• Welcome - be sure to add your motorcycle to the Showcase!

CBR650R My new CBR650R

Vector

CBR650R ABS
Aug 14, 2018
After waiting for months and not knowing when the bike is gonna release in Germany, I finally got the call from my dealer yesterday!

They still have to install the accessories, but I could sit on it atleast for the first time. What a f**king good looking bike!! I love it.

The Quickshifter didn't arrive yet so i will have to wait a little bit longer...

As for the extras I took the heated grips, 12V charger, touring glass, the qs and a seat cowl.

Racing Red obviously for those extra hp...
I think it has a darker red than the F version, but i am not sure.

The change in terms of ergonomics is noticeable. If i want to shift properly i have to move back in the seat. Long legs...
The bike is still comfortable, but you'll sit a little bit more bend over.

Once I can drive it I'll give you an update and my first riding impressions.

Attachments

• 20190307_112311.jpg
    20190307_112311.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 70

Vector

CBR650R ABS
Aug 14, 2018
Well bad news for me:
Seems like the earliest free date to make the bigger driving license is in juli ๐Ÿ™ƒ
Probably I am gonna have to reduce the power to 48hp again... So annoying.

jerzy_bondov

CBR650F ABS
Sep 30, 2018
London
Well bad news for me:
Seems like the earliest free date to make the bigger driving license is in juli ๐Ÿ™ƒ
Probably I am gonna have to reduce the power to 48hp again... So annoying.

Is that an age related thing in Germany Vector? How old are you?

Vector

CBR650R ABS
Aug 14, 2018
Is that an age related thing in Germany Vector? How old are you?

Yes it is.
If you are under the age of 24 you are only allowed to make the A2 driving license. With this license you can ride bikes with up to 48hp. Restricting the bike is also possible but only if it has less than double the hp. (96hp) that's the reason why the cbr only has 95hp. To fit the european market.
After two years you can take an extra exam and get the A driving license. The A license is the unrestricted one. At the age of 24 you can get it directly.
For people under 18 it is also possible to get the A1 license at the age of 16. It permits you to ride bikes with 125ccm and up to 15hp.

I am 21 right now so I still got the A2 license.

Drewster123

CBR650F ABS
Feb 16, 2018
Yes it is.
If you are under the age of 24 you are only allowed to make the A2 driving license. With this license you can ride bikes with up to 48hp. Restricting the bike is also possible but only if it has less than double the hp. (96hp) that's the reason why the cbr only has 95hp. To fit the european market.
After two years you can take an extra exam and get the A driving license. The A license is the unrestricted one. At the age of 24 you can get it directly.
For people under 18 it is also possible to get the A1 license at the age of 16. It permits you to ride bikes with 125ccm and up to 15hp.

I can't wait take my restrcter of it just kills any excitement

RoadSafeRider84

CB650F ABS
Jun 13, 2018
Yes it is.

Still, even resgricted thats a beautiful bike to have at 21. Well done!!! You will still enjoy it restricted and then get to look forward to unleashing its full power in July! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿพ

Vector

CBR650R ABS
Aug 14, 2018
Still, even resgricted thats a beautiful bike to have at 21. Well done!!! You will still enjoy it restricted and then get to look forward to unleashing its full power in July! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿพ
That's true. Probably not a bad idea to get used to the bike first with half the power

Daniel

CB650F ABS
Feb 15, 2015
๐Ÿ˜‚ Why oh why doesn't this idea take off I wonder. But he's not gonna need them anyway right? Because he's not going down on this one, especially not without good insurance!

Vector

CBR650R ABS
Aug 14, 2018
Hey man, do post some pics when you get the seat cowl done. Does Honda sell the matte black version there?

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I am gonna post it once everything is fitted.

I think they also sell the matt black version off the cowl. At least the one employee asked me in which color i want the cowl and they also sell the black bike.

Vector

CBR650R ABS
Aug 14, 2018
Be sure to pick up a set of helmet protectors, just keep your neck stiff when you go down.

View attachment 2776

That looks like a great idea!! Definitely gonna add this to my wishlist. Finally a good solution to protect the helmet from crashes. I mean what should go wrong with this type of protection? I am a big fan of frame sliders!

Nithesh

MotoGP
Apr 5, 2014
India
Oddly enough even though Honda Thailand manufactures the seat cowls from the same factory, its not available in Thailand dealerships even today. Enquired at BigWing dealerships and they all said its yet to arrive for them.

Top Bottom