• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650F Powercommander V, Akrapovic Maps?

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
Hey so l was considering purchasing the Akrapovic Racing Line (Titanium) // S-H6R11-AFT // exhaust, which ive heard does not require a power commander or a ECU flash however l was curious whether or not there are actually maps available to install once l get it. I checked on their website and they don't currently have one for any Akrapovic model exhaust. Could someone shed some light on this matter!

If there is already a thread about this exact map please link it too me as l do go through most of the posts on this forum however l may have missed a chat about it.

Gabescbr650f

CBR650F
Jul 9, 2018
If you keep the db killer on use the arrow exhaust map if you decide to take off the db killer use the arrow full exaust without db killer. It’s the best one to use if you don’t have the exact map as they are very similar. My runs really good and strong with it. My exaust throws some flames as well :) I’m happy

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
I've had mine done in the last few days. I have a lot to write up about it including dyno graphs, a quick video and a review of it. Just need the time. I'm surprised there isn't a map available that includes any Akrapovic exhaust as a modification.

Anyways, it cost me £150 but I'm happy to distribute it for £5 if others would like it. Call me cheeky but it's a hell of a saving for someone!

I have an Akra S-H6R11-AFT, K&N filter, pair valve removed, BP ultimate used, 8,700 miles, mapped with all the previous for a 13.2 A/F ratio. Measured 82.3bhp at the rear wheel which is ~93.5 at crank with a 12% drive train loss. Standard 'I'm devoid of all responsibility if this stuffs your bike somehow' applies.

Gabescbr650f

CBR650F
Jul 9, 2018
This would suggest your mixture is too rich and therefore the map is not optimal for your bike IMHO.
Only does it when I rev the shit out of it. The tech from power commander is the one who recommended it to me and the bike runs like a champ. I used the twobros map and that one sucked and didn’t have much of a power gain compared to the other. Big difference

Sudesh

CBR650F ABS
650 Alumnus
Nov 21, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Riding Since
Not sure where in Australia to really get it dyno tested and a map created for me as l just am changing the exhaust on mine. But apparently the bike does run okay with no Powercommander so l might just run it stock with that full system change and hope nothing blows up in my face.

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
It does, nothing will blow up in your face don't worry. I had it this way for 2 years. If you end up making changes similar to my set up listed above it could be well worth just taking that. With no map there's a flat spot under full load at low to medium revs. But otherwise the bike runs well with no issues and no pcv.

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
FYI... Power Commander has a new map for Akra on their site now.

You're right, this is very recent. I looked only a few days ago and there were only 4. Have just opened it and found it differs to my map with the same exhaust in that cells are rich on my map but lean on theirs in some places and vice versa. It's a shame the descriptions aren't more specific as in what afr were they aiming for, baffle in/out, cat in/out, filter type etc.

It does seem to substantiate the claim that filters make very little difference to performance, since the description does generalise the map applicability to stock and aftermarket filters.

Jaydee178

CBR650F
Apr 25, 2018
I just installed it today and saw it there. Refreshed a few times thinking I made a mistake and entered the wrong bike. I also was in there not too long ago and saw only the 4 maps. Well, go figure.
Anyway, with some guidance from Tris, the only mod right now is the exhaust and modded the baffle (9 hole drilled). No filter change or pair valve removal. Took it for a short ride, nothing substantial and did notice a great improvement on how smooth roll on/off the throttle is. It seems to pull a bit more gradual as opposed to being slightly hesitant and definitely get up to higher speeds without being on the throttle as much. I don't plan on getting a tune till next year, so I don't know what the numbers are on a dyno run. Nevertheless, I was a bit skeptical as to whether I'd notice much of a change but, I'm pleased to say it was worth the money. It's not going to snap your head back by any means but definitely pulls much stronger and less vibration when it hits the torque range. As if the engine feels way less restricted. I don't know what the other maps were like, but I'm very very pleased with the Akra on. Thank you Tris for giving me the extra encouragement.

Last edited:

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
I just installed it today and saw it there. Refreshed a few times thinking I made a mistake and entered the wrong bike. I also was in there not too long ago and saw only the 4 maps. Well, go figure.
Anyway, with some guidance from Tris, the only mod right now is the exhaust and modded the baffle (9 hole drilled). No filter change or pair valve removal. Took it for a short ride, nothing substantial and did notice a great improvement on how smooth roll on/off the throttle is. It seems to pull a bit more gradual as opposed to being slightly hesitant and definitely get up to higher speeds without being on the throttle as much. I don't plan on getting a tune till next year, so I don't know what the numbers are on a dyno run. Nevertheless, I was a bit skeptical as to whether I'd notice much of a change but, I'm pleased to say it was worth the money. It's not going to snap your head back by any means but definitely pulls much stronger and less vibration when it hits the torque range. As if the engine feels way less restricted. I don't know what the other maps were like, but I'm very very pleased with the Akra on. Thank you Tris for giving me the extra encouragement.
Where did you get your PCV from? if States, did you pay duty on it? Cheers

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
I've had mine done in the last few days. I have a lot to write up about it including dyno graphs, a quick video and a review of it. Just need the time. I'm surprised there isn't a map available that includes any Akrapovic exhaust as a modification.

Anyways, it cost me £150 but I'm happy to distribute it for £5 if others would like it. Call me cheeky but it's a hell of a saving for someone!

I have an Akra S-H6R11-AFT, K&N filter, pair valve removed, BP ultimate used, 8,700 miles, mapped with all the previous for a 13.2 A/F ratio. Measured 82.3bhp at the rear wheel which is ~93.5 at crank with a 12% drive train loss. Standard 'I'm devoid of all responsibility if this stuffs your bike somehow' applies.
Are you still eager to share?

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
You're right, this is very recent. I looked only a few days ago and there were only 4. Have just opened it and found it differs to my map with the same exhaust in that cells are rich on my map but lean on theirs in some places and vice versa. It's a shame the descriptions aren't more specific as in what afr were they aiming for, baffle in/out, cat in/out, filter type etc.

It does seem to substantiate the claim that filters make very little difference to performance, since the description does generalise the map applicability to stock and aftermarket filters.
I just installed PCV on my 2018 with Akra mapping. Surprisingly, Akra map is leaner in majority of cells ( the EYE is just a little bit richer than stock) and to be honest, I did not see whole a lot difference in power, maybe a little more in midrange. It was quite a turn off to me so far. Any suggestions? Have you tried Arrow’s mappings?

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
I just installed PCV on my 2018 with Akra mapping. Surprisingly, Akra map is leaner in majority of cells ( the EYE is just a little bit richer than stock) and to be honest, I did not see whole a lot difference in power, maybe a little more in midrange. It was quite a turn off to me so far. Any suggestions? Have you tried Arrow’s mappings?

Yes still happy to share this if anyone is interested, as long as you're happy with the modifications and parameters under which the bike was run. I haven't tried any of the Dynojet maps at all since they're just generic ones, only ever used variations of the custom one that I have. It's similar overall to the Akrapovic one in terms of leaner mid range, bar a few deviations here and there.

Pm me if you want me to send you mine and I'll send it over.

Top Bottom