• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

All 650Fs PAIR VALVE REMOVAL - CHEAPEST AND EASIEST WAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
Hi Gents,
I have scavenged the forum to find a decent explanation on how to properly block the Air Supply Hose that feeds the PAIR system without going through all the hassles of removing the solenoid and installing plates on the reeds and etc. and I had no luck!
What I've found form visiting other forums so far is that I can easily use MARBLES, FURNITURE PLASTIC LEG CAPS or any other plastic nipples to do so.
My question is what size should I look for? 5/8 inch? ...
Has anyone used marbles? if yes what size.
Can I block it by shoving something down into the air box hole with out disconnecting the hose? Can I just duck tape it? (lol) trying to be creative and cheap!

PAIR Valve.PNG

Cheers

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Can I block it by shoving something down into the air box hole with out disconnecting the hose? Can I just duck tape it? (lol) trying to be creative and cheap!
Cheers

Shove a marble down the hose that feeds the PAIR intake, that’ll do it.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
What can be used if we've lost our marbles?
Anything that can’t come loose get sucked into the intake (it’s on the filtered side of the airbox) and not get sucked into the PAIR pump. Any hobby/craft supply store will have marbles, BTW.

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
Big lump of blue tac? That's currently bunging up the hole in my airbox from the removal of the hose.

J
Blue tack it is... its done... hopefully it will not go further down in to the hose! Didn’t have chance for a spin... will update u all

FogDucker

CB650F ABS
Apr 3, 2019
Canada
Why doing this? Will you gain more power, less fuel consumption or something?
Search for the same topic in this forum. There is tons of info about it. in a nutshell, it will give a better throttle/smoother response, no pops while decelerating (specially if you have fitted aftermarket exhaust), saving couple pounds of weight (if the whole mechanism is removed) and more importantly much less jerkiness while engine breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom