS
May 23, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Windscreen: Puig
Tail Tidy: Yoshimura
Tyres: depends if you want more sport or touring. Sport I would go for the Rosso III, Touring with the Pilot Road 4.

Other Mods:
Exhaust: Akrapovic full system
Levers: few good brands, make sure its 650F specific.

Search the forum and you will find a lot of info for the above.

And Welcome on board !!

Sunde

CB650F ABS
Jun 2, 2018
Denmark - Århus
Windscreen: Puig
Tail Tidy: Yoshimura
Tyres: depends if you want more sport or touring. Sport I would go for the Rosso III, Touring with the Pilot Road 4.

Other Mods:
Exhaust: Akrapovic full system
Levers: few good brands, make sure its 650F specific.

Search the forum and you will find a lot of info for the above.

And Welcome on board !!
Thank you Stephane just to clarify, i would love to know which Puig windscreen? They make quite a few different ones that seem to fit the CB650, and clearly they will not be identical in performance. Im looking to see which one you, the people, who acutually ride these bikes have come to love the most.
(goes for all my questions really) I can find all of these parts sure, but which specifc ones do you guys prefer?
Will also go looking through the forum, my only gripe is that there is quite a lot of knowledge, and it can be abit overwhelming... But alas i realise these questions have probably been asked 100 times before. Thank you for responding!

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
Welcome! There are existing threads for all your mods, so feel free do read up and contribute. SEARCH function works pretty well

Thecult

CB650F ABS
May 2, 2018
I have a ton of parts ordered and will post pics once they are all onboard. But as others have said
Givii is ermax are the only good options for windscreen. Honda OEM if you want look but not something useful.
Exhaust basically just akrapovic. Some super knock off stuff I’ve seen that make work but I wouldn’t.
Any tail tidy kit will work. I even did integrated turn signals at the rear.
Have flush mounts for front coming in along with levers and other goodies. Hopefully next week all put together.

Sunde

CB650F ABS
Jun 2, 2018
Denmark - Århus
Thanks alot guys, so far i know which windscreen and tail-tidy im going for. Will do much more stuff down the road, but i want to ride the bike first! 1 month to go :D

DoomGuy

CBR650F ABS
Jul 13, 2017
Barcelona
To be honest, I spent 6000Km telling myself: this OEM “tall” windscreen is shit and this stock mirrors as well, but then I attended an advanced honda riding course, and it’s all about body position. If you bend enough and get your ass as forward as possible you will not only gain control over your motorbike, but you will be protected from the stream and enable to see your back, yes, it’s tiresome and your back will suffer from time to time, but you are going for a semi-sportsbike. Or, of course, you can go for aftermarket windscreen and mirrors and make it more tourer.

Sunde

CB650F ABS
Jun 2, 2018
Denmark - Århus
Gentlemen, my local shop has a set of S21's that are unused, but at a 50% discount because they'v been taken off another bike, so he cant sell them as "new". Any inputs on the S21?

redwirus

CB650F ABS
May 11, 2018
To be honest, I spent 6000Km telling myself: this OEM “tall” windscreen is shit and this stock mirrors as well.
He is about to get CB not CBR and they don't have any windscreen 😁

I got myself Givi and I'm quite happy. It goes nicely with the bike.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Gentlemen, my local shop has a set of S21's that are unused, but at a 50% discount because they'v been taken off another bike, so he cant sell them as "new". Any inputs on the S21?

Sorry, I must have missed this question. I’m running S21’s and they work great. Not my favorite tire ever but a solid choice and better than the stock Dunlop’s.
I got my bike yesterday, and got to take it for a nice ride.
(holy crap its awesome) coming from a 125cc CBF!
I will be fitting my Puig Windscreen one of these days, right now i just cant stop riding it... ;)

Nice!!!!

Top Bottom