• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F Protek ABS Plastic windscreen

Slickvic

CBR650F
Sep 27, 2017
Brookfield, WI
Riding Since
I did a forum search and could not find any references to this product. Last week I just happened to come across this aftermarket windscreen on Amazon.com and was surprised by the affordable price.

I automatically wrote it off as sub-par junk, but for $20 I was curious enough to buy one. I should also state that I was not interested in any of the other aftermarket offerings, especially the larger windscreens that look like the Alien queen's head dress.
No, it was just that I did not like the look of the OEM windscreen.

So imagine my surprise when it arrived yesterday and it wasn't junk. This is a quality plastic molding. Its the same dimensions as the OEM unit and bolts up perfectly.
Yes it is darkly smoked. Like welder goggles dark. But I never could lean low enough to look thru the windscreen anyway. I probably will paint the bolts flat black to complete the look.

Find it here:
Protek ABS Plastic windscreen - Amazon.com

Pics for clicks.....
Protek  Windshield Cropped-1.jpgProtek  Windshield Cropped-2.jpg

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
Just be aware the “expensive” windscreens have a plastic that will not shatter and become shards of sharp projectiles if struck with a stone or other debris when riding. Make sure that is safe and tested

Slickvic

CBR650F
Sep 27, 2017
Brookfield, WI
Riding Since
Just be aware the “expensive” windscreens have a plastic that will not shatter and become shards of sharp projectiles if struck with a stone or other debris when riding. Make sure that is safe and tested

I used to work at a plastics fabrication company, so unfortunately I knew that ABS is not as safe as the expensive polycarbonate windscreens. I will give updates if anything like that happens.

Thanks.

bishop

CBR650F
Mar 17, 2018
I did a forum search and could not find any references to this product. Last week I just happened to come across this aftermarket windscreen on Amazon.com and was surprised by the affordable price.

I automatically wrote it off as sub-par junk, but for $20 I was curious enough to buy one. I should also state that I was not interested in any of the other aftermarket offerings, especially the larger windscreens that look like the Alien queen's head dress.
No, it was just that I did not like the look of the OEM windscreen.

So imagine my surprise when it arrived yesterday and it wasn't junk. This is a quality plastic molding. Its the same dimensions as the OEM unit and bolts up perfectly.
Yes it is darkly smoked. Like welder goggles dark. But I never could lean low enough to look thru the windscreen anyway. I probably will paint the bolts flat black to complete the look.

Find it here:
Protek ABS Plastic windscreen - Amazon.com

Pics for clicks.....
I'm cheap.

I have used red and black magic marker on my chrome bolts.

Make sure you clean the bolts really clean first.

Top Bottom